MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by tomalak301, Apr 2, 2012.

1. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice job Mets stealing one late. That was an entertaining game, neither team is playing for anything, but it was a hard fought game.

The Mets fundamental breakdowns in the field continue to chap my ass though.

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ The Dinger Machine...it's watching you... :eek: :eek:

3. SmoothieX

The Dinger Machine can suck Cishak's sweaty jock.

As a fan of a team with nothing to play for, the occasional dramatic comeback is about as good as it gets.

4. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Ok, Medlan is for real. No way they don't run him out there in a one game playoff right?

In other news, Dan Uggla is now a bench player.

5. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Orioles could be in 1st place by the end of the night. Crazy

6. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

They're completely out-performing their run differential, too. They're the luckiest team in recent memory.

7. Starbreaker

So... I wonder if all the Orioles fans who jumped over and became Nationals fans want to be Orioles fans again? :wtf:

8. SmoothieX

I'm sure both teams picked up some Phillies fans too.

9. Starbreaker

I saw a bunch of kids that had on Nationals jerseys at Camden. A couple of ushers were jokingly giving them a hard time.

In other news, DC is already planning security for a world series parade. :wtf:

10. SmoothieX

Well, the Redskins game on the Sunday before the election is usually a good clue who will be President. How does this apply to the Nationals? If they make the World Series, it could get awful close to Election Day.

11. Mr. Laser Beam

I have been in DC all this week and while it's exciting to watch the Nats finally kick some ass...it's been against the Cubs, who hardly put up much of a fight. So these games have all been very one-sided. Plus, I swear that the horn that goes off when a Nat hits a home run is loud enough to shatter car windows. :scream:

One thing though, what the hell is this with the crowd spontaneously singing "Take On Me"? They've been doing that every bleedin' night... :confused:

12. Starbreaker

That's Michael Morse's walk up tune. Apparently they do it all the time.

13. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I always thought it unprofessional when home team staffs give the opposing teams fans a hard time on any level. Especially children.

Mr. Laser Beam likes this.
  14. Mr. Laser Beam

^ That happened to me at Citizens Bank Park this spring. Phillies fans and ballpark workers both treated me like dogshit - for the crime of wearing non-Philly gear. :rolleyes:

15. Mr. Laser Beam

The Nats seemed to be using different songs every time last night (except for Ian Desmond). At one point Jayson Werth - side note, I don't fucking care if the bases were loaded, the count was 3-0, and the Nats had a 7-2 lead, Werth had every right to swing, and Jamie Quirk is a jackass - came to bat and the song was basically "WOOOOO!" :lol:

16. Starbreaker

Chipper got booed during his appreciation ceremony at Citi Field. I wouldn't have it any other way.

17. SmoothieX

We've been hating this guy for 15 years, you think that's about to change just because he's retiring?

He's in Reggie Miller territory at this point as far as NY sports villains. Great player with one team his whole career, seems like an upstanding guy off the field, and takes a perverse joy in destroying your team in big spots.

I remember when there was the rivalry (lopsided as it was) with the Braves around 2000. I swear he got a hit every time he came up.

18. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

As a life long Mets fan, I never boo anyone. I personally think it is classless to do so. I especially hate when they boo their own players. However for Chipper, I like the Larry chant. It's not as obnoxious as booing but still shows the respect to a player who has killed your team for what seams like forever.

I for one will miss Chipper, wish him well on his retirment. I hope the Braves can do something in the playoffs for him.

19. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, I view it the same way. He's a hall of famer, but that doesn't mean we can't heckle him.

20. SmoothieX

^Exactly, if he was a journeyman utility infielder with a lifetime average of .237 and managed to eek out a career for himself, we wouldn't care enough to boo.