Guest stars who appeared together in a TOS episode . . .

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by ToddPence, Sep 14, 2009.

1. ToddPence

ToddPence Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Actors who appeared together in a TOS episode who also appeared together in another TV episode or movie. Here's some I can think of off the top of my head:

Paul Carr and Paul Fix, from "Where No Man Has Gone Before" also appear together in The Six Million Dollar Man episode "Population Zero".

Harry Townes and Jon Lormer, from "Return of the Archons" also appear together in The Fugitive episode "Tug of War".

Don Marshall and John Crawford from "The Galileo Seven" also appear together in The Incredible Hulk episode "The Hulk Breaks Las Vegas".

Steve Ihnat and Yvonne Craig from "Whom Gods Destroy" also appear together in the movie "In Like Flint".

I'm sure there must be at least a few more.

2. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Depending on how you define "together," Eddie Paskey appeared in Mission: Impossible alongside the following actors he shared a Trek episode with:

In M:I: "Pilot" with Blaisdell Makee ("Space Seed" and "The Changeling")
    In M:I: "The Ransom" with Don Marshall ("The Galileo Seven"), William Smithers ("Bread and Circuses"), Vic Tayback ("A Piece of the Action"), and Jack Donner ("The Enterprise Incident")
    In M:I: "The Carriers" with George Takei (many episodes) and Barry Russo ("The Devil in the Dark" and "The Ultimate Computer") (at least according to IMDb; I don't recall seeing Paskey in the episode)

Takei and Russo also count, since they were both in "The Ultimate Computer."

There may well be others; M:I had the same casting director as ST and so they shared a lot of actors.

Are we only counting Trek guest stars? Shatner and Nimoy first appeared together in The Man From Uncle: "The Project Strigas Affair." Shatner and Walter Koenig were both in Columbo: "Fade In to Murder."

3. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    Carr also guested in several episodes of The Rifleman... where Fix was a regular.

4. ToddPence

I didn't consider Trek regular performers for this list, since it is not at all uncommon to have a Trek regular appear in a project in which a one-or-two time Trek guest star also occurred. I meant that two guest stars who were not regulars in either series guested together in a Trek episode and then just happened to guest together in an episode of another series (or a movie).

But to add to the list of Trek regulars appearing together in other projects, Shatner and Takei were in a Bob Hope Chrysler Theatre together.

5. AtoZ

AtoZ Commander Red Shirt

I did not know that Eddie appeared in Mission Impossible. That just goes to show that the quiet ones get all the action!

6. Christopher

Oh yeah. His best role was in "The Ransom." He was actually on the IMF team that week! In the first season or two, they often brought in guest operatives to work alongside some or all of the regulars, and he got to be one of them. What's more, his role on the mission was to be... a stand-in! He took the place of the person the team had to abduct, so that nobody would discover the switch. His role on the mission was just to lie there silently with his face hidden and pretend to be another guy. So I kind of like to imagine that Paskey was playing himself -- that the IMF recruited accomplished stand-in Eddie Paskey to do the job he did best! :lol:

And I wouldn't be surprised if Paskey had more uncredited M:I appearances as a stuntman.

7. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

Nimoy was on TJ Hooker once.

8. KeepOnTrekking

KeepOnTrekking Commodore Commodore

^ Not to mention that Shatner & NImoy first appeared together in a Man from U.N.C.L.E. episode called "The Project Strigas Affair."

9. Christopher

^Which I did mention in post #2.

10. gottacook

gottacook Captain Captain

When Malachi Throne was a regular on It Takes a Thief and Gene Coon was producer (early 1968 to mid-'69), many Trek guest stars appeared in different episodes, including Steve Ihnat (with an accent), Yvonne Craig, Ricardo Montalban, Kate Woodville, Nancy Kovack, and Keye Luke. (I've seen most of the episodes in question since getting over-the-air digital TV in early summer - they're on auxiliary station RTV, which shows only old Universal Studios series.)

11. Christopher

I saw Kate Woodville in a Mission: Impossible episode recently, and all through the episode, I was sure I recognized her voice and her face, but I just couldn't place her until I saw her name in the end credits. I just didn't quite recognize her without the big Natira hair.

But she didn't co-star in that episode with any Trek guests, so that's off-topic.

12. ToddPence

Yeah, there's several instances where a Trek guest star was a regular on another series where several other Trek guest stars appeared. Of course, the one example that immediately comes to my mind is "Route 66" with Glenn Corbett. Here's the rundown:

"Fifty Miles From Home" - Susan Oliver
    "Build Your Houses With Their Backs to the Sea" - William Shatner and Louise Sorel (watch clip here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHRC6YlmqPw)
    "And Make Thunder His Tribute" - Alfred Ryder, Michael J. Pollard, Lou Antonio
    "I'm Here to Kill the King" - Arnold Moss
    "Where There's a Will, There's a Way" - Roger C. Carmel (playing a flamboyant confidence swindler which must have been the prototype of the Harry Mudd character).

13. seigezunt

seigezunt Vice Admiral Admiral

Isn't it enough for you that I read your books? Now I have to read your posts, too? :rommie:

My bad.

14. ToddPence

Here's one I just found: Warren Stevens and Julie Cobb, from "By Any Other Name", together in the Marcus Welby, MD episode "The Fruitfulness of Mrs. Steffi Rhodes".

15. ToddPence

And here is yet another one I forgot to mention: Jeanne Bal and Vince Howard from "The Man Trap" both appeared together in several episodes of Mr. Novak (a series with a LOT of Trek connections), playing regulars on that show.

16. ToddPence

Paul Carr and Paul Fix also appeared in yet a third show, the Time Tunnel episode "The End of the World". These guys must have liked to work together.

17. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

No wonder-the show was most likely produced by the same family of companies under the Arena Productions banner, of which Norway Corporation was also a part Norway Corporation

18. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

That was sort of Carmel's shtick as a guest player, actually...

19. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Yeah, his character in "The Mothers-in-Law", and even Colonel Gumm in "Batman", were variations on Carmel's on-screen persona.

20. HGN2001

HGN2001 Captain Captain