What is your favorite series and why?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by jpch, Dec 28, 2012.

?

What is your favorite all time series? and why?

1. Star Trek : The Original Series TOS

31 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. Star Trek : The Next generation TNG

20 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Star Trek : Deep Space Nine DS9

37 vote(s)
    41.6%
  4. Star Trek : Voyager VOY

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. Star Trek Enterprise Ent

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. jpch

jpch Commander Red Shirt

Delta Quadrant Borg Queen appartement 8472
    Vote for what is your fav and share the best memories you have.:)

2. sonak

sonak Vice Admiral Admiral

in a figment of a mediocre mind's imagination
    TOS

It wasn't the one I grew up with(that was TNG) but it's the purest sci-fi adventure of the series'. It didn't have TNG's soap opera episodes which were frequently sci-fi only in the most surface or casual terms, and it was much faster-paced. DS9 is pretty comparable to TOS in terms of quality, but because of its serialized nature doesn't have the re-watchability factor that TOS has. Also, DS9 went a little crazy with the Prophets/religious stuff in later seasons.

I think if you overlook a few things, TOS holds up very well today, which is a good endorsement of an almost fifty-year-old sci-fi show.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

TOS an integral part of my childhood, that formed my love of Science Fiction.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I grew up on TOS, so it will be always be STAR TREK to me.

5. RandyS

RandyS Vice Admiral Admiral

Same here. TOS, TNG, and DS9 are the three good ones, while VOYAGER and ENTERPRISE have aspects to them that I like, but my feelings would not have been hurt if they hadn't been made.

6. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9.

Sure the other four series explored strange new worlds, but DS9 really fleshed them out. Definitely DS9 had the best character development and overall plot. To say nothing of the phenomenal use of their supporting characters.

Certainly each of the other series had their strengths, and some of them individually may have outweighed DS9, but in my opinion DS9 definitely had the best overall package.

7. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

DS9, best characters, best stories.

TNG is good, but doesn't catch my attention like DS9 does.

TOS is too silly. The movies are excellent.

VOY is annoying.

ENT doesn't exist in this dojo.

8. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Close vote between TNG and DS9. I'll give the edge to TNG for having the best individual episodes.

9. StarCruiser

StarCruiser Commodore Commodore

TOS - The first and the best. Has it's silly moments, yes but, the whole feels more like an adventure.

10. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

^ I couldn't have said it better myself so I'll just quote it!

I also have some great memories of rushing to whichever friend's apartment we were closest to, claiming a section of a crowded living room floor, watching the show, and discussing/critiquing/laughing sessions when it was over.

*sigh* I miss those times.

11. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't stand DS9. It's much too melodramatic for me, and they overamped things that I consider negatives in Trek.

TNG is my favorite series because it has the most likeable characters, the most balanced style writing, and its top of the line episodes are amazing!

TOS was too "secret angenty" for me, with Kirk holding a phaser on one hand, and a beautiful alien woman on the other. That seemed to be the basic formula for him.

Voyager is TNG lite. I wish the budget they had post Season 4 was seen in TNG instead.

12. Nerys Myk

Have you watched TOS?

13. GalaxyX

GalaxyX Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yes I have. Both original and Remastered versions. It's my dad's favorite series. I like it, and it has some great episodes. But some of the concepts are very formulaic in a way that I don't enjoy.

I still get a kick out of watching the episodes, but I don't actively seek them.

14. Nerys Myk

Which "concepts" are "formulaic"?

15. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No need to interrogate the man on his personal likes and dislikes. You'll find the arguments rather circular given they're based on respective opinions.

16. Tosk

Tosk Admiral Admiral

DS9 is far and away my favorite, BUT only because it has TOS and TNG's shoulders to stand on. Without the decades of universe building that had already taken place, DS9 would not be as strong as it is. I see DS9 on the gold podium with arms outstretched, one hand resting on TNG at silver, and the other on TOS at bronze. :)

17. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

I found something to like in all the series, although DS9 took a lot of effort.

TNG is my favorite. When we were dating, my wife and I had a standing reservation for TNG every Saturday night at 7:00. The BOBW cliffhanger had us guessing all summer.

18. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

DS9 for me. The most interesting characters, who weren't picture-perfect. Great writing, good actors, especially amongst the secondary characters. I felt connected to this show and its characters. I wept during the last episode. I didn't do for any other Trek show. Hell, the only other SF-show that made me weep during the last episode was B5, and I will never be able to choose which I prefer, DS9 or B5.

19. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

TOS. My first Star Trek, and as much as I love the others, unquestionably the finest.

20. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

Deep Space Nine. It had a shaky beginning twenty years ago, but writers like Ira Behr and Ronald D. Moore guided it to be the best written of all the series and illustrated that it was easy to be a saint in Roddenberry's paradise, but not easy when you don't live in paradise.