Your Star Trek Online Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timofnine, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    Here's this sig I made that I'll be using for my main ship on the STO forums once they allow pictures (They did for Champions Online, so they should for STO eventually ;))

2. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

I made Lt. Commander! Got my new ship, the USS Axiom-A:
    [​IMG]

Me and my crew beam down to bust some Orion heads open.
    [​IMG]

Dual Compressed Phaser Pistols, baby! :D
    [​IMG]

By the way, is there a way to make the name of your ship change on the actual image? For some reason, mine still has the default name on the top of the saucer hull.

3. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

My adventures in the final frontier:

Captain Jack D. Hawkins and Science Officer Suron
    [​IMG]

My ship, the timelost U.S.S. Far Star
    [​IMG]

The Far Star at Earth
    [​IMG]

Over the rings of a planet very much like Saturn
    [​IMG]

Strange New Worlds
    [​IMG]

Leaving Vulcan
    [​IMG]

In battle
    [​IMG]

Approaching Deep Space 9
    [​IMG]

Leaving Deep Space 9
    [​IMG]

Asteroid Base
    [​IMG]

The broken world
    [​IMG]

Battered and bruised
    [​IMG]

In orbit
    [​IMG]

Mining station
    [​IMG]

The beauty of space
    [​IMG]

My crew
    [​IMG]

Beauty shot
    [​IMG]

In orbit again
    [​IMG]

In orbit from the front
    [​IMG]

Me on left very jealous of guy on right
    [​IMG]

Really wish they'd have had the Constitution Class ship and original Trek uniforms as one bonus....instead of having them on separate editions as bonus'. The Gamestop edition with the Constitution Class was regular price while I believe the edition with classic outfits was more expensive.

Based on some footage of the costume design freedom, I figured it'd be easier to create a costume fairly close to the original Trek outfits than to create a ship as close to the original.

Hopefully they'll make it available at some point.

4. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

My new ship:

[​IMG]

Config:
    [​IMG]

On the bridge:
    [​IMG]

In Space:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  5. Ayelbourne

Ayelbourne Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Some impressions from my latest aquisition - U.S.S. Waterloo, Intrepid Class

During Warp:
    [​IMG]

Upper front section:
    [​IMG]

Backlid:
    [​IMG]

Docked at DS9:
    [​IMG]

I love this ship. During the last seasons of DS9, I RP-ed as captain of that ship.
    Thanks to STO, I got the chance to "reactivate" the old girl. Now I finally get to see her in action. :)

6. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Loving the shots guys! It's a beautiful game isn't it! :)

7. Amaris

It is a beautiful game, yes.

I gave the USS Axiom-A a refit, to bring it up to more "modern" designs, but did keep the Constitution hull design. I like the end result.

[​IMG]

8. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow guys, this is really whetting the appetite and THANKS for the screenshots! That mushroom planet is wild. Are you pleased with the scope and variety of planet surfaces? Can you beam down anywhere on a planet? Can you go where ever you want and explore anything?

Going to have to check this out when I get my new desktop built. I'm pretty sure this would melt my laptop into goo.

9. Amaris

The beam down coordinates are pre-determined. However, you can visit almost any planet you wish and travel to any sector you wish, the game playing area is quite large. I can only imagine how much more and how much larger things will become. As for scope and variety, I've been everywhere from desert climates to swamps, technological wonderworlds and barren wastelands. Asteroid fields to the Wormhole at Deep Space Nine and beyond. It's worth it. It really is, and it feels so much like the Star Trek world.

Oh, and just to keep the screenshots a comin':

The Axiom approaches the damaged Starbase 24:
    [​IMG]

The Axiom approaching Starbase 24 (other angle):
    [​IMG]

Lt. Commander Jorak Akarian in Spacedock Lounge.
    [​IMG]

10. Amaris

A couple more shots of battle sequences:

The Axiom attacks a Negh'Var warship:
    [​IMG]

The Axiom beats down another:
    [​IMG]

11. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

12. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]
    My old bridge.

[​IMG]
    My new bridge.

[​IMG]
    Unleashing hell on my enemy.

[​IMG]
    My precious ship after an unfortunate encounter with Mirror Universe Vessels 13 levels above me.

13. aelius

aelius Commander Red Shirt

The Captain and Crew of the USS Aurelia
    [​IMG]

And the Fine ship Aurelia herself
    [​IMG]

and
    [​IMG]

as you can see my crew likes tribbles:lol:

14. ALF

ALF Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thingol, that Galaxy-esque bridge is huge.

Does a player have unlimited access to walking about the bridge, changing stations?

I'd read the developers didn't put in hallways and complete deck-by-deck access to one's ship... but that they were considering it for a future release. That would be so much fun, and considerably satisfying... who on this board hasn't daydreamed about unlimited access to a starfleet ship?

Still, this game's looking like it's getting there. Anybody have anything random and weird happen yet?

aelius, was that Tribble down on the planet, or did your crew member bring it along? Tribbles are going to crash this game!

15. aelius

aelius Commander Red Shirt

He brought it along. My crew has been tribbled. They are always pulling them out. I'll be running along, approaching that next group of Klingons, and suddenly I'll hear a tribble purring because one of my people decided to pet his tribble.
    It's always good for a laugh.

16. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

A few more pics from my recent adventures.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I finally made Lt. Commander and am trying to figure out which cruiser I want to go with. On the one hand, I look at my crew as temporally displaced into the 25th century and figured they'd need to be upgraded after some time.

But why go with a 23rd century upgrade? I want to play the movie Enterprise, but I really dig the Excalibur as well. I may give the game a rest for a few days and think it over.

How's everyone else doing? Looks like everyone is ahead of me! Of course it didn't help that I started out playing this like a standard RPG, where I thought I was getting the same amount of experience going into battle with enemy ship signals.......the real action is in the missions, where you level up fairly quick. So I basically pissed away about a day and half of my three day weekend doing battles that didn't really benefit me.

Ah well, we learn by doing eh?

17. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

The Lensman, that is a beautiful shot of the planets surface. Which planet is it? I might have to visit it someday.

18. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

So, there I was, minding my own business, scanning for Gorgon in the Delta Volanis cluster... when this happened.

[​IMG]
    Yes, that is me and my away team beneath the terrain! They disappeared first (I figured it might have been a Gorgon trick, actually, and thought it was quite clever), and then, after a server disconnect, I found myself here with them.

I tried to head for the shore I knew to exist that was related to this body of water, but I ended up here:

[​IMG]
    I was trapped inside the hill. Beamed back to the ship, got to resume and complete the mission (although my away team fell through the terrain again). Very strange. Reported to Cryptic as a bug.

I am at Lt 10, and need only 300 or so skill points to make Lt.Cmdr. I am ahead of the curve in relation to my missions, though - I still have a few to do that are ranked Lt 7, although I've heard some of those are bugged - and so will be able to use my new ship on them when I get it (I'm thinking of going for the science ship, because I like the balance of it, even though I'm a tactical officer).

19. daedalus5

daedalus5 Rear Admiral Moderator

These shots are making me jealous. Looks fabulous. Can't wait to get some free time and play it!

20. Amaris

Approaching Deep Space Station K7 & Sherman's Planet.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.