The Sliders Kickstarter campaign

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by TemporalFlux, Apr 2, 2013.

1. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's also so easy to start over again. All you have to do is say that this is a new group of people from Earth Prime, and say that the Kromags didn't invade, or they got the Earth wrong. There is endless ways to bring a new story and not have a full reboot.

Plus it's Earth based, can be filmed cheaply in Canada, not a lot of special effects needs like space operas.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I wish the season one subplot had been carried through of the government enlisting Quinn's classmate to figure out the machine.

3. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exactly. I believe the show's creator Tracy Torme said that was always the intention, but then he left the show at the end of that season so it was never brought up again.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm watching a Kathy Giffen special and she just said Cromag rather than Cro-Magnon, and although there's a good chance she was abbrieviating... There's also a chance that this little ginger could be a closet Sliders fan from way back!

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Are there any clues in future episodes which might support that theory?

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Theory?

If you could read Body language THEN as well as you can NOW... It was pretty fricking blatant.

Behind the camera from the later seasons of Sliders was a mess of incompetence and apathy.

It was never picked up again.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  7. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, look at the first Cromag episode, one of the Sliders had a chip to track them and season 3 was supposed to increase the Cromag threat slowly. Instead of that we got movie knockoffs and a mess of a stupid storyline. Then it changed networks and Sci-fi wanted more Cromags but there was no followthrough on the show because of the off screen.

Just think if we got a real season 3 with the whole cast for 26 episodes, then it moved to sci-fi with everyone still alive. Would have been great.