What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

Just caught the first legendary in X, Xerneas. Other than Dragonite, I have my original team from Red. Charizzard, Gyrados, Nidoking, Raichu, and Pidgeot, and I know Mewtwo is in the game. Liking the callbacks to gen 1, the first forrest is a copy of Viridian Forrest, and the spinny tiles of puke-y doom and warp tiles are back. You can change your characters appearance, something I've wanted to see since gold and silver. game gas a good aesthetic outside of the main city, which has horrible camera angles and almost no real point of reference. Story's alright but Team Flare's motivation is...weak, Kind of a touching story with it though.

2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Zombiu, best not to play this in the dark, with headphones on, i have jumped more than once with this game. lol

3. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Played through LA Noire. Not as bad as the disappointed gamers say, not as good as it ought to have been. It needed more free-roaming and choices of how to run your investigations, yet the plot was decent enough to hook me (albeit constantly commenting on which real case of book or movie it was lifting from).

In the end it's, for me, kind of like the original Assassin's Creed, in that it's really a tech demo masquerading as decent game which ought to spawn a really fucking amazing sequel if they thought it about it that way.

4. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm playing through the Professor Layton series. I just started Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box a few days ago.

5. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just finished Half-Life Episode 2 in the world's slowest playthrough ever. I think I started playing (the main game) when it first came out LOL. Abandoned the first playthrough for some reason I can't remember, abandoned the second on the original X-Box, then continued again some time earlier this year. Just in time for Episode 3...

6. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

^ Second slowest. I abandoned it too, and will probably restart it sometime next year.

7. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

sto, Startrek-sim by email.= starbase118.-net // Star Wars TOR. dungeons and dragons working into the Neverwinter off shoot of the d&d at the arc and implementations of.. war of the immortals or battle of the immortals as well.

8. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Trying to level 7 characters on SWTOR still, which I returned to last month after a 4 month break from the game.

Tried the new expansion for XCOM last night. Haven't played it since I finished it after the Slingshot DLC came out. Went well and until what I guess was the introduction to EXALT mission where I did a pretty great sweep and cleanout only to have alien reinforcements drop in and completely outflank me in two locations and quickly wiping out half my squad. I might have rage quit a little bit after that.

9. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Been bouncing back and forth between CoD: Ghosts and XCOM: Enemy Within. X Rebirth is going to get into the mix tomorrow when it comes out.

10. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Ratchet & Clank: Into the Nexus a couple of days ago. I'm really enjoying it so far. ;)

11. ProwlAlpha

ProwlAlpha Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Star Trek Online the majority of the time
    Star Wars The Old Republic one or twice a week
    Simcity after STO
    Neverwinter log in to get the celestial coins then log out
    Madden 25 play a couple games a week
    Halo 4 hour or two a week

12. BlueMetroid

BlueMetroid Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I just finished Pikmin 3 with all the fruit. It took me quite a while since I was stuck for sometime (I couldn't find the flying Pikmin).

Now to finish up New Super Luigi U with my wife before Super Mario 3D World hits!

13. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I will be getting Pikmin soon, looks amazing, playing through Windwalker HD at the moment, which is like playing through a piece of art, so good on the eyes.

14. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Started on Mafia II - not bad so far. Empire City is beautiful, especially the 1945 winter setting, and the set-pieces are good, but the lack of optional side-missions is disappointing.

15. think

think Like Spock Premium Member

remember 8-bit jumpman?, is anyone here doing the retro game experience stuff? and what do you use for it? I guess linux has the 8bit and 16bit machine code virtualitys last I checked.. but ,,, that was a while back mmm ten years ago.. self-?- there are a lot of reasons why I post here not just the one were I am waiting for game downloads and up dating sets.. :)

16. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

Diablo 3, Borderlands 2, Call of Duty Black Ops pretty much.

17. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Tearaway on my PS Vita earlier today and I'm absolutely loving it.

18. Krisno

Krisno Commodore Commodore

Just finished the main storyline of Assassins Creed 3. I found the game so dissapointing and frustrating, that I'm playing Assassins Creed: Revelations right now just to feel better again about the Assassins Creed franchise.

19. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The main storyline with Desmond was pretty good. The side story with Connor, not so much.

20. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

For what it's worth, the new Assassin's Creed game, Black Flag, is much improved over AC3.