New live action "Turtles"?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by The Borgified Corpse, Apr 25, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

NOT MICHAEL BAY!!! :(

:shrug:

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

3. JaxsBrokenHeart

JaxsBrokenHeart Commander Red Shirt

I will say a dark and gritty version would actually be redundant anyway as the first movie already managed the perfect amount of darkness for a Turtles film, and incorporated the better elements of both the comics and the cartoon for a fairly pragmatic adaptation.

I personally would dig an out there TMNT with stuff like Dimension X and all the various strange villains showing up in some fashion. Seeing live action versions of them would be fun to see in theaters.

You know what? Screw it, I want a movie with a Baxter Stockman (flyman version), Leatherhead, Slash, and Metalhead villain team as led by Krang.

4. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I think I just threw up a bit in my mouth when I read this.
    I believe the adage goes, "If it ain't broke..."

We all get creative leeway. But if all your going to do is make a movie about alien heroes and slap a TMNT and its tropes layering over it like a bad sugar coating I see FAIL coming to a cinema near you soon.

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

It's... it's like a Uwe Boll version of the turtles..

:wtf:

Why even do the movie if that's the route you're going to take?

Ugh. But it looks like that comment came from Michael Bay who, it seems, doesn't have much creative control over the movie (it doesn't list him as the director or a writer) I suspect he's trolling us.

6. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Well, if the Karate Kid Remake, where he learned Kung Fu, can turn a profit... Why not?

It won't get my money...

7. Trekker4747

To be fair, in "The Karate Kid" the name was there simply for the recognition and in the movie it does point out that it's not the martial art form the kid in the movie is learning.

8. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm curious only to the extent that I'm wondering, what's "mutant" about the turtles if they are just extraterrestrial?

I agree that this has fail all but stamped on its forehead. Whether this is the way it's going to go down or not, of course I don't know yet, but I can see it going down this way:

"Remember back when the TMNTs were just 'mutated' turtles? Everyone knows mutation doesn't really work that way. Don't get me wrong, because I grew up on that, but kids today have much higher standards. We've finally fixed it. Now the turtles are even more awesome, because it's so much more believable. And now the old fans can finally be happy, because this is what it always should have been."
    Ugh.

9. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does sound like they're overthinking it.

10. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

The movie may as well be about Teenage Gorn from space since they wouldn't be Turtles or Mutants. Just alien lifeforms that look turtle-esque for the sake coincidence.

11. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

This is the internet, why would I want to be fair about a movie I didn't see?

12. Kelso

Kelso Vice Admiral Admiral

On the destruct button until the last minute!
    I do not approve of alien turtles.

13. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Another John Carter-esque level of FAIL it will be! :lol:

14. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So its a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles film that doesn't feature teenage mutant ninja turtles. No need to bother watching that then.

15. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Wasn't there a plot in the cartoon a few years back where Shredder was an alien? I remember there being aliens in it.

Maybe they'll crash on Earth as babies and then be mutated. Teenage Mutant Ninja Alien Turtles :lol:

Wonder if Splinter will still be from Earth.

Unless it's a bit of misdirection, and the Turtles somehow get transported to another planet/dimension and the movie takes place there, in that case technically they'd be aliens ;)

16. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Turtles... From SPACE!

I hope Bay gives us a good song & dance routine... :D

17. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Damn you Michael Bay. First the Transformers and now the Ninja Turtles. What's next? My little Pony without Ponies and played by the cast of Sex in the City?

18. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

<.... please insert obvious Sarah Jessica Parker joke here....>

19. Trekker4747

Michael Bay is not directing the next TMNT movie, he's only producing it. And, again, I suspect he was tongue-in-cheeking there a bit probably knowing how people would react.

20. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Yes he is producing it and he's the one talking about it and since when has the guy ever acted like he was saying something with his tongue in cheek?