Episode 8, "Miri"

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Nine of Four, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Nine of Four

Nine of Four Commander Red Shirt

It is indeed upsetting that these lots have been turned into office buildings. :thumbdown:

-:borg:

2. ZapBrannigan

ZapBrannigan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The thing about The Andy Griffith Show was that they framed their outdoor shots strictly to show only the first floor of every building. It made Mayberry seem like a smaller town, a place with no tall buildings. Then on Star Trek you get these high angles revealing the whole structures, and it looks like a different place. Only the most observant Andy fans sat up and said "That's Mayberry."

3. SiddFinch1

SiddFinch1 Captain Captain

Blame the preservers......lol

4. Push The Button

Push The Button Commodore Commodore

Those aerial pictures were great, and it was amazing to see just how little of the Stalag 13 and Camp Henderson sets actually existed in real life, as these places always seemed to be much larger onscreen.

5. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

I like James Blish's adaptation which had the planet as actually a colony of human isolationists that dabbled in genetics gone horribly wrong. No mention of the planet being a duplicate Earth.

6. Control Voice

Control Voice Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

This episode inspired my very first fan story.

One line.

"Flint, let me introduce you to a friend of mine, Miri."

7. mb22

mb22 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, I just recalled a thread with the same theme and pulled up that one for people to read. There was also another one last year at http://www.trekbbs.com/showthread.php?t=158704&page=4

8. Ssosmcin

Ssosmcin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Since we're not supposed to revive years old threads anyway, your approach makes the most sense.