The Revolution pilot is online now...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Sep 4, 2012.

1. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

funny how google guy looked at an amulet that he doesn't know hold a thumb drive and somehow predicted they could get the power running with it :lol:

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've already lost interest. It just looks cheaply made with annoying characters and doesn't really make me HAVE to see the next episode. I'm a fan of Kripke, and maybe it will be a great show by the 3rd season, but I just don't have the patience to sit through all the mediocrity until then.

3. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I believe he said Matheson told him the pendant had to do with restoring power. They kind of retconned Matheson's plea to him to take the pendant to include more information in the second episode, because he told Google Boy where to find Grace as well.

4. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

5. Locutus of Bored

Man, the 15-year un-recharged battery life on iPhones that have been stored in open air is impressive. I wonder if whatever de-powers everything including batteries and sparkplugs (I'm still sticking with nanites) can also serve as a power source itself in large enough numbers? It's the only way I see these small battery-operated portable electronics being able to work. Big stuff like Grace's computer I figure you can run off a generator using some kind of renewable fuel source.

I liked the insights in Miles' history as one of the founders of the Monroe Republic and the commander/trainer of its militia. I figured given his relationship with Monroe that something like that had to be in play, but I didn't figure he was that intimately involved for that long (I thought maybe he started out with them but left early because Monroe went nuts). The redemption of his character really hinges on how long he was involved with the militia. Obviously he started it to reclaim some sense of order from the lawless aftermath of the blackout, which is understandable and even commendable, but was enslavement, torture, mass murder, and the needless sacrifice of their own men part of the training regimen or just something the more corrupt individual commanders started doing on their own or with Monroe's blessing? If he was part of that for a long period of time (as the "war criminal" label suggests), it's hard to sympathize with him, even if he has changed his ways somewhat.

Overall, another good episode.

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really enjoyed the third episode. I think we got a lot of good development for everybody in this. I loved the scene where pendant turned the stuff back on in Grace's how. I know we knew Miles knew Monroe before the blackout, but I didn't expect him to have played such a vital role in the birth of the Republic. I hope we continue to follow it's evolution through the flashbacks.

7. Locutus of Bored

Yeah, I think they've used the flashbacks very effectively. It's become something of a cliche since Lost used them so extensively, but Revolution has used relatively brief flashbacks sparingly and for important exposition, so they haven't overstayed their welcome so far and I actually look forward to seeing what insights they'll reveal, whereas they became tedious on some other series.

8. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I agree completely. I think this and Once Upon A Time are probably the best flashback shows since Lost.

9. wissaboo

Unfortunately I'm enjoying the flashbacks a whole lot more than the present. All the dialogue during that siege was just painful. Really? 60 militia out there and the only thing standing between you and them is a single sniper and you are going to stand around and argue about someone's past?

10. The Green Mushroom

The Green Mushroom Commander Red Shirt

The flashbacks remind me of many novels that reveal the important backstory through flashbacks in the first couple of chapters while everything is being put into place for the main story. I like them, they feel natural.

I also like the simple explanation for the gun weirdness: Monroe and his goons can't make new bullets. They don't say that it is impossible, just that Monroe can't do it. Doesn't really explain the swords though, but I'll live.

11. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

At the moment, I'm more interested in the flashbacks, particularly since it seems likely that we'll get to see different stages of the Monroe Republic's formation.

On that note, the Revolution Show fansite has posted the full image for a map of the country seen briefly in one of the first two episodes.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Wow, I completely forgot this show was even ON last night. :lol:

Now I have to decide if it is worth catching up on. It begins... :vulcan:

13. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I loved last night's show, all the depth we are seeing of Miles and his background and connections to the Republic. I can't wait for next week's show.

14. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Interesting, It looks like the native american nations may have come back into power.

15. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hooray! Canada has survived largely intact, but all the surfer potheads seem to have banded together on the Pacific coast. Come on Vancouver, I was expecting more...

Mark

16. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

The Wasteland. Fallout New Vegas reference? Too bad the California Commonwealth isn't the New California Republic.

Though I guess with the blackout the Hoover Dam would stop working and all of the towns ans cities in the Mojave Desert would be uninhabitable.

17. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

The Wasteland is probably just the parts of the country that're more or less now uninhabitable and the other Republics didn't want anything there. So it's a neutral zone place that anyone can go to...if they can survive it.

Monroe Republic took the Maritimes? Damn, I live there!

18. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Thanks for this. I'm enjoying this show so far. It's amazing that Abrams finds the time to do projects like this and direct the new Trek film at the same time.

19. wissaboo

lol@ texas

20. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Hey, they did the same thing with Jericho and the Independent Texan Republic.