Mass Effect 3 $$(ENDINGS SPOILERS)$$

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Reverend, Mar 13, 2012.

1. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That message may just be buggy - I got the one from Ashley, and I played a female who let her die!

(I did start ME3 with a male Shepard who let her live, but that character never got off Earth...)

On a different note, does anybody know where I can find the beta leak? I deliberately avoided it at the time, but now that I'm trying to find what was leaked I can't find anything...

2. backstept

backstept Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

the best part of Mass Effect 3 is the many character moments
    it really is a fantastic game

3. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Sounds like another sidequest I somehow missed! Just looking up a few things on the wiki and discovered that I missed the entire quest involving Conrad Verner! I did wonder at the totaly randomness with which he suddenly appeared to dive in front of that bullet...if only I hadn't have helped Jenna way back when... ;)

4. -Brett-

-Brett- Vice Admiral Admiral

I'd like to believe it, but the whole thing reeks of wishful thinking to me.

5. Cmdr_Blop

Cmdr_Blop Lieutenant Commander

This is exactly the reasoning to behind why the fans got this kind of ending... because they were smart enough to know they'd make money off of it.

6. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Just finished the game and while in some ways the ending is sort of fitting for who my Shepherd was I share the doubts some have expressed about the "reality" of the parts after you get the painful end of a Reaper blast.

Didn't notice the trees, but Anderson's involvement and the fact he is completely uninjured, and the Catalyst been the dead kid makes me very suspicious. Though the final scene with Anderson is a great scene. Not sure why they cut out some of it. That extra stuff really added to it.

Synthesis seems like the best option as it apparently breaks the cycle for good, but that final dream where you reach the kid and both burn makes me think that it's a hint not to trust/join the catalyst. So I've destroyed all non-organics and am hoping that the Catalyst is a lying piece of...software? and that something good comes from the post credit scene.

On MP, I've played it a bit, got my readiness up to 76% before I finished it. Might try for 100% so my character can be a war asset as well.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  7. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I peaked a little when it was first mentioned it seemed largely like the finished game except

1. While this may not be the case it seemed like you meet the Prothean on Mars not Eden Prime and the Protheans came off more as douche bags, Oh and that's also where some of the outrage over the DLC not included with the game comes from because it looks like it was already in the code
    2. the endings came in destroy the reapers which didn't say anything about blowing the relays or the geth and EDI so i took it to be the paragon ending since there was no synthetic genocide mentioned, control the reapers which I took as human domination, and merge with the reapers I have no idea where that one was going

8. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

What really got me suspicious about the scene with Anderson is that despite supposedly following Shepard in (though he was nowhere in sight a second before) he managed to get to that room way ahead of her. Granted, Anderson's guts weren't threatening to spill out at any moment so he would have been moving faster, but then, there was only one way into that room and Shepard used it...so where did Anderson come from? Or the Illusive man for that matter.

9. clint g

clint g Admiral Admiral

Part of me feels that way, but part of me also realizes that EA knows ME is a cash cow. They've already stated not to get rid of your save data from to game. On top of that, every other Mass Effect game has had multiple DLC additions. I don't see why ME3 will be any different. Whether or not that DLC is an additional ending is another story but with as unpopular as the current ending is I'm sure EA will see it as a money making opportunity.

10. superdeluxe

superdeluxe Captain Captain

I'm sure you guys have seen the multiple 'endings' on one youtube video correct? Bioware is such a joke

If not:

http://youtu.be/rPelM2hwhJA

11. superdeluxe

More Possible clues to the Indoctrination theory?

[​IMG]

12. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not to mention the good fortune that you just happen to be both transported to rooms that just happen to connect directly to a main control centre. You'd think if they were transporting live prisoners up they would have guards for crowd control...or at the very least they would lock the doors so they didn't have folks wandering around bringing million year old cycles to an end.

13. superdeluxe

BSN forums locked because outrage is exploding all over the place

[​IMG]

14. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

So what? I rarely ever visit the BSN forums, but it sounds like a significant number of people have been unable to voice their opinions in a reasonable manner. Locking the forums is therefore an entirely justified and appropriate reaction.

15. superdeluxe

They locked the forums because of new information that just came out.

Not to give voice to those that have not yet given their opinion.

16. superdeluxe

Apparently there was notes on the finale in the app that had these notes: Vague Terms, Lots of Speculation from Everyone, Theories about everything.

17. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I don't mind BioWare shutting things down long enough for everyone to get the message. While some fans over there have been trying to voice their concerns in a civil and mature manner, there have been a lot of others who don't know how to behave reasonably.

18. superdeluxe

They are shutting it down in light of new evidence that Bioware trolled everyone. They even address that new information in the post.

19. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm aware of what's going on over there. They shut down posting because people are reacting to the news in a childish manner. I hate the "endings" as much as anyone else, and I found the new information to be pretty insulting to the fans, but behaving like a bunch of immature babies isn't doing us any favors.

20. superdeluxe