Fri, 8pm Join the Resistance - Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by SummerDream, May 13, 2009.

1. SummerDream

SummerDream Lieutenant Red Shirt

But it will be back!
    Only Fox cancelled it. Fox is only one part of it since Fox did not own the rights.
    The franchise did not disappear. The actors did not disappear. The writers did not disappear.
    In the podcast, Brian told, that almost 70 countries had tscc as number one.
    That is more than enough. About 16 minutes in skynext_bag.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  2. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

It's over. The creator of the show and the writers are already moving on to other projects as are the cast. Friedman - who controls the show as its Executive Producer - has said they were only going to go to Fox and since Fox said no the show is over. I'm glad you liked the show so much, I really am, but now its just getting a bit sad. Terminator is terminated. The show is over and its not coming back.

3. SummerDream

You are being quite silly now. The decision if the show continued or not was not his. He had no say in the matter.
    The rights holders and Fox were the negotiating parties. Josh Friedman was there to make it happen. Now the rights holders still are there, Fox isn't. This simply means the show is now looking for a new home.

4. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

You calling me silly? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black?

Friedman is in a better position to know what was going on than you are or anyone involved with your little quest to getting the show renewed. He has said more than once that Fox was their only choice because they were the only ones that could afford to make the show. Terminator is a very expensive show to make and produce, other channels can't afford it. The sooner that you come to realize this the better off you're going to be.

Move on.

5. SummerDream

You continue to be silly. If Friedman's name is so important to you, he called the show average in terms of cost. So everyone can afford it.
    When and where did he say only Fox could afford it? Of course, as long as Fox was his employer he would not say anything to discredit them - or even now, it being his ex-employer. But by leaving the show in a cliffhanger, he made it obvious to every single viewer he would like it to continue.

But as for the continuation of the series, the decision is not Friedman's and the rights are not owned by him.

6. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I'm not going to continue arguing with you over this because, and you need to face it, NO ONE CARES. As a person who has worked in international marketing I have to tell you this too: the chances of overseas numbers meaning much of anything are slim unless the ratings in China and the United Kingdom are astronomical meaning that it is the number one show (oh I'll be nice lets say top ten) for the year. It's not going to happen.

BTW, one last thing, Friedman is not employed by FOX in any way shape or form. He works for Warner Brothers, which meant that the information he was getting came from them.

Good luck to you because you're going to need it.

7. SummerDream

Emo defeatism never got anyone anywhere. Unless you work for Fox, raising hands up before the fight has even begun is a sign ..well I do not want to say it directly.

If you never really liked the show, why not say so directly?

It is possible that tscc moves to a subscription-based channel, which is unfortunate but maybe necessary.

For the investors, the series is made in order to make money. So when it is shown, in some countries, in subscription channels which paid the most for the rights to show it, that is only good for the investors. Alas that also means that lots of people who would have loved the show will not see it. Same as with sports, it is shown by those who pay the most to show it. They are only looking after the profits, not the fans interest.

The Resistance needs Fighters! Join the Resistance! Viva La Resistance!

8. SummerDream