Want a wonderful new dog?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by sbk1234, Mar 14, 2013.

1. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I volunteer at a pet rescue in the San Fernando Valley. If you're serious about wanting to adopt a wonderful dog, feel free to PM me, and I'll give you contact information. Here's just a few of the loving boys and girls we have.

Baron:
    Has been abused, but is gentle and loving. Very calm.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Kermit:
    Full of energy.
    [​IMG]

Bailey:
    A sweet boy. Lots of energy.
    [​IMG]

Ivory:
    Gentle and low key.
    [​IMG]

there are lots of other dogs and cats. New ones come in all the time. If you're interested in a good dog or cat companion and would like to rescue, again, feel free to pm me, and I'll get you the contact information.
    Thanks.
    The dogs and cats thank you, too.

2. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

*cues up the Sarah McLaughlin*

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

"energy" being code for..?

4. sbk1234

Energy actually just means he's got a lot of energy.Needs space and time to run around. Could use a little training. Some of the dogs will work well with other animals, some won't. The adoption councelors at the rescue will be able to tell more about the individuals there.

5. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

"Very calm"... is code for very cute lap dog... unless it means he could kill you in your sleep.

Only two things stop me from adopting that dog: distance [NC guy here] and COPD [coupled with severe allergies]. Otherwise, he's adorable.:techman:

6. Pegaritaville

Pegaritaville Vice Admiral Admiral

Baron is adorable. Unfortunately (a) I live too far away and (b) I just adopted a second dog five weeks ago. She also came from a tough situation but is a sweetheart. She was calm and shy, but with the help of my other dog (aka the Wild Thing), has really come out of her shell.

I hope they all find good forever homes soon.

7. sbk1234

Glad to know you rescued a dog. Rescues are the best dogs, IMHO. They always seem to really appreciate the home you give them. It's good that your new one finally gets to live in a loving home.

8. Ashu

Ashu Vice Admiral Admiral

Every one loves being smothered to death!

Im almost in the same boat, i'd love to help you out but getting the dog from Canada might be...and adventure. Plus I don't really have the space for it right now :(

9. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

Baron is a fine looking animal. I hope they are all adopted.

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

What beautiful jobs. You're doing very generous work!

11. SmoothieX

SmoothieX Vice Admiral Admiral

12. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good posting, we are dog hunting at the moment. Unfortunately I have allergies and we need one of the poodle mixes. We had cock a poo's growing up, but I'm looking for a slightly larger pup for the boys to tag around with. (25lb range)

We got our dogs at the pound growing up, but it seems these are now all the rage and designer pups are really pricey. Been checking the local shelters and haven't seen any there yet.

13. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

All are beautiful dogs, sbk. I hope you find loving homes for all of them.

14. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

My sister had some poodle mix that was a rescue from a puppy mill. We had to drive through a blizzard to get her but she was a great dog. I think they are out there, they probably just get adopted out faster so you really have to keep checking. Maybe try Petfinder?

15. SmoothieX

I've loved having my dog with me since I just moved and know no one. I'd love to get another one once I'm settled in, and I'm sure given the fact it's bird dog central here in North Dakota, it shouldn't be hard to find a good Lab breeder where I can buy another one.

16. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks, I think that's true, the right one will be there at some point. But an impatient 9 year old is terrible thing.... :scream:

Been checking Petfinder, good site.:techman:

17. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

those are awesome dogs. hope they find homes

18. SmoothieX

I used to volunteer at a seeing eye dog facility. I got to work with Labs, Goldens, and GSDs for 2 hours every Monday evening. (Oddly, those are the 3 breeds I've ever owned/grew up with.) Technically, it was early socializing and 'work,' but it was basically playing with 4-5 puppies for a couple hours.

19. sbk1234

Just got the good news. Baron was adopted today! He's a wonderful boy, and he'll make a lucky family very, very happy. I'll miss him, but I'm so happy for him.

20. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Yay! I loved all of them just from the pictures, but Baron made my heart particularly thumpy. :D