Law & Order: Criminal Intent - "Neighborhood Watch" - Logan/Wheeler

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Nth Doctor, Aug 10, 2008.

?

How do you rate this episode?

1. Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Very Good

37.5%
  3. Good

25.0%
  4. Mediocre

37.5%
  5. Terrible

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I'm sensing a mob mentality episode...

2. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Re: Law & Order: Criminal Intent - "Neighborhood Watch" - Logan/Wheele

I see that Leslie Hope's playing yet another character named Teri. ;)

And I'm only halfway through the ep, but I bet that this friend of Ross is up to no good. That's how it usually works. :p

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008
  3. Cutter John

Cutter John Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Still a few hours away here on the west coast. Looking forward to it. It's always a pleasure when the show gets away from yet another 'murdered rich celebrity' story.

Gotta admit that despite a rocky start, since the buried magician case the stories have gotten a whole lot better. Its good to see the show back on track.

4. The Nth Doctor

So the mob mentality of the neighborhood watch was merely a red herring. And for what? Some "thrill" seeker who didn't actually the murder. The last two minutes was a complete waste.

Looks like we're skipping Goren and Eames next week and going straight to Logan's final case. Hopefully he gets a better send-off than he did 13 years ago (Exiled notwithstanding, which I've unfortunately not seen yet). ;)

5. Mr. Laser Beam

So the cop sabotaged the car? Could he be charged with any part of the murder? Even assuming he wasn't actively in cahoots with the two kids who actually killed the guy?

I was expecting the Queens ADA (or wherever she was from) to be behind the whole thing: She gets the kids to kill the guy for her, and she reaps the fame and fortune gained thereby. Especially since she railroaded the original victim into claiming it was rape *and* threatened to tack on a kidnapping charge.

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

The episode was kind of confusing on whether Ricky (?) was telling the truth about killing Kyle. Apparently he did commit the murder, but he told so many lies in his confession that it was hard to tell when he was telling the truth. For a moment, I thought Logan and Wheeler had figured out that he wasn't the guy, just an accomplice for the real guy. When he said he felt kind of meh about the murder and probably wouldn't do it again, I thought the look they exchanged was meant to say "He didn't really do it, because he doesn't have enough passion to be consistent with stabbing the guy 15 times." When we then saw Logan with the vindictive cop, I thought it was leading toward exposing the cop as the real killer. So it did kind of seem to fizzle out in the last minutes, giving us a weak and confusing reveal and then trailing off with too much denouement.

Also, the bit with the friend of the captain's throwing in the serial-killer angle seemed kind of pointless.

7. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I thought it seemed pointless too. Though, perhaps, it was just to show how far some people will go to be famous or get their names out there.

Perhaps as an accessory but it's pushing it? I haven't seen that part yet so I'm not entirely sure - plus my focus is on business law. With the sabotaged car you may be able to get attempted murder.

8. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

So was the bad TV show "CSI"? :)

9. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yeah, but what did it have to do with the story? It was just padding. I mean, sure, it's common enough for an L&O episode to have the cops following a variety of false leads for a while before homing in on the real culprit, but this went too far -- introducing someone who was an old friend of the captain, then having him betray the captain and destroy that relationship for no apparent reason, and then doing nothing to follow up on such a major interpersonal development? I mean, that was something that deserved more exploration than it got. If they weren't going to make it a major part of the episode, they shouldn't have made the guy a friend of the captain. They should've just started with him on the faux Nancy Grace show making his allegations, then had the cops follow up on that and find it was just another false lead. I suppose the serial-killer angle did serve some purpose in that it gave Ricky incentive to confess in hopes of gaining infamy. But the friend-betraying-the-captain angle shouldn't have been included if it wasn't going to go anywhere.

10. Mr. Laser Beam

Logan talking to Rodgers is always hilarious. "Hey Rodgers, can you do that thing where you cut the guy's finger off..." :lol:

11. The Nth Doctor

That was hilarious. Easily the best moment of the whole episode. Logan and Rodgers have such a great rapport.

12. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

The friend was thrown in to push the serial killer angle, so I saw the reason for it. I thought the whole story of the man accused of something of he didn't do, being sent to prison, harassed and then killed was really tragic. I thought the plot was very interesting,but some parts were a bit rushed. I would've liked to have seen more about the actual killer--we usually get to see more of the guilty party than we do in this one.

The episode just felt a bit lopsided to me, like they cut stuff out at the last minute or something.

I give it a mediocre. I like the idea behind the story, but not the way it was laid out.

13. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

^ I just realized why this episode seemed so familiar. It was done on SVU or at least a similar storyline was.

14. Mr. Laser Beam

Which SVU episode was it?

15. nx1701g

nx1701g Admiral Admiral

I remember one like this early in the series and it was a Munch episode centric episode. At the end though he went to the victim of the rape (it wasn't a rape in her story either - it was mutual) to tell him that he'd been killed.

16. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

This one was pretty good. The ending was a bit lame, though.

17. Aragorn

What was with Logan as Wheeler left with her fiance? He have a thing for her or just for settling down in general?

18. The Nth Doctor

I have a feeling it's a set up for next week's episode. Just like how we had the governor show up briefly in one episode before Law & Order's finale.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2008
  19. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

Don't watch SVU enough to remember any past eps, so I wasn't influenced by that. I liked the ep. I liked that bad boy Logan was the one championing the murder victim. I didn't mind the end. The killers were losers. They were thrill killers. They didn't have a working brain cell between them. I certainly didn't expect them to come with anything resembling reason for why they killed him. I was actually expecting them to say they did it to impress a girl. They were idiots.

I'm sad for next week because I'm seriously worried they are going to kill Logan off. He's disillusioned. He's introspective. And Wheeler looked like she'd been crying. I'm worried.

Wheeler's fiance is a hottie.

20. Aragorn

Next week you'll see Logan walk around to the other side of the camera, punch Dick Wolf out and get fired. :p