Captain America... Spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Hermiod, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

He's back...

2. Emher

Emher Admiral Admiral

My surprise-o-meter isn't ever registering.

3. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

What! I thought he was dead forever and ever! This is so shocking and unexpected! I can't imagine anyone saw this coming at all! Oh my God, Marvel is so awesome and original! They blew my mind!

</sarcasm>

4. Cky

Cky Captain Captain

Wait... didn't we already know this after the release of Ironman?

5. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

'Bout F'n time.

But they'll retcon this but not Gwen The Whore or Scotty The Adulterer. Typical fucking Quesada Marvel.

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Scotty the Adulterer is about the first interesting thing ever to happen to the character.

I think a few people forget how Jean was behaving when it started, too.

7. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Bucky makes a deal with Mephisto to bring back Cap!!!

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

Not surprised at all. The death & resurrection schtick is sooooo old at this point.
    I'll not even buy the issue(s). I will get the TPB at half off from a comic vendor but I can't muster a lot of excitement about this 'big' news.

9. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's about time. I liked the story, but it has stretched out way too long. Bucky America is just not compelling. Bucky, the Winter Soldier, is cool though and I would not mind seeing him in more in that role.

10. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Shit...I guess I have to remove my "Cap: R.I.P." tattoo.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I haven't read this storyline yet (I just bought three of the trades at a sale yesterday though!) but I thought the Bucky Cap story was immensely popular. You'd think they would keep Rogers dead or at least wait to time his ressurection with the movie in another year. Do we know how exactly he's coming back?

12. coolghoul

coolghoul Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:lol:

I was reading The Death of Captain America, Vol. 2: The Burden of Dreams and saw
    that as Sharon Carter is trying to escape from Red Skull/Doc Faustus, she seems to see a body that looked like Steve Rogers. Have they answered the question as to who made her pregnant? Is it Steve's baby? Somehow, it doesn't quite flow with the Steve as a 50s sorta guy.

13. Nick Ryder

Nick Ryder Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm just a little disappointed that they didn't bring him back right away if they were going to bring him back at all. I mean sure the "OMG they killed CAP!" wouldn't have been as shocking, but given how Tony was acting and how the whole MU was at that point, Cap's death was needed really. And to be honest... not to make yet another Batman quote, Bucky isn't the Cap we needed, but the Cap the MU deserved. It needed a Cap more willing to do the "dirty deeds" while trying to uphold truth, justice and the American Way.

While yes, I miss Steve Rogers, I am not entirely turned off by the Bucky-Cap either. I think its still pretty fuckin' cool how they merged Buck with Black Widow, boy that woman has had more husbands and lovers than Liz Taylor! But at least it gives Cap a worthy female counterpart, one that isn't upstaged when you see her fighting along side Cap.

I do hope that maybe Steve doesn't retake the mantle right away when he comes back, heck, I'd love to see him force Osborn out and take HAMMER away and replace it with a new SHIELD. I always did wonder why Cap never evolved into say "General" America or something by this point - or even Colonel America. I always assumed that Captain was his military rank.

14. Newski

Newski Captain Captain

Oh, but those were edgey and dramatic and therefore good stories!!!!

Or not really that good at all.........

Well, at least they'll bring back Classic Cap..... I'm tired of the "new" Captain America... You know, the one who uses a gun, totally defeating the entire purpose of a Superhero in the first place?

15. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

Well at least Superman, Hal Jordan, Oliver Queen and Barry Allen had the decency to stay dead! ;)

16. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Admiral Admiral

Is Brubaker handling the "Reborn" series?

17. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

The New Adventures of the First Avenger: Captain America: The New Missions

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Far as I know Brubaker is still on Cap yes, and not surprised about this announcement either. I've enjoyed Bucky as Captain America but liked him better as Winter Soldier. Steve coming back in time for his own movie isn't a shock. Probably won't pick up the issue since I too collect trades.

19. DarkHelmet

DarkHelmet Admiral Admiral

I know Brubaker is on Cap, but the "Reborn" is a separate, 5-issue series.

I'm mostly a DC guy, but Brubakers run on Captain America has been nothing short of stellar - it's one of my top 3 overall books, period, and I've definitely enjoyed the Bucky-as-Cap arcs as well.

20. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

:rolleyes: WOW! what a surprise.:rolleyes: I saw this coming even before they killed him!:lol: Another reason why I left the BIG two.