Trek guest actors in maybe surprising roles

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Maurice, Mar 12, 2013.

1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

And it occurs to me that it's ironic for Doohan of all people to appear in a non-speaking part.

2. EEE

EEE Captain Captain

If you have that one, why don't you have Chekov with Shecky Green on Combat? *grin*

3. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

'Cause I didn't see that episode. :)

4. Forbin

Mannix comes thru again. Season 4 "The Other Game in Town".
    Leslie Parrish being all exquisite again, this time as a Vegas showgirl.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

[​IMG]

Mr. Mannix, my eyes are up here.

6. Forbin

I think the director was afraid of her cleavage. Aside from that first brief wide shot, and the second brief wide shot at the bar, he filmed her entirely in closeup. Not that closeups of Leslie Parrish are a hardship! But it seems a shame to waste that costume.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  7. Forbin

One Step Beyond, season 3, "Moment of Hate" (1960)

Joanne Linville as a woman undergoing therapy, who believes she can wish anyone she hates dead. Could she be... right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  8. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Gary Lockwood and Liam Sullivan in one of Bert I. Gordon's better films (which isn't saying much), The Magic Sword (1962). I saw it in theaters when it was released, and chanced upon it at a store last year. It wasn't as good as my then 11 year old self thought.

[​IMG]

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  9. Christopher

I just saw Earp brother Rex Holman in a Man from UNCLE episode, playing a THRUSH henchman. He reminded me of Marc Alaimo.

10. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Here are a few familiar faces from the original series in random episodes of Adam-12...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Christopher

^Let's see, just from memory... Charles Dierkopf, Peter Brocco, the guy who played Crewman Green (Bruce something?), Ken Lynch, and... I dunno.

12. EnsignHarper

EnsignHarper Captain Captain

Bruce Watson

And its Dierkop

and the last one is Kenneth Washington - the unlucky Watkins from That Which Survives

13. Forbin

Just saw Col. Greene in another One Step Beyond episode. He wasn't a hot dame, so I didn't screen-grab him. :)

14. Christopher

I'm in the middle of a Man from UNCLE episode (it's a tough slog to get through, so I'm taking a break) with Michael Strong (Roger Korby) and Brioni Farrell (Tula from "Return of the Archons"). I didn't even recognize Farrell's name or face, but I looked her up on IMDb out of curiosity.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  15. EnsignHarper

And Kenneth Washington is also the guy who replaced Ivan Dixon as the token African American radio genius on Hogans Heroes for its last season or so..

16. LMFAOschwarz

LMFAOschwarz Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's weird, seeing as how I watched both shows in my youth, but never connected his face. :shrug:

Now, more Adam-12 familiarities...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not to mention, of all shows, Green Acres!
    [​IMG]

17. Forbin

Some of those 3rd season eps were... *shudder* god-awful.

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  18. Christopher

^It was a second-season episode, "The Deadly Goddess Affair."

In fact, the three episodes on the DVD I just finished include two Organians, both playing scientists working for THRUSH: Peter Brocco in "The Dippy Blonde Affair" and John Abbott in "The Birds and the Bees Affair." Unfortunately, David Hillary Hughes (Trefayne) won't be joining them, since he only has two non-Trek credits on his filmography.

19. EnsignHarper

1. Liam Sullivan

2 ??

3 ???

4. Technically, Bill Boyett was in TNG

5 - ok - got me there - he was a real scuzz in that episode

Stanley Adams was in an A12...also a Dragnet

And speaking of Hogans and A12, there is an A12 where Larry 'Sergeant Carter' Hovis plays a press agent of a starlet, who has her posing nude on a beach - HOPING the cops get called. A12 was a pretty good show, but the first couple of seasons when Webb and partner/show creator RA Cinader were in charge, are almost unbelievably stiff. Plus Universal cheaped it out, and outside of stock road shots, it was filmed almost entirely on the already overused Universal backlot - every other call is either to the Leave it to Beaver house, or the Munsters house! Once Webb and Cinader took off their paws, it got a chance to loosen up a little, and Universal opened up the purse strings to let them film on location more and more. It got REAL good when they first got Stephan J Cannell to write a show, then made him story editor. (It was SJC's first TV job!) He was the one to inject some real odd situations that cops actually face - his first show ever had them stopping a guy who had a street legal tank!

Shaka Zulu likes this.
  20. Christopher

^Number 2 is Stanley Adams. Number 3 is Warren Stevens.