OT: My Terminal!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ThunderAeroI, Sep 10, 2009.

1. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We are in the mists of a remodel for our airport terminal and as part of that process I am building a 3D model of what the terminal will look like when the project is completed.

This is being done in TurboCAD Deluxe 15

What do you think? Sorry about the Jpg artifacts, can't do much about that at this time.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. judge alba

judge alba senior street judge Commodore

looks nice.
    i never knew you cloud do that in turbo cad. i was given turbo cad 12 but havent got round to playing with it yet i assume they are smilar just yours is the newer version?

3. ThunderAeroI

I never had any version of turbo cad between 4LE and 15 so I can't speak as to older versions.

4. FrontLine

FrontLine Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut Admiral

Looks good. I have a question though, why not do this in Revit? Im thinking of the BIM (building information modeling) ramifications. Or is that not a requirement?

5. ThunderAeroI

I do everything I do in TurboCAD, I can not say I have ever heared of Revit (i'll have to look into it). For what I am doing, an actual list of materials isn't required as I'm building this off the engineering drawings as the project is underway.

It is helping to determine what the actual color samples will look like together in a 3D environment rather than on my self.

So far, its looking good. I'll update the drawings is a little while.

6. ThunderAeroI

Updates using actual color samples and additions

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. FrontLine

FrontLine Nekkid Hedonistic Ethical Slut Admiral

Ok now I understand. I thought you were helping in the design of the terminal. Short of the long is that AutoCAD Architecture is dead, long live Revit (whom AutoDesk bought a few years ago). Revit is at the center of BIM. Its so much more than just about materials lists. It takes the static plans and makes the building a living breathing entity. Its amazing and Im still trying to wrap my head around it.

8. ThunderAeroI

Rivet looks really impressive, i can see there being many problems in its implementation. As airports we have GIS systems that track many of the things the BIM model does.

I for one don't use "blocks" often and have "bad" cad prtactises so the precise nature of the bim would cause problems with inventory counts, etc.

It looks like a great tool for those trained in the field though.