Your Star Trek Online Screenshots!

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by Timofnine, Jan 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ares93

ares93 Commodore Commodore

EDIT: pics too big. gotta resize...

2. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know that feeling - the originals copies of the ones I posted above are 1680X1050 - I used Irfan view to make resized copies (perserving the aspect ratio) at 640X400 for posting them here. The originals do look a lot nicer though ;)

3. Angelsilhouette

Angelsilhouette Lieutenant Red Shirt

I put the new Blaze bridge into all of my ships. It is far less canon-breaking to have something so close to actual canon in my ships than to have that stupid 41m (135 foot) diameter star cruiser bridge in my cruisers.

See this statue? It's 135 feet tall. If you laid it down, it would fit within the confines of the C-store star cruiser bridge. Your captain's chair would be very near its belly button and your view screen would be about 15 feet wide and between the statue's feet. For me, that is canon-breaking. Before the Blaze bridge, I would have been begging to have the Defiant or Voyager style bridge for all of my ships. (Though the Voyager and TOS style are my favourite bridges ever.) I'm still not completely satisfied, but I'm going to stop complaining about the scale issues now that I've got a bridge with which I can finally feel comfortable.

=edit=

I've added pictures of the Nomad class and Blaze bridge to the http://startrekonlinestuff.com/ database. I'd post the Blaze pics, here, but I can't be bothered to size them down. :3

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  4. Angelsilhouette

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Preliminary pics of my Star Hammer refit. Afterwards, I went back and put an Avenger class saucer section on it (just visible in the last pic).

As nice as the Nomad class saucer is, it just doesn't ring my bell. Several positive points include its large size (length and volume) and the lateral torpedo launchers. The torpedoes actually launch sideways from the saucer and arc forward; very VERY nice. Unfortunately, you are still limited to a 90ยบ forward firing arc, so despite the fact that they launch sideways, you cannot fire on ships that are on your flank. However, the saucer's minuses outnumber its bonuses for me. I quite like the fiddly bits all over the Avenger and Vanguard and the large number of escape pods. The Nomad is just too smooth with too few escape pods for my taste. :p

The Nomad nacelles have a bit of a clipping problem with the Vanguard nacelle struts; but as you can see in the last picture, even with the clipping, the combination of the two looks absolutely elegant. A great counterpoint to the inelegant Avenger hull and saucer. ^.^

5. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I won't even start playing until my favourite TMP bridge is avaialable!

6. Angelsilhouette

Heheh, the star cruiser bridge in the C-store is based on the TMP bridge, exept that it's the size of a circus tent. 43 metres in diameter. You sit slightly aft of the centre, about 18m from your helm and tactical officers. I liked to imagine that my captain kept a bullhorn next to the captain's chair when I was using it.

For klingon bridges, it's easy to imagine that the captains are miked up to a PA system to shout and growl their orders across their giant bridges. (The "Carrier" bridge pack features warehouses with captains chairs in them. 70 metres by 50 metres. Though mine had some nice attack saurs roaming around the lower deck. ^.^ )

7. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

That's what Yeoman Rand is for. She doesn't just serve coffee and she needs the exercise.

8. Noname Given

Noname Given Fleet Admiral Admiral

In an earlier post upthread; I showed some screencaps of the current Bridge of the U.S.S. Purgatory (NCC-91704); but no screencaps of the ship itself. So without further ado:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(Note: These shots weren't resized, but cropped from the 1680X1050 Original screencaps.)

9. Angelsilhouette

New ship for my science officer. ^.^

(Nomad secondary hull and nacelles, Emissary saucer section and Vanguard nacelle pylons.)

[​IMG]

Clic the pic for the large version. ^.^

10. Aslan ch'Shran

Aslan ch'Shran Ensign Red Shirt

You're here too? lol I just discovered this place =)

11. Angelsilhouette

Heheh, indeed. ^.^ Been here for a week or two, found them when I was looking for measurements for the canon bridges. :3

12. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

Man, what a beautiful looking game this is! :)

13. Captain_Amasov

Captain_Amasov Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

14. Angelsilhouette

If only playing the game was as fun and cool as that made it look.

15. ares93

i'm just mad that i didn't know you could disable the shield bars when i did this.
    USS Kir'Shara, NCC-93873-B Constitution class
    [​IMG]

16. Angelsilhouette

My Tier 5 homage (U.S.S. Star Lion) to the Intrepid next to an actual Intrepid.

[​IMG]

My RSV, the U.S.S. Omniscience, after adding the new Comet class saucer section:

[​IMG]

My Liberated Borg, Trillian (of zillian xD), in her armour, as well as my Betazed. (To show the level and quality of detail in the avatars with a GTX260.)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

18. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Trin Rya: Nothing says "evil" like a Mirror Universe Bajoran in skintight leather.
    Her mission: Deep undercover infiltration of Starfleet to secure the newest and mightiest starship technology to reconquer the galaxy for the Alliance (under her rule as Empress :evil:)
    [​IMG]

19. ares93

so i consider screenshotting to be an artform so i'll just go ahead and post those i like the most.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, how did the one with the Defiant fighting the Borg came to be? What situation and effects are in play there to make it look like it does?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.