Director Jon M. Chu Rumoured to be Front Runner for Star Trek 3.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Dac, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

I'm gonna cry...

2. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Um... what? I don't understand this comment on any level. Could you explain?

3. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

According to "The Inquisitr", Chu has not been approached about directing the next Trek movie. All a rumor to this point, folks. Strap in for a lot of them, I'd say.

Link to story:
    http://www.inquisitr.com/890024/star-trek-3-jon-m-chu-wont-direct-upcoming-sequel/

Since it seems Bad Robot will have a production role in the next movie even if Abrams doesn't direct it, I wonder if Paramount would consult him about his director preferences if he can't do it.

4. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

Except for his lens flares and brewery stuff, J.J. Abrams isn't the problem of the films. I'd rather like to see all the writers replaced.

I wonder if Abrams does his "down-to-earth" approach in the Star Wars film as well. He shouldn't do it, as none of the previous films did it, they all used custom sets, except for the throne room finale in Star Wars, they never used existing places.

5. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

That's not entirely true. The interior of Amidala's palace in episodes 1 and 2 plus assorted exterior Naboo locations were all shot in real places.

6. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

Warning for spamming.

The bolded portion is also something from which you've been asked on several occasions to refrain.

7. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

He feels some kind of connection to JJ Trek, and defends from aggression via retaliation, while failing at empathic concern.
    But this I can't tell either.

8. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

Well JJ is an A list director, now that he is gone Trek might have a B list director that would mess up the franchise. the same franchise that JJ has helped greatly and all what many TOS fans have done is spit on he man. so there. Some of you might just get what you deserve:lol:

9. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

How about Jon Favreau or Gavin Hood or Joseph Kosinkski?

All have done big budget sci-fi.

Director does not concern me too much. I think they should add a TNG-era writer & producer to the team because I think they can assist K&O :) and maybe help to prevent K&O doing stupid things.

10. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

Jon Favreau does too naturalistic to fit Trek. Kosinski's more like it.

11. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

That will be enough. serenitytrek1, you are on very thin ice at this point, and are strongly advised to stop posting until such time as you are able to exercise much better judgement in choosing what (and what not) to say.

12. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

I think marrying Kosinski with a Kurtzman & Orci script would be great.

I have my reservations & annoyances about these writers but I must admit that they have delivered two funny, witty and hugely entertaining movies. They just don't really make a great deal of sense. Kosinski OTOH has made two dull movies but they made more sense and looked fantastic with excellent action set pieces. So putting the two together should fix everything?!

13. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

oh gosh, I don't know what to say anymore, its like I am always misunderstood on this site and it is not my intention to come off that way.

I guess all I am saying is that it is unfair how some Trek fans hate on JJ's Trek films. JJ did good work with Trek this past 7 years and now that he is gone he may be very hard to replace.

I do believe some of the fans who didn't like JJ's Trek films may come to appreciate him now that he is gone.

I have also deleted my comments on Spielberg so you dont have to mark it as spamming anymore. It was not my intention to spam this site.

peace.....

lastly rottentomtoes.com just listed their best summer films since 1975. Trek 09 and STiD made the list, Trek 09 is even ranked higher than star wars episode 4 and 5.

LINK:http://www.rottentomatoes.com/guides/best-summer-movies/?_r=true

that's says a lot about the great work JJ has done for star trek.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  14. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

I'm just not getting your point. At all.
    It's entirely fair. It's called opinion.

I love what Abrams and, to an even greater extent, Damon Lindelof did with LOST. I don't like Abram's version of Star Trek. It's just not my cup of tea.

I don't need Trek to have an A-list director. I don't need Trek to become the cool kid. I just want a good story. And you can't blame JJ Abrams' critics for the fact that ID didn't rise to the heights you apparently want it to. ID did very well for a Trek film. Be happy it was successful enough to make the studio very happy and guarantee another film. Star Trek will never be the monster Star Wars or Lord of the Rights or most super hero movies are. Never. But so what? If you enjoyed the movie, what does it matter?

15. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Been reading X-Men for 40 years, before they were all new and all different. It's message contains the same "political/social propaganda" that Singer's movies do.

The intolerant would probably disagree with you. Mutants are a metaphor for every group that was denied a "seat at the table".

16. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I like those names and there movies. I would like add Martin Campbell to the list of directors I would like for this movie.

17. Neumann

Neumann Captain Captain

They should add some women in their writing team and also an older seasoned writer who can elevate some of the dialog at times :) (even nick meyer ;) )