Strictly Come Dancing 2013

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Lonemagpie, Aug 5, 2013.

1. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Oh I thought it was just that they'd all been dancing with the pros already but not with a specific partner.

2. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Ratings are in, and Strictly *narrowly* beats X Factor, by about 100,000 viewers.

3. Lonemagpie

Thank fuck Tony Jacklin's out - he did fuck all. Brucie's 15 years older and does more dancing on the show. Now if the fashion designer, Vanessa Feltz and Mark Benton go out next, in roughly that order, I won't feel like booting in the telly...

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I always feel sorry for the people who get knocked out first week, because you really haven’t had enough time to get any kind of feel for it, but clearly Jacklin was making up the numbers and probably was always likely to be a very early departure. I’m only really sorry because it means less Aliona from now on.

Feltz surprised me with her waltz but suspect that’ll be the high point, and Julian McDonald’s just too bow legged to ever be any good so I think you’re right there. I’d disagree about Mark Benton though, for a big bloke he can actually dance and I think he’ll be around for a while.

I still can’t get over how awesome Sophie Ellis Bextor’s Charleston was.

I do think they’ve made a bit of an error in their choices this year. I think very few of the men are likely to make it very far, in fact I’d say now only Ashley has a shot at the final (I know it’s early days.) and maybe Patrick.

5. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Sophie was all kinds of fabulous. More than a bit gorgeous too.

I used to have a bit of a thing for her Mom, but that just shows my age...

6. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    :techman: :lol:

ditto. And poor Rachel. Such a Bambi :)

My fave even before they started. For anyone who missed it:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRsan_COiD0[/yt]

7. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

You and me both. I had such a crush on Janet Ellis when I was a kid, and I've had a crush on Sophie for years now so I hope she goes far.

8. Lonemagpie

Aliona had such a "oh, I'm fucked anyway, let's bite the bullet and get it over with" expression when appearing with Jacklin...

9. Lonemagpie

Isn't her mum Janet Ellis from Blue Peter? (and Horns Of Nimon for Dr Who fans)?

10. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

She is, I never realised she was in Nimon though!

11. Lonemagpie

She's Teka in that.

And ISTR her dad (ergo Sophie's granddad) was the effects guy inside one of the robots in Mysterious Planet.

Yeah, sad git...

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well that was a shaker. I don't especially like Vanessa Feltz, and clearly she's a bit rubbish, but both my and my gf felt she was still better than Julian McDonald.

Conspiracy!!!! :)

13. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

Lol. Obviously these things are a matter of opinion. I thought Julian Mac was much better. I thought the Hairy Biker was the worst! :)

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

yes but he's funny and likeable in a way neither Feltz or McDonald are so the public will keep him in...up to a point.

15. Lonemagpie

Before the series started, I was thinking of supporting Dave Myers, but now... He committed the cardinal sin of just taking up a series of themed poses while the pro dancer did all the moving.

I swear, if I was producer of the show, there'd be a no-exceptions rule that if you do less footwork than Brucie has done on the show at 85, you're out.

As for the other two, I always loathed Feltz, and immediately detested that fashion designer guy, so either of them out is good. I suspect, TBH, Craig and Bruno just kept him in cos they like him playing up the campness for them.

I'll be voting for Fiona Fullerton, I suspect... She was good on Saturday

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I doubt they can win, but Fullerton is the best parter Anton's had in a long time.

17. Lonemagpie

Yes! Queen Julien is out (That's a Madagascar ref, FWIW) and the hottest arse (yeah, the Countdown girl) on TV right now survived the dance-off...

The costume and makeup this series is diabolical- everybody looks fine in the training/interviews and a fucking OTT comedy character on the floor! Abby Clancy looks like a fucking Panda or a very incompetent boxer with those two fucking black eyes

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Yeah I thought her look was a bit odd, and I thought Rachel Reilly's outfit didn't do her any favours!!

I still haven't recovered from seeing Suzannah Reid in tight jeans and high heels from her training montage...

19. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Well Lonemagpie I'm guessing you're unhappy at Rachel departing the show, and frankly so am I. Although within the dance off it was the right result because Clancy is the better dancer, but neither of them should have been in the dance off and really the hairy biker's time has surely now passed.

And I felt really bad for thinking it, but moments after the thought crossed my mind; 'Wow I'd have thought Mark Benton would have started to lose some weight by now' my gf said the exact same thing! :lol:

20. Lonemagpie

Yeah, the loss of the best arse on the show is a major downer.

And what were either of them doing in the dance-off? Didn't Abby Clancy get the first top marks of the series on Saturday? How did she end up in the bottom two?

And how the fuck is Dave Myers still in it?

Oh well, at least Fiona's still in...