College Football 2013

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by B.J., Aug 28, 2013.

1. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the Ohio State/Florida A&M game- THAT was a massacre. Oh, boy. Isn't there some kind of mercy rule? FAM was crying "uncle" five minutes into the first quarter. Ouch. THAT was a mismatch! :(

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

It was a classic hangover game, but Alabama hung in there and made the plays they needed to make. They were never in danger of losing the game, but they weren't running away with it, either. Bama took until the 4th quarter to convert their first 3rd down out of 10 attempts. But on the bright side, they racked up the yards, converting for a first down 6 times on 1st or 2nd down... that means lots of big plays. So they're capable of delivering a beatdown, they just weren't executing yesterday.

They have got to play better against SEC opponents from here on out.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Even when USC wins they look terrible.

:scream:

4. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

So, UCONN scares Michigan, Utah State scares USC, both Ohio State and Florida's back up quarterbacks have great games, and Bucky derails Purdon't. Godsdamn, I love college football!

5. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Yesterday was a bad day. Baylor blows out an opponent with 70-7, Colorado thought they had a chance, Bama plays poorly, LSU lets Auburn hang around after they got their hopes up. This is about the time of year when you start to see injuries--first to Florida's QB, and Jamaal Williams stinger.

6. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe not in the OSU/FA&M game, but Miami and Savannah State mutually agreed to a 12-minute 4th quarter once the score was 77-7 after only three quarters.

7. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yeesh. Apparently Auburn doesn't know how to play in the rain. I'm just happy GT was able to come back and beat UNC!

Even in the famous 222-0 game between Georgia Tech and Cumberland, the second half was only cut to 15 minutes. Considering how that game went, I'm surprised that Heisman allowed them to cut that much!

8. Kronos

Kronos Admiral Admiral

No crying in baseball and no mercy in football, those are just the freaking rules :D

9. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

Nobody is certain whether Fla Int'l asked for a running clock in the second half. I didn't realize that Fla. Int'l is an FBS school. But there were brutal scores all across the scoreboard this weekend.

10. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well, that sucked. In the words of head coach Paul Johnson, GT was its own worst enemy last night. Turnovers, sacks, far too many incomplete passes, etc. Bleh. Need to put the team on Beanie Weenie until they fix it!

11. Caligula

I've never been able to say I was embarrassed by a victory before, but today's the day. Tennessee should have beaten South Alabama 48-7. Instead, the Vols almost gave up one of the most monumental comebacks in college football history, squandering a 31-7 lead with three turnovers and a botched FG that brought the Jaguars back to within a final margin of 31-24.

I had to wait a good twelve hours before I could post about it. Way too mad about the points we left on the field, and the ones the defense allowed that should have been contained. We have a QB who has no confidence in himself, is scared to death of getting hit, and he still hasn't faced the best the SEC has to offer. I bleed Orange & White, but I'm seriously considering sitting out the next three games.

12. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

13. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

Can't honestly believe Kiffen lasted this long, even. Vols fans (like Caligula) are probably finally at peace!

14. Caligula

It goes double for me, because I also happen to be a USC fan. To sum up my reaction to the news in emoticon form, it went a little something like this:
    :eek: :evil: :guffaw: :cool: :beer:

15. Neroon

On Mike & Mike this morning they were amused about how Kiffin made the plane but not the bus. He was about to get on the bus to head back to campus I guess, but the folks meeting them at the airport said for the bus to go on, but Kiffin to stay there.

Ominous.

16. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

And the University of Washington Huskies are 4-0. I'm stunned.

17. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's going to be a interesting game this week against Stanford.

18. Neroon

Anyone want to start the countdown for Mack Brown at Texas?

19. Caligula

Well, the Longhorns did manage to win Thursday night... Just barely.

20. Neroon