The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I've grabbed the ocassional Lego set, but I usualy find them to be prohibitively expensive. My main focus is on superheroes with lines like DC Universe Classics and Marvel Legends. I also grab Star Wars figures on ocassion, though not nearly as many as I used to.

2. Captain Picard.

Captain Picard. Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I bet if you sold them now they would be worth a lot. Yes, I also have a lot of those Endor troops I bought a few of the Endor battle packs. I have loads of those tree's I do not know where to put them:confused::brickwall:

3. Captain Picard.

They are expensive but I suppose that is what you have got to pay for quality. Get the sets at the start of the year they have sales. The superhero range is expanding so you may be interested:)

4. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Hey, if you're into LEGO the brand new 2013 sets in the green Yoda packaging are starting to hit stores. One of the new ones for this year is a really neat Jabba's Palace set that comes with a Rancor figure. I think there's also a new Hoth one with a Rebel Snowspeeder.

5. Captain Picard.

Yes the rancor pit is good you can attach it onto the Jabba's palace. A few days ago I received the 75014 2013 battle of Hoth set very good set but not 100% worth its money.

6. cooleddie74

And Toy Fair is off and running!

Hasbro presentations began around 12:30 and the My Little Pony, Transformers and Kre-O sections are over with. G.I. Joe and Star Wars are supposed to be next.

For anybody interested just go to Facebook (if you have an account) and look at the Jedi Temple Archives collecting page. The JTA gang is reporting live from the Jacob Javits Center in New York and attending the presentations.

7. Hound of UIster

Hound of UIster Vice Admiral Admiral

24 Inch Metroplex

Deluxe: Stealth Bomber Megatron and Trailbreaker (with Hoist down the line as a recolor)

Voyager: Blitzwing and and Astrotrain and Springer (and Sandstorm as a remold).

8. cooleddie74

New Star Wars announced at Toy Fair includes:

-Vintage Collection Republic Gunship (TRU exclusive)
    -Vintage Collection TIE Interceptor
    -Vintage Collection Slave 1 with exclusive Han Solo in Carbonite figure
    -Vintage Collection Biggs X-Wing Fighter
    -Kmart exclusive Ewok Catapult Warriors two-pack
    -Kmart exclusive Imperial Scanning Crew two-pack
    -"Mission Series" two-pack with Anakin and 501st Legion Clone
    -"Mission Series" two-pack with Vader and Interrogation Droid
    -Special "Darth Vader Origins" multipack of figures
    -3.75" Mara Jade!

9. cooleddie74

Other 3.75" figures confirmed:

Anakin (Episode II, all-new)
    Padme (Episode II, Geonosis Arena, all-new)
    Green Clone Trooper Sergeant (Episode II)
    Pablo Jill (Jedi, Episode II)
    Luminara Unduli
    Sandtrooper (orange pauldron)
    Mace Windu (realistic Clone Wars sculpt)
    Biggs Darklighter (X-Wing Pilot, all-new)
    Luke (Yavin Medal Ceremony, all-new)
    Yoda
    Shock Trooper
    Biker Scout (repack of 2012 TRU Speeder Bike set figure)
    Republic Clone Pilot
    A-Wing Fighter Pilot (human)

10. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Hasbro's Marvel presentation has made me die and go to heaven:

Wolverine's movie line will be 6" and comic based with: Astonishing X-Men Wolverine, Phoenix Force Cyclops, Astonishing X-Men Emma Frost, Sabretooth, Modern Rogue, and Puck as the Mini-BAF.

The second wave of the Iron Man Legends will be Movie Iron Patriot, Movie Mark XLII, and (!)Classic Ultron!

Then we've got the second 2013 wave of Marvel Legends with: Scarlet Spider, Black Panther, Wrecker, Bulldozer, Hawkeye with modern and classic variants, Jean Grey with variants, and Rocket Racoon as the BAF.

Oh man. Too much awesome.

11. cooleddie74

There'll be a San Diego Comic-Con exclusive 6” Black Series figure: a Darth Maul that will be different from the mass retail Maul in the line.

Also, the Droid in the Vader ”Mission Series” two-pack is a Seeker Droid, not an interrogation/torture model.

12. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i was just about to ask if you guys were checking out all the new stuff from Toy Fair. looks like they finally got Springer right. Springer and stealth Megatron are must buys. Metroplex...gotta have that too. always wanted the original as a kid. time to start saving!

14. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

Gizmodo also has a few pictures of the 6" Star Wars figures. I have to say I am already very impressed. The R2D2 is a definate must-have but I really like the Sandtrooper. On the other hand, I am disappointed in the vehicles they have coming this year. I might consider getting the Slave 1 but I am not interested in the rest. Oh well.

And speaking of vehicles, the Mattel Batmobile is going in the collection. I am probably going to snag the figures also. God, those things are AWESOME.

I am curious to see more of the 6" Wolverine line. Most of the pictures I have seen so far are blurry or distant. I have always disliked 3.75" figures so I am thrilled they decided to do something bigger. If they look just as good up close I may have to splurge on those too. :bolian:

Does anyone know who's coming up next at the Toy Fair? I can't seem to find a presentation schedule.

15. Gepard

Yeah. When images of the first few Beast Hunter retooled figures leaked, they looked horrible and I thought this year would kill my interest. But they've really stepped up their game with the original Beast molds and Generations/FoC stuff. I can't wait.

16. cooleddie74

That 6” R2-D2 is definitely a must-have! He's my favorite of the new 6” figures thus far.

17. AstroSmurf

AstroSmurf Vice Admiral Admiral

I know it is silly because it is probably not something new but I just got a kick out of the fact they included the Luke's hidden lightsaber from RotJ. And from the look of the panels on his front section, it appears several are designed to open.

18. Gepard

Sounds good. Where are these images?

19. cooleddie74

This might end up being the definitive Artoo for a lot of collectors, outshining all the 3.75” figures in recent years!

20. cooleddie74

Go to jeditemplearchives. They have a link to their Facebook page with Toy Fair photos on the main JTA page.