The kids from "Disaster" Episode

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Lighthammer, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You know, I'm half surprised no one developed the kids shown in the episode Disaster. Sure, by the time Voyager rolled around, none of them could have graduated Star Fleet Academy yet (provided they went that direction) but by the time the movies hit, it seems like it would have been a very nice plug.

Marissa Flores in particular seemed like the character had potential to emerge as a Star Fleet officer down the road.

2. Tiberius

Tiberius Commodore Commodore

She probably is, serving on the good ship USS Elsewhere.

3. Bishop76

Bishop76 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

4. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

:lol:

Is that site for real? Will have to check it out when I get more time! :lol:

5. Bishop76

It is - there's a kid names Stephen Ratliff who did a WHOLE series of (weird, creepy) fanfic about that character. They're all absolutely TERRIBLE. But, some folk did us the service of doing the MST3K treatment to them which makes them HILARIOUS. They're classics.

6. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Picard had them all blacklisted from Starfleet Academy for being kids on -his- starship. Yep.

7. Ro_Laren

Ro_Laren Commodore Commodore

As far as the episode Disaster goes, I found the storylines on the Bridge, Ten-Forward, and the Cargo Bay more interesting than the one with Picard & the kids on the Turbolift. Every time it gets to the Picard scenes where he is stuck with those kids in the Turbolift, I'm tempted to skip the scenes.

8. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

:rofl:

Wait, the original fanfic writer was serious?

I just the first couple of pages of the MST'ed version and can't bear to read any more, even when satirised. But still... :guffaw: :guffaw:

(stuff I just realised: 1) he probably posts, or at least reads this board, or has done at some point. If so, dude, what were you thinking, but be happy that your efforts have probably entertained countless numbers of people. Admittedly not how you intended, but still! 2) He was probably really young when he wrote that stuff and is now a lawyer or accountant or executive somewhere and lives in fear of his colleagues finding out about his alter ego as the Bulwer-Lytton of Trek fanfic. :D )

9. Bishop76

That's what makes them extra excellent (and extra creepy). Knowing that somewhere, there was a guy saying to himself "Nice! Knocked that one out of the park!" After writing the story of how Princess Marissa Amber Flores Picard lost her virginity. Yeah, that actually happens.

10. Bishop76

Also, all of the kids featured in that elevator are stars in Ratliff's story. Though I think my favorite is the one where they go back in time and meet Chelsea Clinton who informs them that Star Trek is a TV show. It's bananas. I can't tell you the number of times I was literally in tears laughing at these.

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Damn, now you're tempting me to go back and read some more... :D :techman:

12. Lighthammer

Lighthammer Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

This is starting to sound a bit creepy.

When I brought this topic up I was thinking more along the lines of her she shoulding up on a random posting like O'Brian, Jelico or even Shelby --- not end up in a fan fick of her losing her virginity >.<

Having Picard adopt her might have been somewhat "fun" for a story if it was executed right (IE Having a mission where perhaps her parents died or something) --- but I do have to admit, just the summaries of her kind of creep me out; alas, this is the internet though!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  13. Bishop76

It's only mildly creepy - it's a lot more hilarious than weird. Though the weird bits are hilarious too.

14. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

They were blacklisted from Starfleet the moment they turned 7 and couldn't do Advanced Calculus.

15. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Commodore Commodore

Those that create such bizarre things are not always within the realm of reality: case in point.

16. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Now I'm very, very sad.