"Hawaii Five-O": This is what hit TV looks like

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dusty Ayres, Nov 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

2. Chris_Johnston

Chris_Johnston Captain Captain

3. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

This review agrees with me.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I can't even get the review to load. However the show probably won't get a second season. It's really not a hit show, it's all hype.

5. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

For what its worth, I love Hawaii 5-0 and i'll be sad to see it canned.

6. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

With the original 5-O at the end I always thought Hawaii gave CBS a deal they couldn't refuse.

They well just retool, give McGarrett a science background to with his SEAL training and license some music by The Who

7. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I love Hawaii 5-0 too!
    Just not this nutso version.

GREAT review. :lol:

8. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

Excuse me, but how 'nutso' is this version? It sounds to me like the original show, but tweaked a bit for the 21st century, and just as action-packed as the original. Not much nutso there (although I can't really judge as I've not seen a lot of these crime shows in quite a while.) From what I've also heard, this series is racking up big ratings (a lot of people are recording it on PVR's according to this article on ZDNet). Chalk up this review to fatigue with crime shows in general and utter snobbishness on the part of the reviewer.

9. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It's a very light show with little to no characterization. I watch it for the excellent cinematography, action sequences, and scenery. (and no, Grace Park is not "scenery" anymore, she's skeletal)

10. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I would argue Scott Caan has some characterization. He's fun to watch. The rest of the cast are blanks, really.

It's fluff, the show. And it knows it. And that's fine. I do think however, they do need to invest more in the characters, the blank slates are beginning to get boring. Kim and Park could be replaced easily at this point, and it wouldn't affect the show. And that shouldn't be.

11. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

This isn't a habit I'd go back to, Dusty. You've just served a ban for posting copy-pastes without content, and now we've degraded to just a link with no content (except in this case, a rolleyes). In case the MGM thread was a one-off, I left that one merely closed. But as you've now done it twice more just today, it's yet another infraction for spamming for all three.

Comments to PM, thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.