How to add avatar?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Captain Picard., Jan 4, 2013.

1. Captain Picard.

Captain Picard. Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I have tried to put it in but when I select off I do not want an avatar I cannot? I have no idea on what is going on please help thanks. I am happy to be here by the way and the smilies on this forum are great I am going to test them:)

:klingon: :rommie::vulcan: Klingon is the best! lol

2. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

The FAQ says that you need fifty posts and two weeks before you can. Welcome to the board! There is a new members thread at the top of the forum if you want to introduce yourself.

3. Captain Picard.

Oh thank you:) happy to be here. live long and prosper:)

4. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Welcome aboard. Just a heads-up that your name might cause some confusion with the other captain picard. He hasn't posted since 2005 so you are probably safe but you never know.

5. Captain Picard.

Thank you, I don't know how I was supposed to know that someone else was called the same as me? You can tell the difference my user name has a . after it so I am safe ;)

6. rhubarbodendron

rhubarbodendron Vice Admiral Admiral

welcome to the board :)
    If this is not too personal a question: from which country are you? (please only answer this if you really want to! It's perfectly ok to keep that information private)

When you chose a name that is already taken, the board will tell you when you try to register. I suppose that happened to you as you added the . after the name.
    There is also a userlist. The link to it is in the page header, labelled "Community". There you can have a look at all our names.

My own name is a mixture of rhubarb and rhododendron and was created when a friend of mine tried to type both words very quickly 3 times in a row, heehee. :D
    I'm from Bavaria, btw. This is my second account here. I first registered here 11 years ago, left for a few years and returned only recently by request of my friends. If there is something you'd like to know, please don't hesitate to ask us oldtimers :) Most of us remember only too well how puzzled and insecure one is as a newbie.

When you get more posts (28 posts and 14 days membership here) you get the ability to send private messages to other members. That's a good way to ask things you don't dare to ask publicly ;)
    At the same time (28 posts / 14 days membership) you'll get the ability to use an avatar.

Be sure to visit the redshirt lounge when you have enough posts to enter it. There is one lounge for almost every rank. They are hidden to all other ranks and are a lot of fun. A great way of getting to know other members and making friends. Also, traditionally the lounges are being supervised by the nicest and most helpful moderators :adore:

7. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome to the Board!

It's nice to have new people here. Careful when you first go to TNZ (when you can go to TNZ). I recommend you lurk a bit there to get your bearings, reconnoiter.

8. rhubarbodendron

I agree. I never go there - the topics are a bit too explosive for my taste. As English isn't my native language misunderstandings are inevitable and in The Neutral Zone that can lead to flame wars.

9. Sector 7

Sector 7 Vice Admiral Admiral

I can, at times, have a temper so I do not go to TNZ. No need to tempt fate, IMHO.:devil:

10. rhubarbodendron

wise decision :D Sometimes I, too, would just love to be able to reach through the internet and strangle the person at the other end.

11. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I think TNZ's rep is a little exaggerated. It's not that bad.

12. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's essentially the new Misc.

The are a few people who just post there just so they can flame and troll and get away with it, but nobody likes them.

Oh and welcome CP.