An Idea For A Game/Project

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Michael, Jun 25, 2008.

1. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Thanks, Tom. It's really good to hear that. :)

Well, it certainly was the inspiration for the last image. But I think it's up to Venardhi to decide if it really is the cabin from Generations. ;)

Well spotted!

No problem. :)

[01.] NCC-1701
    [02.] ThomastheCat
    [03.] Ptrope
    [04.] PlanetMudd
    [05.] Vektor
    [06.] Redfern
    [07.] Masao
    [08.] Venardhi
    [09.] Starscape
    [10.] jon1701
    [11.] Klondike307
    [12.] ThomastheCat +
    [13.] NCC-1701 +
    [14.] Venardhi +[highlight]
    [15.] Ptrope[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [16.] Vektor[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [17.] Redfern[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [18.] Starscape[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [19.] Ampris[/highlight][highlight]
    [20.] Masao[/highlight] +[highlight]
    [21.] Klondike307[/highlight] +

+ = 2nd panel

2. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Great job on that last addition; it gives me a great starting point. I'm heading out to visit my folks for the weekend so expect my page sometime next week. Meanwhile I'll figure out where I'm going with this with some good ol-fashioned sketching and writing. Like on paper and stuff.

3. Ziz

Ziz Commodore Commodore

I hope this is all being saved in a single place so that someday it can be preserved. It'd be a shame if random pages disappeared later on because someone moved or canceled their personal web space.

4. Jon1701

Jon1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Brilliant, NCC.

Loving the TAS style!

5. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

I'm archiving the pages, and I'll post them as an off-site gallery once it's complete (if it ever is ;)).

6. Venardhi

Been a busy week, panels are almost done but may not be up til tomorrow night or Saturday sometime. These turns seem to be coming up at inopportune times for everyone lately.

7. Venardhi

I'm still working on them, but it is slow going since my wacom pad is broken.

If the next person wants to get started, they probably can without conflicting anything in my panels as long as they stay outside of Kirk's head.

Hopefully, I'll have it up tonight.

8. Michael

^ I'm so looking forward to your entry, Venardhi! Just take your time. I can wait. :)

9. Venardhi

Posted.

Sorry for being slow and lazy with this one. The first panel might get replaced with a more polished up version once I get the new nib for my pen, I just couldn't be arsed to replace the rough at this point.

Anyways.

You're up, Ptrope.

10. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Looks good! Guess I'd better get to work ...

11. c5maier

c5maier Commander Red Shirt

Priceless last picture! (And in no way could the next in line work on without this knowledge.)

12. Venardhi

I changed it last-minute, originally it ended with a confrontation within Kirk's head. It didn't make much sense for someone as apparently powerful to be so easily challenged by someone with such lacking 'psychic' abilities as Spock.

13. Michael

Venardhi, I love love love your entry! Especially the last image.

I'm looking forward to your continuation, Ptrope.

14. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

^^ So am I! :D Have no fear, I'm working on my panels even now, and I'm planning to have them done by the deadline. It's getting tougher as the story proceeds, though! :eek:

EDIT (10/21/08): Sorry, folks - hate to be part of the problem, but I'm also running behind on my panels. No excuse other than I'm having a tough time making a page I'm happy with, story-wise, and I still want to do this, but I want to do my best. If you want to move on and bump me down, I'll understand - otherwise, it will be another day or two. :brickwall:.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  15. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Okay, with my sincerest apologies, my entry is up. Vektor, I've lowered the bar just about as far as it can go, I think - you shouldn't have any problem improving upon this :bolian:.

16. Redfern

Redfern Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Don't sell yourself short, Ptrope. Given the explanation Spock provided, this makes perfect sense. I love the fact Spock is still unphased by their shared perceptions and even accepting "'toon physics" might be used to their advantage (ergo: cartoon hammers, aka "baka" mallets for the anime fans here).

BTW, nice homage to Don Martin! :techman:

Sincerely,

Bill

17. Starscape

Starscape Commodore Fan Art Challenge Winner

I've been meaning to comment on the recent additions - they've all been fantastic. :techman:

And that includes yours Ptrope. It's a brilliantly off-the-wall idea!! :lol:
    And a very clever way to work in a more comical style.

18. Ptrope

Ptrope Agitator Admiral

Thanks, guys! I wasn't sure about what the reception might be, but I really wanted to draw this one by hand, but I'm so out of practice that I knew I couldn't live up to the standards already set. Plus I really wanted to do an homage to Don Martin, and one thing that I think gets forgotten or overlooked a lot is just how much humor there was in TOS, even intentionally ;).

19. Vektor

Vektor Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, this should make things interesting. ;)

I'll do my best to get my entry in by next Wednesday.

20. ThomastheCat

ThomastheCat Captain Captain

I've been laying low for a while, but I wanted to get back in here and say that this project just keeps getting more and more interesting. I love how Venardhi gives us a spooky and intensely suspenseful panel and then Ptrope follows it up with something so whimsical... yet with the premise and plot we're working from it all still flows together. Wonderful work you guys, can't wait to see Vektor's next chapter!