Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Sep 20, 2010.

1. Alisha

Alisha Guest

Re: Castle: Season 3 (Nathan Fillion, Stana Katic) - Discussion & Spoi

I like this show the most. I like the premier. And That photo of upcoming episode is also good.

2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

When a juror dies in the middle of a murder trial, Castle and Beckett discover that the juror wasn't really as perfect as he appeared to be.

[​IMG]

3. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

Is it just me, or is that a Green Lantern t-shirt? Funny that after he was the main character in one of my favorite fake film trailers.

4. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Yes, it is a GL T-shirt, no doubt tying into the fact that Fillion is doing the voice of Hal Jordan in the animated film Green Lantern: Emerald Knights, which will be coming out on DVD in June, about a week before the live-action feature film hits theaters.

5. Aragorn

Wow, Castle was pretty smooth there at the end.

6. TimmyWl

TimmyWl Commodore Commodore

^Yes I agree.

So he does have a poker face.

7. Christopher

Interesting episode. Its opening seemed more like a typical House opening, with the patient showing symptoms during a normal event, than a typical Castle opening, with the victim found already dead. But I guess it had to be so under the circumstances.

I'm glad they acknowledged that the incident would cause a mistrial, and had the investigation take place between trials of the defendant. That way, they avoided a lot of the usual legal malarkey about investigations continuing during a trial and other sorts of courtroom melodrama.

It's also a relief to finally get an Alexis-heavy episode again. She's been largely absent for most of the season, I'd guess because of Molly C. Quinn's academic commitments. It's good to see her featured more again, though I am getting a little tired both of Castle being unjustifiably suspicious/protective of his daughter and of Alexis being so idealized. I mean, I love it that she's such a great person, but sometimes it's a little hagiographic.

8. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

Oh my god, Detective Beckett loves Forbidden Planet?

Those writers know my perfect woman.

9. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

New York nitpick alert: While they get points for citing the Angelika, which is a real movie theater in the East Village, it's not a revival house. The last time I checked, it was an art theater showing the latest new indies and foreign films, but NOT the sort of place that would schedule a screening of FORBIDDEN PLANET.

(That would be the Film Forum, several blocks away.)

Good episode, though. Nice and twisty . . . although you knew the D.A. was up to no good once you saw he played by Bruce Davison!

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This was a fun episode. And that was my first thought when I saw Bruce Davison too. My only problem with that is that it's getting to a point now where I can figure out who's gonna be the bad guy based solely on who the guest actors are.

11. Darth_Daver

Darth_Daver Captain Captain

Yeah, that was the sole reason why I didn't started thinking that the counter terrorist guy (the flying dude from Heroes) was in on it, because no way he'd play a bad guy. (When the story shifted to misguided "patriots", I started thinking though, that I can see him do...)

12. Mark_Nguyen

Mark_Nguyen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The whole episode was good, but the "great" moment was Castle's poker face at the end. Excellent delivery tying into the whole story. :)

Mark

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Although, as it turned out, Davison was NOT actually the killer. He was just involved in the cover-up.

14. Christopher

But story-wise, he was the featured culprit nonetheless.

15. Aragorn

I expected the brother to be the killer since 1) I recognized him from October Road (he was also in Happy Town but I didn't watch that), and 2) when Alexis was talking about doing the right thing while not ratting out her friends, it made sense regarding the mystery since Alexis-Dad talks always happen to relate exactly to the mystery. :) But they only made the brother an accomplice.

16. I Grok Spock

I Grok Spock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, I had no idea who actually poisoned the guy, but I knew the DA was upp to no good. Overall an entertaining episode.

Agreed though that the daughter is getting into :rolleyes: territory.

17. Christopher

Well, I wouldn't go that far. I still adore Alexis. I just think this episode was rubbing it in a little. And Castle not trusting his daughter has been too much of a recurring theme this season, and that makes him look bad.

18. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

^I totally agree with you. Unless she really gives him a reason not to trust her I think the writers should give it a rest.

Also count me in as someone who though Bruce Davison was going to be the killer. In the opening scene I turned to my wife and said "He did it." I wasn't right but I was close.

I also really like how Castle totally worked Beckett at the end. Very funny!

19. Buck Bokai

Buck Bokai Lieutenant Red Shirt

She also recently did a Disney Channel movie, I believe, and I kinda guessed that her gaps on Castle were when she was filming that, though it very well may not have been.

Neither my wife or I had any problem with Castle keeping tabs on Alexis anyway, FWIW.

20. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I don't know. At that age kids should have some expectation of privacy. Plus she has given him no reason to worry.