Beatles ROCK BAND

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by RobertScorpio, Sep 4, 2009.

?

Getting BEATLES ROCK BAD?

Poll closed Sep 14, 2009.
  1. Oh yes!!!! are you kidding?

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  2. Boring.....

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  3. I'll wait for the buzz to decide...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I dont know if this is a thread yet, i cant see it anywhere, but are any of you (especially our British friends) getting the Beatles ROCK BAND expansion? I am...i can't fricking wait. I am not really into "rock music", the heavy stuff, but THIS will be fun.

I actually think I can drum better than Ringo, then again, I'm sober when I do!! JUST KIDDING...mr. Caveman is a gread drummer...

Rob

2. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

It's not an expansion, it's a complete independent game. And no, I'm not buying it. I'm a huge Rock Band/Guitar Hero fan but I've never been in to the Beatles.

3. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

yes..i stand corrected..it isn't an expansion. I guess the beatles are more from my time, so I could see why some wouldn't care for them, like my kids don't.

Rob

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Is there any reason this isn't in games?

5. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

I'm absolutely getting this game first day. I can't wait.

Also, this probably belongs in the games forum/

6. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

I'm no young kid myself - of that era I prefer The Who and the Rolling Stones.

A Rolling Stones Rock Band/Guitar Hero game I would buy day of release, a Queen one I would break in to their publisher's offices and steal.

7. OdoWanKenobi

I would happily be your accomplice.

8. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

The Who/Rolling Stones are more 'pure' rock to me...Queen was always more "rock opera"....nothing against Queen, but Mercury's voice made that group, not the so called 'rock muscians' around him..sorry..just calling it as i see it..

Rob

9. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm getting it. I can't wait to try and harmonize. :D

10. OdoWanKenobi

True. I think a Queen: Rock Band would be the one time that my friends and I would fight over who gets to do vocals. :lol:

11. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

If money was no object, yeah I would get it. I will probably wait for it to go on sale. I do love me some Beatles, though.

12. D Man

D Man Commodore Commodore

The Rock Band games are fun to play for half an hour at a friend's place, but not worth much more than that to me. I'm a huge Beatles fan though, so I'll definitely be singing at the top of my lungs helping a buddy unlock the next song or however it works.

For once I'll be able to actually sing along accurately; unless I know the song going in (which is rare given the stuff they've used in the previous games,) it's almost impossible for me to follow that wacky "line that goes up and down" routine. I have the same problem with the guitar or drum parts, where the dots being vaguely between the lines could mean eighth notes or triplets or something else. They should just use real musical notation and teach these kids something! :p

13. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

As far as my young nephew is concerned, these games are all about 1) the posing and 2) pwnage of the song. The manliness of the stance is of utmost importance to him, also.

:D

14. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just picked it up along with the John Lennon style guitar. As soon as the kids go to bed the wife and I are gonna rock out. The Beatles are cool, but I'd love a Rock Band The Who!

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Rolling Stones Rockband

we all know it's coming sooner or later

16. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

Haha, I just started a thread about how I'm not into The Beatles and it was prompted because of the Rock Band game. I'm not much interested in a specific version for any other artist, though Queen does sound a bit appealing.

17. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Can you windmill on those guitars?

18. Shakaar

Shakaar Captain Captain

I love the overall presentation of this game. The only problem is that as much as I love the music, it's definitely one of the easiest music games to play. There's not much challenge at all. Still, it's lots of fun and I'm looking forward to some quality DLC.

What I'd really kill for is Guitar Hero: Led Zeppelin, but it'll probably never happen.

19. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah, but that's good for snaring the older fans who are getting introduced to Rock Band through this game...

:D

20. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Activision presents Guitar Hero: Led Zeppelin -- with 85 songs! Including 12 from Led Leppelin!