clocks, clocks everywhere (STVI)

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Shat Happens, Apr 24, 2014.

1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

If they'd put her on the Enterprise for it, Rand would have been a nice twist. As it would have involved the meatiest Trek role she'd had in 25 years, who could complain?

"Be careful, laddie...most things in here don't react well to phasers."

2. Timo

Timo Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hmph. It's Chekov's brother - why should we trust Sulu here?

Remember, Kirk didn't know Spock had a half-brother. Or a fiancee. Or even who his parents were. If Sulu has gotten the impression that Chekov always lacked a brother, it's quite probably a misunderstanding...

Timo Saloniemi

3. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I don't think so. The whole point of that bit was to establish that the Glowing Pinwheel of Hate was messing with people's minds to heighten the hostilities, even to the extent of making Chekov "remember" a martyred brother who never existed. We're talking weird alien mind games here, not a simple misunderstanding.

As for the clocks, I guess I'll have to look out for them the next time I watch the movie. I've seen it umpteen times and never noticed them before. Then again, I'm usually more interested in the story and characters than the hardware. From my point of view, the tech stuff is just window dressing.

4. trekshark

trekshark Captain Captain

guess she changed her view point after talking with Twain in Time's Arrow