Comic-con news

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Turtletrekker, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Never assume. ;)

2. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Besides Kobayashi Maru in 2008, what else is coming up for Enterprise in the first half of 2009?

3. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

^ Dunno yet. You know everything that is publicly known now. :)

I do know that something with the Romulan War is planned, but I have no idea what or where those plans are....

4. Cicero

Cicero Admiral Admiral

I'd like to clarify, I mean authors whose writing I usually enjoy. Several authors whose books I don't usually like much are posters whom I'm very glad to have on the board.

5. Saul

Saul Vice Admiral Admiral

Whatever those plan are I am looking forward to this, Destiny, Mirror universe and TOS: Mere Anarchy. I hadn't expected to see a TOS book next year. What's this going to be about? I'm guessing it will be a short story collection?

6. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Was there any news about the Enterprise Book Kobayashi Maru and future Deep space nine books as well? I look forward to getting Shards & Shadows .

7. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Mere Anarchy is a reprint of the 40th anniversary eBook miniseries that was done in late 2006 and early 2007. So it'll collect all six eBooks into a single volume.

It's a story that encompasses three decades of TOS history, starting before "Where No Man has Gone Before" and ending shortly after the Generations prelude, and covering the high points in between, each story involving a planet that suffers a major disaster in the first book, and the Enterprise keeps coming back over the years for various reasons.

8. Aaron McGuire

Aaron McGuire Commodore Commodore

I just wonder how many of the Titan's crew he'll have left to work with.

I'm not all that worked up over the political thriller (although it could be fun if done right), but I am excited to see that Pres. Bacco is coming back.

Aaron McGuire

9. Rosalind

Rosalind TrekLit's Dr Rose Mod Admiral

excellent list of books, thanks KRAD! :bolian:

who's the editor for this book?

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw: you know this is going to stuck for the next two years on this board, right?

looks like I'll be buying this one too, even though I've read the whole year a while ago.

YES! :D

10. Therin of Andor

Previously KRAD listed both Marco and Margaret.

11. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

oh, goodie, more Trek books to buy.

i shall be buying KRAD's tome, TTN #5 and Mere Anarchy, the MU antho and VGD #4...

12. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Sorry, wrong turtle.

13. Trent Roman

Trent Roman Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Submitted for the board's approval: the Mack's Mess Relaunch! (or MaMeR for short)

Fictitiously yours, Trent Roman

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

I'm sure that having the post-finale Voyager torch being passed on from Christie Golden to Kristen Beyer will be good news to some, I have to wonder about the reasoning given the VOY-R's reported great sales. (Of course, I don't really expect to ever find out the reason, but will just assume that Christie Golden has too much on her plate to continue with the series.)

Awesome! I'm glad to see Christopher returning to Titan, as Orion's Hounds has been my favorite Titan book so far.:techman:
    Yay!:)

Awesome, Bacco is such a great character, and I'm glad to see her and her cohorts return. Now we just need to get some post-Destiny adventures from a certain SCE ship whose series ended pre-maturely... ;)

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008
  15. Sxottlan

Sxottlan Commodore Commodore

Sounds like Sxottlan of Starfleet Security needs to saddle up again. ;)

16. Therin of Andor

Perhaps the VOY Relaunch's sales, especially those of the first post-series duology, were so good because lots of people wanted to find out what happened after "Endgame"? Maybe no one cared who wrote them after all? (But Golden's track record was also very good pre the Relaunch, which is how she got the relaunch gig.)

You also assume that Kristen Beyer's sales weren't high? If the choice is for Pocket to keep waiting for Golden to be free, or to try going with Beyer, then why not? The "Destiny" trilogy may bring even more regular ST readers to the VOY Relaunch, and it's not as if Golden can't return triumphantly later on... ;)

17. U.S.S. Republic

U.S.S. Republic Lieutenant Red Shirt

After the events of Summon the Thunder, I'm thinking a great Rush Song title would be: Witch Hunt (Moving Pictures) or even the Album title Grace Under Pressure (where the initial story title Distant Early Warning came from).

18. DarkHorizon

DarkHorizon Captain Captain

Looking forward to, and will most likely be purchasing, all of those! Although with some trepidation over Full Circle, as I rather disliked the Voyager relaunch, and stopped reading after The Farther Shore. Maybe a new author will work better for me.

"The crew of the Titan encounter a pre-World War III file transfer protocol which fills the ship's computer with historical audiovisual material, viruses and pr0n... Oh, and deals with the fallout from Mack's Most Deadly Novels Yet... oh, sorry, Destiny." :lol:

19. Kopernikus

Kopernikus Commander Red Shirt

Wow, that list looks awesome. Hopefully we will soon get a clue what Destiny actually is about. But it's better one hell of a story, if it's occupying alomost half a year of the schedule...;) But since al my favorite Trek-Authors are involved, I'm relatively sure nothing can go wrong.
    Anything new about the Covers already? And what's going on with the Myriad Universe Covers? Still nothing new about them and only 3 months left? Experience tells us, that means something's gone wrong....

20. Therin of Andor

It's called "suspense". :cool: