Game of Thrones 3.6 - "The Climb" - Rate and discuss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, May 5, 2013.

?

Grading

1. Excellent

35.5%
  2. Above average

51.6%
  3. Average

12.9%
  4. Below average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

Just about everyone on TV is better than average looking unless the part specifically calls for them to be ugly. I think she is just about the right level of pretty. She isn't exactly classically beautiful the way Dany is. There's something a little pugilistic about her features and her nude scenes certainly didn't have the look of an airbrushed gym-toned beauty to me. Combined with the flat hair and light makeup she looks about as rough as can be expected.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I know, I know.. and it's not like they could have actually chopped off Tyrion's nose. One thing I enjoy so much about GoT is the casting which is brilliant and a couple of too-pretty people is no big deal. The only casting I've balked at is Melisandre who I pictured as a sensual type like Polly Walker's character in Caprica. She's kind of a non-character in GoT to me.

3. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I voted Above Average, again because the bar has been set so high with this season.

Highlights included seeing that little fucker Theon get what's coming to him, though the actor playing his torturer doesn't entirely convince me. He seems too modern for me. Hard to put my (little)finger on it but something about either his lines or his delivery strike me as achronistic. The Twyin/Oleanna scene was as good as one might imagine a Charles Dance/Diana Rigg scene would be. Jon and company's climb was brilliantly done, even if the scene of him and Ygritte kissing on the Wall seemed to have come from a cheesier fantasy film. The scenes with the Freys negotiating with Robb (I love the Blackfish) and those of Jamie, Brienne and Roose Bolton were excellent, well taken from the page.

And of course poor Sansa having her heart broken again was brilliantly done and I'm in the camp that thought it was better showing her reaction than showing Tyrion telling her. Aidan Gillen delivered his closing soliloquy brilliantly and I really didn't see poor Ros' fate coming. Nice to be reminded how hateful Joffrey is!

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm going with excellent again. The episode flew by. The climb was excellent, as was Tywin and the Queen of Thorns facing off. Tyrion and Cersei commiserating was amusing, especially the way Dinklage delivered the line about how fucked he is.

Theon's torture was tough to watch, but the reveal of Ros's death was even worse - a masterful scene that quickly introduced a feeling of dread as Littlefinger spoke and then delivered the sickening image of Joffrey's handiwork.

Paul Kaye did an outstanding job with the monologue revealing Thoros's backstory and I liked seeing Mel interact with the Brotherhood and Arya.

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Oh yes, I forgot to say that Kaye's performance has grown on me since my original uncertainty about his take on Thoros.

6. Evil Twin

Evil Twin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"The laws of my fist are about to compel your teeth." Best line of the episode. :lol:

7. Shurik

Shurik Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8. Asbo Zaprudder

Asbo Zaprudder Admiral Admiral

Yes, my first thought on seeing him was "oh no, it's Dennis Pennis". His performance in this episode sold the character to me.