Trying to track down a song that's been stuck in my head.

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aldo, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

For the past week I've gotten a tune stuck in my head. The only trouble is I can only remember a fraction of the melody and maybe one line. I do know that it's a song from the mid-90s, and it sounds like it could be grunge, but I don't think it's Nirvana.

Anyways, the line is (possibly) "...for the end." I know it's not a lot to go on, but if it helps that line is repeated a bit during this part of the song.

If someone could help, that would be awesome, if not I don't blame you as I'm giving you guys practically nothing to go on.

2. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Linkin Park - Waiting For The End?

Kings of Leon - The End

Dear Whoever - A Place For The End

That's all I got

3. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Is Shazam on strike?

4. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Is it poppy, is it more of a crunchy guitar, a very hard-sounding guitar, is it slow-tempo, high-tempo, is the singer male, is his voice deep like Eddie Vedder, raspy like Kurt Cobain, or high-pitched like Tom DeLonge? I'm trying to see if there's any more information to go on.

5. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

^^^^The part that keeps playing in my head is slower tempo. Male singer, lower pitched, though not insanely low. Definitely not poppy, not hard though, somewhere in the middle. Think Nirvana, I would say (but I'm pretty certain it's not a Nirvana song).

6. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I probably don't know the song, but maybe recording what you can remember of it and putting it on youtube would help?

7. FFunctionalData

FFunctionalData Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

reminds me of that married with children ep where al could not remember a song but could only say "go with him"

Sorry i could not be more help.

8. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

Is it "Ends" by Everlast?

9. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

You sir, are a god among men. Thank you :)

10. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Everlast is very underrated, imo. There's this nice quasi-rap style mixed with the acoustic guitar and often serious lyrical subjects that can be quite effective. I'll still here What it's Like on the radio, but that's pretty much it. And I think a lot of people confuse Everlast with Everclear, which is very unfortunate ;)

11. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Incidentally, the reason it was stuck in my head was because I recently watched "The Mod Squad" movie. And "The Ends" plays over the end credits.