Comic Book Events/Crossovers to read/avoid

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Feb 10, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Do you know the indidival issue #s for that stuff? Comixology doesn't have alot of Superman family collections yet, so most of that stuff will be in individual issues.

2. C_Miller

C_Miller Captain Captain

Final Crisis is a big "love it or hate it" type of thing. I personally love it, but your mileage may vary. I generally hate crossovers, but I enjoyed this one. Probably because I wasn't reading comics at the time. Infinite Crisis would probably read a lot better, if I didn't have the sour taste in my mouth of all the books it ruined for me.

3. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Read Greg Cox's novelization of Final Crisis before your read the graphic novel. It will give you a better understanding of what is going on. It did for me and I love Grant Morrison's work...but Greg's breakdown of it is outstanding.

4. ncc71877

ncc71877 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't think you would be lost just reading NML by it's self, the set up is pretty good in the early issues, from what I remember. Oh, you know what, I don't know how Cx has it laid out, but look for Road to No Man's Land first, that's the set up story.

ncc71877:evil:

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Thanks! I had the advantage of being able to read all of Grant's original scripts, consult with the folks at DC, and email Grant directly!

6. MNM

MNM Captain Captain

Therefore it wasnt pointless at all, it in fact had a very definite point to it.

Whether it was good or not is a seperate issue. Though I enjoyed it personally.

7. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

A three page spread over how many pages? Flashpoint was largely pointless.

8. scnj

scnj Captain Captain

While I agree, the Superman Beyond issues were my favourite part of Final Crisis, so I was a little gutted they weren't included. Although, I do understand why they weren't, before anyone jumps down my throat.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just checked and they do have a some of the Cataclysm issues, they just don't have them labeled as such. They don't have the whole thing, just 11 of the 17 issues on the DC COmics Database.

10. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing... three?

11. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

Not for the character of The Flash. It was an important story for him, but I've already been over that.

12. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Flashpoint was just a bad event book. Broc is correct that it wasn't pointless for Flash, Barry was put through a lot of stuff, he had to try and repair what had been wrecked, instead what happened instead is that basically a new universe was born. I really haven't like much of what Geoff Johns has done lately aside from Aquaman. He has to start focusing on Arthur, give Green Lantern to Tomasi or someone else. He gave Barry up after he did what he wanted to do with him. I dunno. I'm just very down on him lately due to Justice League. I hope Batman Earth One is good because I've been very much looking forward to it for the past two years.

13. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

lol. A three page spread spread over how many pages of the ENTIRE "epic" mini series. The how do the new DCU form...