Star Trek; The Essians

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by RobertScorpio, Dec 3, 2008.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

[​IMG]

Due to the very 'different' nature of this part of STAR TREK: SHUFFLE THE DECK, as you will soon see, the Essians will be branching out into its own thread. It will be a once a week story unlike the everyday nature of Shuffle the Deck. Stay tuned for the first part of this story: It will be posted very soon.

I am not sure I will be able to pull off what I have in mind, but I have a couple friends who are assisting in a big way with their high and lofty "scifi/fantasy" minds. We'll see how this goes..my fingers are crossed...

Rob Scorpio

2. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Star Trek: Shuffle the Deck
    E S S I AN S

[​IMG]

“On The Rocks”
    The beginning

There was light across the sky; but there was no star to provide it. There were no mountains in the distance, no lakes, no oceans, no clouds to judge distance in the sky. There was absolutely no sign of life at all. There was just an endless field of tiny, granular rocks that stretched out for infinity in either direction. The sound of footsteps could be heard walking through the lifeless scene of a world.

Six people were fanned apart from each other, close enough to speak, as they made their way towards a destination none of them knew.

“Man,” Evan Cooper protested, “Where the hell are we?” He reached into his pocket and lit up a cigarette. It was a habit he had developed while smuggling illegal good out of Klingon territory.

“Where?,” Captain Michelle Duell said, as she also wondered how her crew was faring back on Septos-14. “If I’m here with you: then you’re right. We must be in hell.” She said to Cooper. She turned to President Spock, “Where do you think we are, sir?”

Spock looked back her, “I seriously doubt we are in the metaphysical domain you two are speaking of,” Spock said. He had been away from his life-chair for sometime now, and yet there was no pain. Where ever they were, he didn’t need it. That much pleased him. “But I have been known to be wrong.”

Bynak laughed, “A Vuclan,” Bynak said, “admitting he is wrong. I like you President Spock, and I don’t like Vulcan’s that much. On the Balboa, we have two junior Vulcans and both of them are, let me put this delicately: very quiet. Your people are very quiet.”

Cooper whistled, “Then you never met these two Vulcan women I know on Rigel-7. One night they both took me to their bed and they…’

“AHEM!” Jamals Javah, the Bajoran Constable of DS9 cut in, “I’m holding the baby over hear, so let’s watch what we’re saying in front of her.”

Silence returned to the six as they walked onward, with absolutely no idea where they were going,.

The last thing any of them remember was being strapped into the Sheppard by the Jem’Hadar. Then Odo and Q said goodbye to them, the hatch was closed and then: whammo! They were walking together on this deserted world. No path, no road, nothing that denoted that anyone had ever been here before. Just an endless field of tiny rocks, stretching for as far as the eye could see.

--
    Meanwhile: aboard DEEP SPACE NINE.

A special service had been arranged for Miles O’brien. The space station was in a very somber mood. Quark helped manage the special seating arrangements on the Promenade. He even closed his bar down for the special event to honor their fallen friend.

William T Riker stood in his quarters on the Titan, which was docked at one of the upper pylons of Deep Space Nine. He had just changed into his dress uniform when there was a knock at his door. He opened the door to find Commander Nog, the first officer of Deep Space Nine, standing there. The Feringi reached out his hand.

“I was able to find an extra pair of cuffs,” Nog said, who was also in his dress uniform.

“I could have replicated fake ones, but this is a special funeral.” Riker said softly.

Nog opened his hands and dropped the specially made cuffs. But as the cuffs were about to land in Riker’s hand; Riker vanished.

“Commander Riker!” Nog yelled, startle at the sudden vanishing of Riker.

The cuffs landed on the ground.

--
    As Spock and the others kept walking, it was clear there would be no change of light in the sky. There would be no night time. Spock called out to the others.

“Let’s go ahead and rest here,” Spock said.

He watched as Javah handed off the baby to Bynak. They were each taking turns, except for Spock, at holding the small baby. Spock was looking at the baby, and Captain Duell noticed Spock’s interest.

‘What’s wrong Mr. President?” Captain Duell asked.

“Call me Spock,” Spock said to her. “I believe, where we are, titles have very little meaning.”

Captain Duell smiled, “Well,” she said to him, “it still has meaning to me. If you want me to stop addressing you as President you will have to order me to stop.”

“Then I order to stop,” Spock retorted quickly.

Captain Duell gave Spock a defeated look. “You win, sir,” she came back with. “Why does the baby interest you?”

Spock looked at the child as Bynak was rocking it softly in his massive Cardassian arms.

“The baby shows no signs of hunger, or thirst” Spock said, “which is odd, if I know human pediatrics well enough.”

“Huh,” Evan Cooper said, picking up on what Spock said. “I’m not hungry or thirsty either, and we’ve been walking for at least two or three hours.”

They all looked to Spock to provide an answer.

“I have concluded,” Spock told them all, “that we are no longer in the universe.”

“Could you repeat that?” Cooper asked, not amused at all.

Suddenly there was a flash and Commander Riker stood before them, in his dress uniform.

“Great,” Riker said, “not again.”

Riker took a few moments to update them all on what had happened, in terms as much as he knew. Starfleet had been able send three messages, via the probe they used to tunnel between their dimension and another. Riker also relayed the new that Miles O’brien, whom Javah and Cooper both knew from either living on or visiting DS9, had been killed in action.

Riker then informed President Spock of the change of Federation government back on Earth.

“Can you use your powers to return us to where we belong?” Capt Duell asked Riker.

“I to tell you the truth,” Riker said to her, “I’m not even sure why I am here.”

Spock was about to say something when Bynak cut him off.

“What are those?” Bynak asked the others as he pointed towards sky.

Four stars were now shining in the sky. Four of them were yellow, one of them was blue.

“I’ve seen them before,” Evan Cooper said.

“So have I,” Riker added. “They are; the Essians.”

They all looked to Spock, as if on cue, as if by his being there he could tell them what was going on. Instead, he replied with a calm utterance: “Fascinating.”

--continued
    Next time: Spock and the others will begin the journey of a life time
    But to get where they are going: they must all die!!!

Continued
    STAR TREK: Shuffle the Deck
    Essians

3. Nerys Ghemor

Nerys Ghemor Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow...this has gone to a whole new level!

BTW...I've never understood why "baby" and "child" are treated as neuter nouns (and it's not just you I see do this). That has always been one of the things that struck me as very screwy about the English language...

4. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Wait until you see where they are going...Spock is right..they are not in the universe. But where they are going will require them to die. Coming up in the next episode we will be introduced to the being that will be taking them to their next lives...his name? The Sheppard.

Rob
    scorpio

5. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Star Trek; The Essians--The Path

Star Trek:
    T H E E S S I A N S

[​IMG]

“The Path”

Four stars were now shining in the sky. Four of them were yellow, one of them was blue.

“I’ve seen them before,” Evan Cooper said.

“So have I,” Riker added. “They are; the Essians.”

They all looked to Spock, as if on cue, as if by his being there he could tell them what was going on. Instead, he replied with a calm utterance: “Fascinating.”

“Where did they come from?” Evan Cooper asked. “We’ve been walking for hours and suddenly they appear when Riker appears?”

“No doubt,” Spock said to them all, “because we’ve come to the end of this part of our journey.”

Riker nodded, “I agree Mister President. In fact, I think we’re about to get some answers,” Riker as he motioned to another area of the sky.

A bright light came down from the sky and came to stop near to where Riker and the others stood. The light changed shape into that of a man. He walked over to them. He had a friendly look about him, as he was dressed in casual civilian attire.

“Welcome,” the man told them, “Welcome to a place that we simply call the Crossing.”

Suddenly Bynak pointed into the distance, “Look, over there!”

The others looked to where Bynak pointed. There was another small group of individuals walking together, heading in another direction, but they were there none the less.

“Who are they?” Javah Halmes wondered.

The man looked to them all, and smiled, “Some of them are still on the path that the six of you have just started. The others are variants to that path that may or may not be when you get to that part of the road.”

“Why do you cloak your words in riddles?” Spock asked.

The man smiled, “Mister Spock, of Vulcan, I am not telling you riddles, I am telling you the truth. My name is Sheppard. And I will be your guide into what will come. Mr. Riker,” Sheppard said to Riker, “As you are aware, you are here due to your once having been a Q. It was I who took the false form of that of what you call a Founder. And it was I who took you with me when I escaped your world the first time. As it turns out, once you are endowed with the powers of the Q, they can never be taken away: only suppressed. That is why you play a most important role in all of this.”

“Why Riker: Why not couldn’t you have one of the Qs help you?” Captain Duell asked before Riker could.

“Ah,” Sheppard said to Captain Duell, “the practical one: Captain Michelle Duell. The reason we can not use the Q is because they can not be trusted at this point of what is to come.”

Riker chuckled, “When can the Q ever be trusted?”

Spock asked the next question. “What exactly do you mean by what is to come?”

“And,” Javah added, “How is it your name happens to be the name of the ship we used to get here?”

“Yeah,” Evan Cooper said, “And where is our ship?”

Sheppard smiled at the question. “Mr. Cooper,” Sheppard said “your ship is here: I once was the Sheppard vessel you are referring to.”

“Do you think we are fools?” Bynak asked.

“No,” Sheppard said, “I do not. But there will come a time when your ship, the Sheppard, will evolve into a living entity. I am that entity. Perhaps at some future date I will explain more, but we must get to the next part of your journey.”

Spock nodded, “I agree. What exactly is the nature of this crossing?” Spock asked, motioning to the world around them.

Sheppard looked to Riker. “Perhaps you could provide your friends with seats or chairs or something like that.”

Riker nodded his head, and in an instant several chairs appeared, and even a crib for the now sleeping baby Elaine. They all took a seat around Sheppard.

“Now,” Sheppard said to them all, “I will briefly explain what has happened, where you are going, and how we can save all those whose lives are endangered.”

Sheppard told them the story, a most incredible story indeed.

(The universal question as to where life came from, and if there is life beyond that which you now exist, I will answer definitively. For our purpose, this is all you need to know. Beyond this plane of existence there is another plane that many, in fact, there are many. But I must be sure you understand, not all, in this part of the Universe will go to the place you will be going to. Who goes there, and why, I can not tell you as well. But I can tell that those who go will not take any knowledge of this plane of existence. That is the nature of things.

Once those in this plane move to the next plane they are no longer part of this universe, nor can they ever return. The Essians are the gate keepers for those who go into this next particular phase of the existence.

However, someone who made the Crossing, in other words, past this place that we now are sitting on these chairs, kept knowledge of his time in this universe, and has used it in the next phase. He is now setting out to conquer the world, the realm of the next plane. As it turned out, his destiny foretold of a time when a champion would rise up and overthrow his maniacal rule. That champion is the child you know as Elaine. What you call the essence of life came into being as the Wave, which was sent to destroy this plane, passed through the galaxy. In essence, Elaine’s life force spawned from the Wave the moment it passed through her mother’s womb. It replaced the essence which was already there. How this came to be, and why, I can not say.

The Essians, are powerless to stop any actions in then next realm. But they do know that she is the one, that in the next phase, will inspire many to rise up become the next ruler. So what must happen? Once she has made the crossing and with you five as her guardians, and takes her rightful place as the new ruler, all will be right. You must help her do this before another wave is powered up and sent through the galaxy again: for if this happens, all in this galaxy will perish.)

They all looked to Spock, to see if he had made since of what they had been told.

“If I understand what you have said,” Spock said, “the six of us will be, for a lack of a better term, reincarnated into this next plane. Once there, we must guide Elaine and assure that she becomes the future foretold leader of this other world.”

“Exactly,” Sheppard said to Spock, “That is exactly what you have to do.”

“Wait a second,” Capt Duell said, “I was listening too. If I heard you right, we will not take any knowledge of this plane into the next one. We will be, in fact, other people with other appearances. If that is the case, then how will we know what must do once we get there?”

“The Essians,” Sheppard said as he pointed up at the four glowing stars, “will use the last remnants of their once great power to assure that Mister Spock retains some remnant of his existence into that plane. Vulcans have a unique aspect of their existence..”

“Our Katra,” Spock said as he cut in on Sheppard. “You’re hope is that the Essians can keep my Katra intact as I evolve into the next level of being.”

“Riker,” Sheppard said, “will use his unique abilities to keep the Essians focused. But be warned,” Sheppard said, “These four Essians are the last of their kind. They have already accepted the fact that the power to insure your Katra’s survival into the next plane will require them to exude the last of their powers: They will cease to exist.”

“What part do I play in this crazy plan?” Cooper asked.

“That, I do not know,” Sheppard said. “As I said, some of you will continued down this path once your task in complete. Some of you will not. I will use my unique ability to focus your Crossing so that you end up in the correct plane of existence. Think of me as the Sheppard.”

Javah pointed to the other group, who were much farther away now, but could still be scene. “You said that we can’t come back, but if that’s true, who are they?”

Sheppard could only smile and say, “I am afraid that is something I can not tell you. Only your future can do that for you.”

“So: What do we do now?” Bynak asked.

Sheppard stood up from his chair, “We begin,” He said with an ominous tone, “the Crossing. And to do that, I must kill you.”

Continued--

Last edited: Dec 8, 2008
  6. Nerys Ghemor

Re: Star Trek; The Essians--The Path

Whoa...I think I'm about to lose some characters I really liked! :( Who knows if their personalities will be at all similar? It'll be interesting to see if there is anything I can recognize of any of them after this...

7. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Wow..you are VERY wise Mr. Ghemor...when they are reincarnated into that other world they will not only be different on the inside but the outside as well....And how do they connect with the Elaine and Tiberius Vulcan we recently saw on Septos-14 and what did they want with the Hurq treasure....only time will tell...

And what about Spock? Believe it or not I will get him back into our universe, somehow, so that he can be part of TREK XI lol...

Rob

8. Nerys Ghemor

I'm gonna miss Bynak, though...and even Duell grew on me after awhile.

:sniff...sniff...:

9. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I am interested in the comments between Older Elaine and the Vulcan Tiberius in the previous Balboa episode..we found out that his mother is Captain Michelle Duell. But who is his father? Spock??

And Sheppard states that someone died, went to the 'next plane' with his memories still intact and became a bad guy...just who is that person??? Well, of course I know already...but it will be interesting to see how this all shakes out..

Rob

10. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Star Trek; The Essians--Family

Star Trek: The Essians

[​IMG]

“Family”
    The Beginning

Spock stood along side Captain Riker, and the mysterious stranger named Sheppard, upon the barren domain of the crossing. It was a realm that seemed to stretch beyond infinity, with a calm sky dominated by four stars.

On the ground were the five other travelers who had accompanied Spock to the strange place. They were all dead. Their bodies were neatly placed next to each other, with a sixth space waiting for Spock. The famed Vulcan took one last look at his companions.

Captain Michelle Duell of the USS Balboa was the first Spock looked upon. She had an undeniable essence about her, Spock had concluded. In some ways she reminded him of another rebellious young Captain whom Spock had the good fortune of watching develop into the legend he would become, but also the friend he missed so much.

Next to her, on the ground, was Bynak, the First officer of the Balboa. Spock had heard James Kirk refer to the term wildcard many times in their adventures. Bynak’s future would be an interesting one in that it is known that a future version of Bynak would try to abduct the new born child, Elaine, on a small planet called Septos-14. Bynak’s strong will was undeniable, and it was evident to Spock that the Cardassian had bonded with the mother of the child, and swore to protect it at all cost.

Javah Halmes, the young Bajoran male, Spock did not know too well. But from what he could tell, Spock was sure that Halmes was an honorable man, but with conflicting issues that he was still dealing with. No doubt, Spock realized, most of Halmes’ life was spent fighting against the Cardassian oppression on Bajor. It had no doubt contributed to the person Halmes was now. Yet, somehow, the desire to answer those demons was a trait that Halmes used to keep him self going on, from day to day. His ability to do just that would be a very valuable asset. Halmes dedication was a character trait that was desired to survive the transition into the next plane.

Evan Cooper, next in line, was a conman. He had made a life for him self by smuggling goods, and skirting the law in the process. Cooper’s ability to think on his feet, and his natural ability to see through lies, would be a valuable if not stable asset.

Finally, at last, there was Baby Elaine, who was still awake, held by Captain Riker. She was the key player in all of this.

Riker smiled at the baby in his arms, and then he looked to Sheppard. “How exactly is this baby girl going to save our galaxy?” Riker asked.

“In the next plane,” Sheppard said, “she will be the one who unites the people of that world, a world called Hotep. She will inspire them to fight for their freedom. She is destined to slay the leader of that world: an evil man named Morinva. She will then help establish an order that will bring ten thousand of their eons of peace.”

“Excuse me,” Riker said with a look of doubt on his face. “You mean to tell me that the mundane struggle on some simple world holds the key to our survival in this reality: our so called plane of existence? Do you know how incredibly unbelievable that sounds?”

Sheppard smiled, “Yes I do, Captain Riker. The Essians,” Sheppard said as he pointed at the four stars, “are very powerful entities. They could destroy the universe, if they should decide too. And yet their fate, and yours, will be determined by the actions of this small child on that new world. Such is the way things are.” Sheppard said as he reached out and patted the head of Baby Elaine.

Riker looked over the dead bodies of the other travelers. “Are they dead? Will they ever come back to this plane? And what about Spock, and this baby: are they destined to die as well?”

“We all die, Captain Riker,” Spock said. “And as I understand it, I shall, the six of us in fact, shall live again in this next plane.” Spock looked to Sheppard. “I take it that Morinva, the ruler of Hotep, is the one who came from our plane and maintained the knowledge of his existence here.”

Sheppard smiled, “Yes Mister Spock, he is the one. And strangely enough, he too was a Vulcan in this existence.”

“Fascinating,” Spock said. “And what was his name when he existed as a Vulcan?”

Sheppard didn’t blink, and smiled when he replied, “His name was Sybok.”

Spock was actually speechless. It was a name he had not expected to hear ever again. Sybok, Spock’s half brother, and also a son of Sarek, had come under the influence of an entity that promised the ultimate knowledge, but was proven to be nothing more than a powerful entity, a fraud in fact.

“It is no accident that the Essians chose you. Your brother, by his sheer will, was able to keep his knowledge of this place. Unfortunately, it was his sanity that took him in another direction,” Sheppard said to Spock. “From that moment on, you were destined to follow the path your brother took. It is believed that you will be able to reason with him enough so that Elaine can do what must be done.”

“Then I shall take the knowledge of this plane into the next one as well?” Spock asked.

“Not knowledge, more to the point of who you are.”

“Will he,” Riker repeated, “and the others come back?” Riker asked as he looked at the now smiling baby in his arms.

“I can not tell you such answers,” Sheppard said.

“No,” Riker said with his own forced smile, “of course not.”

“But I will tell you both this,” Sheppard said, “The journey that Spock, and these others, will take has just begun.” He motioned to the small group of other travelers who were now just dots far, far away.

Riker squint his eyes closer, trying to get a better view of the strangers far in the distance. “I only count three,” Riker said. He also noticed that they were, pulling by rope, a strange object.

“You have your answer,” Sheppard said finally. “Not all of them,” Sheppard said as he looked at the five bodies on the ground, “will continue down the path.”

Suddenly the four stars pulsed, causing the lighted sky to darken for a moment.

“It is time,” Sheppard said to Spock. “Your friends are ready make the crossing. With any luck, you and baby Elaine will now join them and the journey will begin. Most of what you will experience on Hotep will be driven by that which guides you from inside,” Sheppard said. “Keep the child safe. She must follow through on to what is to come. It is her destiny.”

Spock nodded then raised his hand, and gave them both, Sheppard and Riker, the Vulcan hand salute. “Live long and prosper.”

And with that said, Spock closed his eyes, and died. Riker and Sheppard put his body next to Evan Coopers. Riker set the baby atop Spock’s motionless chest.

“And now,” Sheppard said to Riker. “We must do our part.”

“I’m not even sure what you want me to do.” Riker said.

Sheppard chuckled, “Just by being here, you are doing more than you could know. The Essians, even as we speak, are accessing the Q force with in you to help focus their power.”

“Oh,” Riker said with an air of disbelief, “that’s all.”

And with that, Sheppard became what he was, an essence of light. The Sheppard light rose into the sky. Then, in an instant, the light streaked across the sky, and was followed by six other streaks of light. Then, with out warning, the four Essian stars, three yellow one blew, all pulsed and then….

--

Riker was disorientated. He could hear voices. He forced his eyes open to get a grip of where he was. He was laying on a field, bathed in warm sunlight. The voices were asking him if he was harmed at all, and if he could sit up. Riker nodded and sat up.

Two people, obviously worried about his well being, seemed relieved that he was okay. One of them was an attractive young girl, at best sixteen years old. The other was a Vulcan, he too no more than sixteen years old. And, more interesting, was the length of the Vulcan’s hair. It was tied into a tight tail down to his waist.

“Where am I?” Riker asked. His throat was very dry, as if he had not had water for days. Plus, he had no memory of how he came to be where he was.

“We are on the planet Septos-14,” Elaine said to Spock. “My name is Elaine.”

Riker seemed to recognize the name, but then he couldn’t. It was as if he should remember her name, but something held him back. He looked to the Vulcan.

“My name,” the Vulcan youth said, “is Tiberius. And it would be wise to get you to shelter and water inside you before we start calling you by your new name: Dead man.”

Elaine giggled, “That was actually funny.” She looked to Riker. “Don’t mind him, he is just getting used to using humor. You’ll be just fine. There is a Federation camp just a few miles away, and a settlement as well.”

They helped Riker on to his feet, and began to walk across the field.

Continued Next Week
    Star Trek: The Essians

Riker, Elaine and Tiberius will continue their adventure in
    Star Trek: Shuffle the Deck
    Septos-14

11. Nerys Ghemor

Re: Star Trek; The Essians--Family

Good to see the survival of Elaine and Tiberius...what I don't understand is how they wound up on Septos-14 if they were supposed to be in another dimension. Unless the battle they were supposed to have fought has already been won?

Man...I almost cried seeing all of their bodies. And also knowing that the awful future we saw with Bynak might still come to pass even after he's gone through death...let's hope not.

12. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Re: Star Trek; The Essians--Family

Very perceptive...about Elaine and Tiberius...here is how I would see it as of now..

We know from an earlier line that Michelle Duell is the mother of Tiberius. Of course this is Kirk's middle name, so I think Spock was involved with the naming of this Vulcan. Now, what are they doing on Septos-14? And what did the three who made it off of Septos-14 in the earlier episode take with them, that they are now pulling by rope on the 'inbetween' world where we last saw Sheppard and Spock.

For obvious reasons, Riker was not allowed to keep his memory. And I believe it no accident that he was sent where he was sent; Septos-14. Sheppard obviously wanted him there.

The USS BALBOA, by the way, won't becoming back to Septos-14 for some time, if at all. That is why SEPTOS-14 will now get its own spoke on the Shuffle The Deck wheel...

Rob
    scorpio

13. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Star Trek; The Essians--Knowledge

STAR TREK: SHUFFLE THE DECK
    T h e E s s i a n s

(some events eluded to in this story are events from STAR TREK: SHUFFLE THE DECK.)

“Knowledge”

The small village of Ciapa was just one of thousands of villages that dotted the world of Hotep. They were a common people that dwelled, for the most part, in the large forests that dominated the world. Their lives were simple and peaceful, because dissent was not allowed. Their world was ruled by a tyrant who came to power many solar cycles in the past. His name was Morinva. Yet, both he and the people of Hotep, all knew his eventual destiny. A champion would come from one of the villages, and with this champion would come the power to destroy Morinva, and establish eons of peace for all.

There was only one person who knew from what village the champion would come from. And he had waited for several cycles of the sun as well. His name was Sheppard. He was one of the village elders, and he knew exactly which day the champion would be born: And that day had come.

He stood near the birthing hut and could hear the screams of the woman giving birth. He knew what was about to happen, and made his way toward the hut. His legs were old, but he pushed himself onward. He reached the simple door, made of branches and leaves, and went inside.

Blood flowed out of the mother’s vaginal canal and onto the table. The midwife had her hand inside of the mother. The child was in a breech position. It was clear to all who gathered inside of the hut that mother would not survive. Aside from Sheppard, and the midwife, there were four others in the hut. There was the mother, Taicin, who would not live much longer. Standing to her side, with his hand on her head, was her husband Pyat. Though he was Taicin’s husband, he was not the father of her child.

The midwife, who was trying with all her ability to make sure the infant survived, was named Corinth. And stand behind her was the village elder, Torvin. Moments later the crying of a baby could be heard as midwife took the child out of the mother. The infant was taken over to a sink of water, and cleaned by the midwife. Sheppard watched all of this, knowing that all of their lives depended on that new born child.

The baby girl was cleaned and wrapped in blankets. The infant was finally brought over her mother: Taicin. It would be the only time mother and daughter would look at each other.

“My child is beautiful,” Taicin said as tears trickled out of her eyes as she looked upon her child. “I will call you Maram.”

The mother kissed her child. Then, just as silent as the wind, Taicin closed her eyes and passed away.

The child, with eyes wide opened, was handed to Sheppard. It was now his sole responsibility to see to the safety of the baby girl.

“Your wife was strong,” Torvin, the village leader, said to Pyat. “The immaculately conceived child will be the savior of us all. She knew this. Taicin gave her life, and now with this new light, this new ray of hope, we shall at last find salvation.”

“My wife’s path was not chosen by her, and yet she followed it, never once challenging her path.” Pyat said. He looked down at his wife’s lifeless, but peaceful face. “I love you. I hope you will wait for me beyond what ever door you have passed.”

Sheppard took the child, and left the birthing hut. He had much to do to prepare the girl for her eventual ascension of her destiny. The others: had to be found.

--

Morinva (played by Terrence Stamp), the tyrannical leader of Hotep, stared out at the valley below his large Dominion, his home. Built upon the tallest hillside, it contained not only his home, but his army as well. Morinva had learned that only through force could peace flourish. And yet, as he stared out at the valley, which was dotted with the lights of several hundred living abodes, he knew that down there, somewhere, the who would slay him and take his place was born.

Obriah (played by Jason Isaacs) his chief aid, who had the ability to see things beyond what was, stood behind him.

“The child is born, Morinva.” Obriah said. “The final bricks have been laid down on your path. You no longer need to dream of what is to come, for the dreams have all come true.”

Morinva nodded his head. “I will not follow a predestined path, Obriah. I have knowledge, knowledge that has survived death. I know that this child will come to slay me. You are my herald and yet, I also know who her herald will be. For in my past life he was called Spock: and he was my brother. I instinctively will know what he will do at the crucial moment, and that is where I will change destiny. These so called bricks will crumble upon the weight of my will.”

“Time will tell,” Obriah said, “time will tell.”
    --

On the other side of the Crossing was another existence. It was from this other plane that Morinva had come from: as all from Hotep would come from. And on a small world in that other existence, a world called Septos-14, the child, Maram, lived as well. Here, she was called Elaine. And as she listened to Captain Riker and the others plan for the arrival of the Thraval, Elaine closed her eyes. She still had memories of another life. She remembered looking up at her mother. The woman was in her memory was not from this existence, Marcy Rose. This other woman, who Maram only saw once, was named Taicin. Even though she was but an infant, the memory of her smiling mother was clear. How she could retain the memories of two lives, she did not know: but she did.

“You can not change what was, and what will be.” Tiberius said as he opened his eyes and saw Elaine thinking pensively. “Sheppard, and my father, have done much to protect us from our choices. Do not let your two lives become one.”

Elaine looked to Tiberius. “Sheppard left us here,” Elaine said. “Why?”

Tiberius could only answer one way, “I do not know. The Sheppard works in mysterious ways.”

--
    Across the galaxy, deep in the Gamma-Quadrant, a Vaadwaurian warship, and its crew, guarded a most incredible secret. For as it was, the commander, Gawthar, had knowledge as well. It was knowledge that he too had kept from his prior existence in another plane. And he would use this knowledge, and he would employ the secret, when the exact moment came.

--
    Captain Everett West was very pleased. He stood on the outside of the massive saucer section, along with most of the crew of the Balboa. Lt. Anrolla has expertly landed the Balboa’s saucer section on the dry lake bed. The shuttle crafts had landed, in formation, near the saucer section. Just as they had done on Septos-14, work parties spread out and looked for resources that could be used if need be from the uncharted world.

The Tricorders we limited due to the strange affects of the system’s companion star. But, as they had on Septos-14, they would not let the lack of some technologies slow what had to be done. At that moment Lt. Kral and LTjG Garman came up to him.

“Sir,” Kral said, “We have some interesting data I would like to share with you.”

S’ovak, who had been talking with Lt. Commander Thron, came over to where West and Kral were. He wanted to hear what information they had as well.

“What is it?” West asked.

“Even with the limited use of sensors,” Kral told Captain West and S’ovak, “Mr. Garman and I have been able to determine that the degradation of the containment fields was indeed caused by a Gauss-Bonnet implosion of the fields of epic proportions.”

LtjG Tom Garman took over. “It would explain the reason why the Inverse Phasing worked as much as it did.”

“Well,” West said, “Then we’re lucky the breach didn’t happen sooner than it did.” West concluded.

“Yes Sir,” Kral said, “But a Gauss-Bonnet effect on this level, and this speed, can not be explained away only by pointing at the companion star. There must be another source, nearby, to this system to have this kind of result.”

“What are you saying?” West asked. “That the Gauss-Bonnet was manufactured? We all know that is impossible.”

“We realize that,” LTjG Garman said, “But the equations don’t lie.”

Captain West was happy to see Garman enforcing his statements. He showed promise for future command postings.

“All right,” West said to them both, “If the companion star can not account for it, and if it was indeed created by artificial means, then where is it emanating from?”

Kral thought for a moment. “There are twelve planets in this system. Based upon where we were when the field density began to drop, I’d say, based on our course, something, or someone on the seventh planet is where I beleive we will find the answer.”

“Then,” West said to her, “once we get settled in down here, we’ll take one of the shuttlecrafts and go visit the seventh planet.”

Kral and Garman nodded acceptance of his orders, and went about their duty. S’ovak turned to Garman.

“West, Are you sure it is wise to go there?” S’ovak asked. “If the affect your officers were talking about is manufactured, you might not find yourselves alone on that seventh planet.” He then made another observation. “With out a warp engine anymore, does any of this matter?”

West pondered the question. “Maybe not now,” West replied. “But anyone who possessed the power to do what they have done: I am quite sure they would want to keep it a secret, at all costs.”

S’ovak understood completely. “Then I suggest that you have your security department set up secure locations just incase. I will have my Romulan personal assist in any way needed.”

West nodded in agreement. He looked up at the sky which was starting to show the first signs of stars. Why was it that the situations never seemed to stop piling on, he asked himself. There was no reply. He pulled him self from his thoughts and set out to find Commander Shigeru.

--
    STAR TREK ESSIANS will continue next weekend!!!

In the meantime!!

Continued
    STAR TREK
    SHUFFLE THE DECK

Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
  14. Nerys Ghemor

Re: Star Trek; The Essians--Knowledge

Oooh...very creepy! Of course, while Morinva seems to know what Spock will do--I wonder if he can so accurately predict the actions of the others?

15. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Re: Star Trek; The Essians--Knowledge

Ummm...no he cant..and that will suprise the crap out of him

The hard part of this story is writing the backward time stuff with out giving to much of what will happen with Spock and company in the other plane...and you gotta know that SPOCK and SYBOK are going to meet somewhere down the line..and that will be fun to write...

Rob

16. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Star Trek: Shuffle the Deck-Essians WORLD OF HOTEP

Star Trek: Shuffle the Deck: THE ESSIANS
    -the world of HOTEP-

“Fortune”

A yellow colored fish was puzzled by the strange looking worm that was wriggling in the water. The worm did not sink, nor did it swim on, or fall to the floor of the lake. Instead, the worm just hung there in water. With out any worry, the fish took the bait and surrounded the worm with its mouth.

On the planet of Hotep, most villages and towns were positioned near one of the many streams, or rivers, that crisscrossed forests of the world. And on this day, a young child named Robern was fishing. Even though he was blind, and had been that way since his birth, he still liked to fish. He felt a small tug on his line and then pulled back with all his might. Because he had caught so many fish before, Robern knew exactly where to pull the rod back to. And, sure enough, he reached his hand and felt the nearly invisible line that dangled before his unseeing eyes.

His hands made their way down the line, on to the hook, and to the fish that was wriggling to be set free. Not want to delay the fish’s life too much longer, Robern threw the yellow fish back into the water.

The fish was back in the water. For moment it felt as if it were flying, but now it was back in the water: but where was the worm???

--
    Robern, although he was blind, was very adept with his walking cane. It was made from a large branch that his father had found one day. Though, due to the fact that Robern was growing, nearing the age of 10 cycles, a new cane would soon be needed. As he made his way through the forest, and back toward the village, he was unaware that he was being monitored by an old man.

The old man, his name being Sheppard, was holding a sleeping baby named Maram. He whispered to the small baby.

“That young man,” Sheppard said, “will be your guide for what will come. He will know things about Morinva that are beyond all time and space.”
    --
    For the next several years, as Maram was raised by the older man in a nearby town, Robern would become wise beyond his years; No doubt due to his past life as a Vulcan. From time to time Sheppard would monitor the growing boy, checking in on his progress. For when the time was right and it would be soon, it would be time to introduce Robern to Maram. The Sheppard would help find the rest of their unique following, and then the final thread would be in place to take down Morinva’s rule over Hotep once and for all.

Continued…soon

17. Nerys Ghemor

Re: Star Trek: Shuffle the Deck-Essians WORLD OF HOTEP

Aha...so we have Elaine and Spock figured out. I'll be interested to see who the rest reincarnate as!

18. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Next up..Bynak!!

Rob

19. Nerys Ghemor

OOOOH! :cardie:

Now, what I find fascinating--and hopefully a hint of the future, is that this boy Spock's reincarnated as doesn't sound Vulcan at all. Yet Tiberius definitely is. So that does give me some hope where I wasn't so sure before.

20. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Tiberius has an interesting future ahead of him...and very soon, on the next installment of BALBOA, someone is going to put two and two together...We have a vulcan/human offspring on one hand, and in the other we have the fact that Kirk was friends with Spock, and Kirk's middle name was Tiberius...hmmmmm...I wonder if there is a connection..

Rob
    Scorpio