Cast the Characters of Trek Literature

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Haval_Runa, Apr 10, 2006.

1. alicelouise

alicelouise Commander Red Shirt

To KRAD: Who would you cast as Captain Gold of the USS Da Vinci? I know this thread has 44 pages and I haven't read all of them. I keep picturing Jerry Orbach of Law and Order filling that role.

2. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

There's a very useful function on this board with witch you can search in single threads like this one. I found this post when I searched for Gold in this thread. :)

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

I still think Judd Hirsch would make a great Gold.

4. KRAD

KRAD Keith R.A. DeCandido Admiral

Well, Jerry Orbach has the distinct disadvantage of being dead. :lol: Having said that, he might've been able to pull it off.

But the template for Gold has always been Harry Morgan's portrayal of Colonel Sherman Potter on M*A*S*H, only Jewish. :)

5. BrotherBenny

BrotherBenny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How about Jessy Schram for Christine Vale?

She played Hannah (Logan's girlfriend) in Veronica Mars and Susan Davis in the Jane Doe film series. She is a bit too young, but that's not really an issue in the 24th century since she could be forty and look like twenty.

She looks hot and can sing too, perfect for when Riker plays his trombone.

Speaking of which, why hasn't he done so yet on board Titan??

6. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

As I recall that actress from Veronica Mars, she was cute but anorexically skinny. Starfleet officers are supposed to be physically fit, not emaciated. She also doesn't strike me as Vale's type in any way aside from being human and female.

7. BrotherBenny

So you're saying that Katee Sackhoff is still the number one contender for the...number one of Titan?

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I used to think Sackhoff was a good choice, but then I came to thoroughly loathe her Starbuck character... but then she was really good as Sarah Corvus on Bionic Woman. So I guess I'm agnostic about her. My mental image of Vale these days is based somewhat on Patricia Tallmann (Lyta from B5 and one of the bad guys in TNG: "Starship Mine"), but not entirely on any one person.

9. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

Add in "hot", and I suspect you have the extent of the criteria for most of the casting in this thread.

10. ClayinCA

ClayinCA Commodore Commodore

You know, whenever I read a book featuring Vale, I always knew there was someone in particular I imagined "as" her, but I could never put my finger on it. I now realize that it was Pat Tallman I was imagining. Thanks for clearing that up for me! :)

11. BrotherBenny

What about Leslie Bibb? She was in "Popular" (alongside Anthony Montgomery) and then played an FBI agent in a short-lived series I can't remember, plus a few guest appearances on several shows, including CSI: Miami, IIRC.

12. KRAD

I remember her from Crossing Jordan, and -- meh. Not really what I picture for Vale. *shrug*

13. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

For the role of Captain Gold, I've always pictured Leslie Nielson.

14. William Leisner

William Leisner Scribbler Rear Admiral

Yeah, I can see it now:

Star Trek: Corps of Engineers... IN COLOR!

... also starring Lee Bergere as Abraham Lincoln.

15. KRAD

^ In all seriousness, Nielsen used to be a romantic lead in his younger days, most famously in Forbidden Planet. And I can actually see him doing justice to Gold.....

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

EDIT Because I didn't realize that the question I was asking was actually in the process of being answered right now.:censored::brickwall:

17. KRAD

^ Dude, scroll up like 14 posts or so -- Defcon quoted an old post of mine with my answers to that question....

18. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I saw that as soon as I posted that, so went back and edited the question away.

19. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

"My name is Captain David Gold, USS Da Vinci. There'd been a recent wave of gorgeous Risan fashion models found naked and unconscious in engine rooms across the Alpha Quadrant. Unfortunately, I was assigned to investigate the breakdown of Earth's weather control system. I was down in engineering when the call came in..."

"Who are you? How'd you get in here?"
    "I'm in Starfleet. And, I'm in Starfleet."

"Our next stop was the USS Little Italy..."

"We're sorry to bother you at a time like this, Soloman. We would have come earlier, but your Bynar partner wasn't dead then."

20. KRAD

^ *snarfs iced tea*