Breaking: Bad Robot Releases Another Alternative International Trailer

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Shilliam Watner, Mar 22, 2013.

1. yousirname

yousirname Commander Red Shirt

Re: Breaking: Bad Robot Releases Another Alternative International Tra

We saw Lore had some kind of auto-activated transport in Brothers. It doesn't seem too advanced a technique.

2. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

I thought about that after I posted. :) Also, in DS9 we saw that the runabout could transport individuals as well.

But I guess I assumed he will have an ally because of the time period and that it would be cooler IMO.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.

3. RAMA

RAMA Admiral Admiral

One thing i can see, we'll see more UFP starships closer up than any other ST movie. Most of STFC's ships were indistinct.

4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm gonna skip Iron Man 3 so I can see this film a few times the weekend it comes out. I'm just more interested in this than more "I have a suit I need to wear to help solve all the problems" superhero angst.

5. Burke

Burke Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

:eek: Carol Marcus!

6. greenlight

greenlight Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I'm going to go out on a limb and make a prediction. Apologies in advance if it's been made somewhere else already.

I'm going to guess that maybe the Enterprise doesn't crash. Every crashing shot so far is either clearly not the Enterprise or not necessarily the Enterprise. Maybe whatever battle has damaged the 1701 so badly that it's in its death spiral has also damaged the other federation ship (the water crashing shot). Maybe the other ship is an ally of the 1701 that just doesn't fare as well or maybe Harrison has control of it and is using it to battle Kirk's.

So maybe in the big climax, Scotty and the gang manage to halt their free fall just in time but the other ship doesn't make it. My other guess would be that maybe the water crash occurs earlier in the film as Harrison is wreaking havoc on the federation. Maybe we'll see several anonymous federation ships bite the dust.

7. greenlight

Now assuming it does crash, I have no particular opinion on whether JJ would be more likely to 1) show the crash as leaving the ship salvageable and have it fixed up as good as new, 2) show the crash as leaving the ship salvageable and have it refitted and look substantially different, or 3) have it destroyed and have an entirely new ship. I'm not even sure what my preference would be. Thoughts?

8. SeerSGB

SeerSGB Admiral Admiral

There's a shot in the trailer of the Enterprise laid up in the yards. Brief shot, but it has the feel of a reveal shot. Which has had me thinking that maybe the shot comes from later in the movie after they've repaired the ship.

9. greenlight

The only thing I can see that would qualify as "laid up in the yards" would be the shot tracking the shuttle as the 1701 comes into view and that really looks like it's just docked at the starbase. Is that the one you're talking about? I suppose that could be at the very end and show a repaired Enterprise but that would seem awfully quick. If any of my three options are correct, I was thinking they'd probably hold off until the next movie, like they did between 'Generations' and 'First Contact'.

Also, as I re-watch it, you see a brief glimpse of the primary sensor at 1:59 that looks like it could be the 1701.

Geez, speculation is like crack.

10. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

And that's why you don't have open plan starship interiors. Seriously, the brewery didn't only look dumb, it was wildly impractical and unsafe. :p

Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  11. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I never thought of it that way. I hope you're right.

12. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Geeze and I thought other folks had brutal plans for Star Trek Fans that didn't agree with them

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I think it's more of a
    "I have a suit I need to wear and so does my girlfriend and then I have these other 42 suits I don't need to wear"
    kind of thing.

14. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah that's part of it, but I think my complaint applies to the current superhero trend which has gone a bit overboard.