The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah it was definitely an odd choice to have Bane sound like... Werner Herzog?

Um, okay...

2. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

Personally I like how he sounds (the voice is very creepy) but that said, it could be a little bit clearer.

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen the preview, but it didn't seem that hard to understand him in the leaked footage from the football stadium.

4. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

I saw the prologue, it looks pretty effing awesome. Bane's a bit hard to understand at times, but I'm sure they can do something with it for the final cut.

5. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Is this going to be Nolan's legacy?

Screwing up Batman and Bane's voice?

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have long stated that I think Bale's voice is the result of Bruce not having perfected his voice and not caring at this juncture what his voice sounds like. It is supposed to sound the way it does. It bothered me at first...mostly because I was used to Kevin Conroy's smooth barrotone (or however it is spelled). It is raw and emotional and violent just like Bruce himself at this point. Bane has a mask filter of some kind over his mouth so naturally he's gonna sound a bit muffled.

7. I heard somewhere (unconfirmed) that Nolan isn't a fan of ADR... which would explain why there's always odd little voice problems (there were stretches and bits both Begins and TDK where I found it hard to hear/understand the first time).

8. archeryguy1701

archeryguy1701 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I can't remember whether I read it here or elsewhere, but I thought I read somewhere that Nolan heard the complaints about Bane's voice in the preview and he said that they're not done working on the sound yet and that there will be changes.

9. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess it'll be a shotgun marriage, then.

10. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Prologue has been leaked

I assume everyone can easily search for it on the net. As with trekbbs conduct please don't post links to it.

The montage at the end has me more excited than ever!

11. Admiral_Young

The trailer has leaked as well. Warner Bros has been working to take down both as quickly as they've been uploaded online.

12. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

This is why I hate fans and support measures to counter piracy.

Seriously? How long has the thing been out? Its already out there being pirated?

(non)Fucking nerds, the lot of them.

13. Admiral_Young

I remember reading somewhere that "The Dark Knight" (the actual entire film) was online a record 48 minutes after it's release and being mind boggled by that. The trailer was attached to "Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows" which has come out already I guess or with early screenings and of course the prologue early screening was last night. It's inevitable with these things nowadays.

14. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Inevitable, perhaps. Still inexcusable.

15. Admiral_Young

16. Aeon

Aeon Commander Red Shirt

The trailer certainly seemed interesting, even though the quality was piss poor.

17. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

The trailer is amazing, even in the terrible quality.

It looks like Gotham has been in so called "peace" for some time, and Gordon has been a big part of that. I guess Bane comes along and destroys that peace, but what's really interesting is that it seems Selina Kyle knows that a "storm is coming".

Cool looking action scenes , Bane looks badass, and I'm pretty sure you see Bruce Wayne hobbling with a cane too.

Do we seriously have to wait until July?

18. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm gonna wait for the official HD version of the trailer. Is the prolouge going to be released officially online anywhere?

20. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

If The Dark Knight was any indication, the prologue itself will never actually be released online. The trailer is expected to hit the Internet on Monday.