Story Requests and Ideas

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by IzzyAtWarp9, Sep 17, 2013.

1. IzzyAtWarp9

IzzyAtWarp9 Commander Red Shirt

Only making it coz there doesn't seen to be one here. I'm not looking for requests to write myself, just if others want ideas for stories of want a story written, come look here.

Ideas

In The High Ground from Beverly being taken to we seeing her again
    What would happen if Julian met Khan

2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Can you provide any FREE samples ... to entice ... to whet the proverbial appetite?

3. ykickamoocow

ykickamoocow Ensign Red Shirt

Well if this is a request thread then I have a request.

Star Trek Enterprise set around the mid point of season 2. The Enterprise is at warp when they detect some slightly strange readings from a nearby nebula. They stop to investigate and when they enter the nebula they find a powered down Sovereign class starship.

The crew do a scan and find they cannot penetrate the hull but they see the markings of USS Sovereign (or another name) which confuses them greatly. Archer organises a boarding party to see what is happening and when they get on board they find the ship with very little damage but completely empty.

Basically I am wondering with the idea what would happen if Earth suddenly aquired technology hundreds of years more advanced than another else in their area of space and what would happen when they managed to get the USS Sovereign working and took it back to Earth for study.

4. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How about ...

... how about a STAR TREK: THE EXPENDABLES, utilizing many of the surviving STAR TREK leads from past decades?

5. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

I'd like to see a story set during the original series timeline, the constitution class starship U.S.S Lincoln takes a trip to deep space nine of that era, would be interesting

6. Angry Fanboy

Angry Fanboy Captain Captain

Angry Fanboy

With respect, that isn't a exactly a story idea. ;)

It's an interesting enough premise as a little alternate-reality fic - certainly the 2150s Earth Starfleet having a starship from two centuries in the future to reverse-engineer would have significant consequences to the Star Trek Enterprise universe, chief among them Earth soon becoming more technologically advanced than their Vulcan associates if they didn't grant them access to the new ship.

Perhaps the Vulcans would attempt to take the ship by force in an attempt to stop Earth's technological quantum leap (pun intended) over them, or because they decide that they themselves would be the safest pair of hands for such a gift from the future.

As I said, very interesting... :)

7. surak-toc

surak-toc Commander Red Shirt

ok, how about this, the constitution class starship U.S.S Lincoln is summoned to deep space on orders sent to Starfleet to undertake a mission of great importance, to stop a war between the cardassians and the romulans....

that's all i got.

8. ykickamoocow

ykickamoocow Ensign Red Shirt

Re: Angry Fanboy

That is what I am thinking as well. Earth would also have access to the new ships database so they would know about the Federation but would they try and bring the other 3 main races in on it. Could they actually give this technology to the Andorians, Vulcans and Telorites (spelling) as historically giving technology away that gives a tactical advantage isn't easy.

Plus what about T'Pol as she is going to know about this ship and Starfleet would want her to for now remain quiet about it but she might be compelled to tell Sovol about what they discovered since it is going to affect the Vulcan's so much and what would Sovol do as we know from the 4th season that despite how he acts in the second season he actually quite likes earth.

What about if the Andorians hear about it as they might assume the Vulcans now have this technology and if they do not attack now then in a few months time the Vulcans might be to powerful to stop.

Annyway I am glad you found the story idea interesting as I do as well.

9. Angry Fanboy

Angry Fanboy Captain Captain

Angry Fanboy

Mmmm I can vaguely picture an explosive stand-off between the people in charge of Starfleet and the Vulcan ambassadors when the Vulcans demand the ship be turned over to them or they will have no choice but to take it by force -"we can not allow a primitive race such as humanity remain in possession of such a spacecraft." :)

10. HaventGotALife

HaventGotALife Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I'm going to throw up something I wrote several months ago. I'm relinquishing any rights to the story. If someone wants to pick up where I left off, thought you might want to give it a go.

This is all I really had in finished form. The rest was outline and rough drafts on paper that I don't have the patience to put online.