*Spock/Zachary Quinto Appreciation Zone*

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cassy4, Jun 28, 2009.

1. FarStrider

FarStrider Commander Red Shirt

I think someone actually has a web site dedicated to Zach's hats. . .I know the one in that picture is called the "Fug Hat" in certain circles, and that it has a blue twin. . . and there was a recent party in New York that both Zach and Chris attended with them BOTH wearing hats. . .

2. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

That site has been mentioned in this thread a couple of times, at least. This post includes the link to the blog; unfortunately, the blog doesn't appear to have been updated in quite a while. I think my "dorky hat picture?" link a few posts up includes a photo from the New York event you mention.

3. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Seems like they hang out together quite a bit, its kinda nice to know that they get along in real life.

I am still confused as to whether the filming has or hasn't taken place especially as they have just announced that Carla Gugino and Stanley Tucci have joined the cast (you've gotta admit it is one hell of a cast) - though I would question the release date as they seem to be shopping it around for both domestic and international distribution at Cannes and I can't see how they can have a release date without a distributor.

The Internet, Making Stalking Easier. :lol:

4. trekprincess

trekprincess Ensign

I wonder how Zachary is taking the news that Heroes has been axed bigger and better projects for him.

5. M'Sharak

M'Sharak Definitely Herbert. Maybe. Moderator

That is kind of puzzling, and now IMDb gives the status as "Pre-production". Could that earlier photo have been just a photo, taken for purposes of pitching the project only? There's nothing in the Twitter post containing the link to the photo which says that filming was underway at the time the picture was taken.

It's a weakness of mine: put a sign in front of my face and I have to try to figure out where it is. Google and Google Maps are great toys, that way. :D

6. boobatuba

boobatuba Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm sure he's taking it like the professional he is. All good things and all that. He'll be fine. No need to worry about him, startrekrcks-startrekk-chriskirkgeek-jamestkirkfan-trekprincess.

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I just wonder whether he's done with TV for good. That would be a shame. It's too long between movies. :(

8. Etched

^He has said, even before Heroes was cancelled, that he wants to walk away from TV and concentrate on movies and theatre. He said that he doesn't like the politics of network TV. But I think he's also in a position where he's got an awful lot of opportunities in front of him in terms of where he takes his career and to be honest he'd be a bit of a fool to tie himself to another TV show any time soon.

And if any of you are theatre goers in the NY area you might be interested in this. Looks like ZQ will be playing Louis in an off-Broadway production of Angels in America this Autumn. He's been linked with this production pretty much since it was first announced so it seems likely the story is on the button even though its not yet official.

9. Pauln6

Pauln6 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The mini series was very good even if it was a bit trippy and the characters are all really colourful. I bet he'll have fun with that one - and it throws a bit more fuel on the gay bonfire for good measure :)

10. Etched

I know I'm pretty much the only one who posts in here but in case anyone is interested and because I got all confused about it earlier just thought I'd mention that Margin Call starts filming in NYC today and as well as ZQ himself, Kevin Spacey, Stanley Tucci and Carla Gugino the cast now includes Simon Baker, Penn Badgley, Paul Bettany and Demi Moore as well.

Which is pretty impressive by anyone's standards.

11. Ayesakara

Ayesakara Commodore Commodore

I'm a newbie to this thread, but I come with a very intense adoration for Mr. Quinto's nuSpock. And to show my appreciation, I'd like to post a mini ZQ picspam. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for the info on Margin Call, Etched! The cast sounds interesting, for sure.

Welcome, Ayesakara! Picspam all you want, babe. None of us are complaining. :) I'll just be over here melting...

Ha ha, that last picture-- I always laugh at how he tried to hide his jacked-up eyebrows with those huge glasses. I appreciate his suffering for the role.

13. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Welcome Ayesakara and thank you for the yummmmm....

14. Ayesakara

You're welcome. I too appreciate the sacrifices he made for the role. :D Good to know his eyebrows grew back in full force once more. Hee.

15. Ayesakara

You're welcome. ZQ yummm is always a welcome thing. :)

16. Etched

Welcome Ayesakara! :)

17. RandomPerson323

RandomPerson323 Cadet Newbie

Yikes, this thread is distracting me from work!!! :D

All the piccies of ZQ have certainly brightened my otherwise boring day!

18. Wynterhawk

Wynterhawk Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You know, I am missing all of the attention ZQ got when the movie was still hot. So many walking photos, inverviews, our constant adoration of his vocabularly and the piece by piece dissection of the beauty of his dark hair. Then there was Noah! I think more picspams are in order immediately. :D

19. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

I miss the fervor too, Wynter! This time next year, it should be back in full swing.

The man needs to go somewhere that requires a suit. It's been too long since I've seen ZQ suit pictures (and suited ZQ is my favorite kind of ZQ).

20. Etched

Can't do suits but I can do a trampoline:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have no idea what is going on here but its kind of adorable.

Margin Call has wrapped now, it was a very quick shoot, and I believe they are still talking about a September release. So lots of Zach in a suit for Tribbles but the release could be quite limited.

He's going to be doing two panels at Comic Con (Karl and Simon will also be pimping movies at CC too) one with Heroes creator Tim Kring and another to promote the first of the comic books Before The Door are putting out.

I sound like such a stalker :lol: but truthfully I just have too much time on my hands and spend most of it on the net.