Voyager for people who hate voyager

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Hespen, Feb 8, 2013.

1. DeepSpaceWine

DeepSpaceWine Commander Red Shirt

TNG Season 1 & 2 clips are far preferrable to that drek. No wonder "A Night at Sickbay" caused that audience exodus. It managed to be worse than I remembered it and I already held it in low regard. I'd rather watch an all-day marathon with the likes of "Spock's Brain", "Threshold", "The Fight", "Favorite Son", etc than that.

2. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually I avoided buying the first and second seasons of Enterprise cause i could not remember which season, "A Night in Sickbay," was in.

3. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved ALL the Phlox stuff in ANIS.

The Archer stuff was horribly embarrassing to watch.

4. DeepSpaceWine

Well, having been an ENT viewer back during its run (seen every episode except for TATV, and half-saw Marauders, The Seventh, thanks to how bad A Night in Sickbay was) and revisiting it recently alongside DS9 & Voyager, Seasons 1-2 on the whole can't hold a candle to DS9 or Voyager (minus certain episodes from Seasons 6-7). The acting is much more mediocre. Phlox was good (though Singularity & Vanishing Point did him no favors) but T'Pol was pretty crappy (Nimoy & Russ show how to play a Vulcan without being a mediocre actor). Archer, the acting was fine but his character was hard to respect. Reed was much more of a nasty jerk than I remembered. Mayweather might've been better if he had been given more lines (seems like he had more skill than Hoshi's actress). Or maybe it was just the direction that was the problem. Regardless, some whole episodes make Garrett Wang & Robert Beltran seem like Patrick Stewart & Avery Brooks in terms of acting. I haven't yet revisited the Xindi arc.

5. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I originally quit Enterprise near the start of season 3. Finally watching season 3 made me increase my Netflix rating of Enterprise from 1 star to 2 stars.

Looking forward to season 4. If I ever watch Enterprise again, I will start from the start of season 3. Can't remember a single episode I thought was more than 'okay' the first two seasons.

6. Udat

Udat Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Actually just finished watching the Xindi arc, I loved it! Makes the 4th season seem average.

7. Loskene

Loskene Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I hope the OP is joking about following the guide. Counterpoint, Living Witness, The Voyager Conspiracy, In the Flesh, Bride of Chaotica, One, The Omega Directive, Shattered, Q2.

So many good episodes that get the shaft in this guide, barely accurate. He got all the bad episodes but took a ton of good ones with him..

8. teacake

Why would anyone follow a guide, just watch the whole thing and make your own mind up. I've never understood this rush to see what varying reviewers say.

9. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

Way to Eden, Spock's Brain, Code of Honor, and Shades of Gray need to be watched once just so you can say you watched them all. Just never rewatch those episodes ever again if you hate them at much!:rommie:

10. teacake

I freaking love The Way to Eden.

11. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I like Move Along Home.

I see it as an average episode, a great concept poorly executed. If they had just come up with better puzzles, it could have been a really good episode.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I almost feel asleep twice when I first watched "The Alternative Factor"! :lol:

Wow, that episode sucked.

13. teacake

Alternative Factor is terrible.

Move Along Home, well I just don't like that concept in any show. As soon as I realize that's what we're in for I'm in pain. I think even more pain than boxing episodes give me. I do like all Quark eps though (other than Profit and Lace) so I don't skip this ep.

14. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I liked Code of Honor. Not that I thought it was a good episode, but it sure as hell is good for a laugh!

15. DeepSpaceWine

Code of Honor does have cheese going for it. It's the equivalent of mac & cheese or a grilled cheese for the eyes & ears. Give me a cheesy episode over a bad one any day. Move Along Home is a nice, cheesy episode. I do wish the Wadi were used again especially vis-a-vis DS9's crew trying to learn more about the Dominion. Or maybe they're protected because they send the Jem 'Hadar into a real game of life or death and they lose every time. I'd imagine a race genetically engineered to be soldiers wouldn't be good at games. It's a lopsided 'battle'field. :lol:

Move Along Home is soooo much better than Progress. You can pretty much get to the moment Kira beams down and just skip forward to the last moment. Saves the hassle of sitting through what is the slowest episode in Star Trek history.

16. Lance

Lance Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

"The Alternative Factor" is one of the worst pieces of Trek I've ever seen.
    Agreed. He seriously under-rates "Thirty Days", "11:59" and "Barge of the Dead" as well, all of them are excellent episodes. :bolian:

17. DavidLeeRoth

DavidLeeRoth Lieutenant Red Shirt

Voyager rawked. 'Nuff said.

18. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you're right, then we should probably close the forum down.

19. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Skimmed through it. I noted that it didn't care for the Tom Paris undercover/Seska arc, which is sensible, except that it didn't notice why the arc wasn't very good. Namely, Seska's plotting didn't make any sense, not having any believable aim.

As for the rest, most of the comments betrayed schizophrenic inconsistency, gross indifference to pretty much everything on screen, petty obsessions (aka fanboyishness) and a complete lack of critical insight.

Really, if that's what it takes to be a Voyager hater, makes you feel pretty good about your taste and judement.:lol:

20. DavidLeeRoth

DavidLeeRoth Lieutenant Red Shirt

I liked Seska and feel that she could have been used throughout the series. It's a shame that she was killed-off. She could have been the Dukat of Voy.