Insignia Class Starship c. 2299

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Patrickivan, Oct 25, 2012.

1. Patrickivan

Patrickivan Fleet Captain Newbie

I'm trying to keep it clean, JES... And I have recently seen those links you showed. Some actually reminded me of FASA's Northampton- the way the nacelles jut out. One of my fav ships.

I'm changing the class name to Ottawa. My favorite city and home to my employer, His Majesty Harper.

Here's just a wee image of what I'm working on. All those blasted windows.

The one inset window is also part for show. I included a turbolift docking port, which has always made sense to have... I'm not a huge fan of the inset windows, but the E-D had a few tastefully in place, so I'll do the same.

[​IMG]

2. Patrickivan

Ottawa Class Starship c. 2299

Ya- I'm keeping it Ottawa Class, and I'll still need a name for her. And changing the date to 2399

3. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

Wait, we're over-thinking the plumbing, making it easier to stop up the drain.

In case of power failure, it's held together by bits of string!

4. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ottawa is a good name, AFAIK not currently used, and yet deserving of attention.
    If you're having a hard time coming up with a name for the model itself, just make her the class ship, and think of additional class members later.

By strands of nano-carbon fiber tubule strings! Lighter and stronger than steel!

5. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

Hmmmm... this could work, too.

Just a quick sketch I tossed off between glasses of wine. And if you're all British and stuff, please feel free to insert "tosser" jokes here: ____________________.

[​IMG]

6. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

That's nice. I like the idea of wide flat nacelles. They would look nice in 3/4 views as well.

7. JES

JES Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I've never been all that keen into short nacelles myself, but not every design, even every nacelle design, can look the same.

This pair itself has a nice distinguishing look to distinguish it from the pack.

8. Patrickivan

Update time... Decided to mirror it for some full ship images... So many windows on this. So I made large ones to save some time. She's bigger then she looks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. erifah

erifah Captain Captain

Yeah, THAT'S what SHE said!

10. Patrickivan

I was looking at the windows and realized they are orientated the wrong way. Oh well. Thats what erase is for.

11. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Almost looks like the bow of a super star destroyer on the front view. Never thought SW and ST could enjoy one look--but you have gone and done it.