Toy Story 3?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by RobertScorpio, Jan 5, 2009.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I would be against them doing a TOY STORY 3. I thought #2 was the perfect follow up and, actually, it is my favorite of all of Pixar's stuff. The whole "I AM YOUR FATHER" bit was so funny, and message about letting go of the past was all there...Shrek 3 stunk to high heaven, and I liked those too....but to do Toy Story 3, I think, would be a big mistake...what do you think???

Rob
    scorpio

2. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

3. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

TS2 was a bloody enjoyable movie, there's no special reason why they shouldn't be able to make another good one.

But then i'm never against movies before they are made, I prefer to wait and see how they turn out.

4. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Please make TS3! My little boy is driving me nuts re-watching the first 2! Please, please, please!

5. Kaziarl

Kaziarl Commodore Commodore

lol, I know how you feel. mine won't go be happy unless she gets to see the backyardigans, she hasn't quite moved up to movies and older shows, but hopefully there will be a ts3 when she gets there

6. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

Mine's a freak-he ignores TV(except for Curious George and Word World) in favor of the Spiderman movies, Toy Story, Shrek and other Pixar/Dreamworks CGI. His latest fetish is Season One of Batman Beyond. Go figure. Just typical 2yr old fare....:wtf:

7. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

As leery as the news first made me.... I see that most all of the original voice actors are back. Don't see Annit Potts, but Tom Hanks, Tim Allen Don Rickles, Joan Cusack, Wallace Shawn, and John Ratzenberger are back. Ther eis a different director and writer than I recall from most of the other Pixar films, but they've chosen quality talent on these before. The story itself is the most criticial. That's been the focus before. That and the people crux are what Lasseter has based Pixar's creative juggernaut.

I'd still like to know to what extent Lasseter and Pixar itself are involved.

8. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

In addition the nearly the whole voice cast I liked what I heard some 8-10 months ago about the story, or one draft version of it.

Andy is headed to college and is packing up his room. As he comes across his childhood toys he is torn about what to do with them. His mom suggests they donate them to either a toy drive or orphanage so that they end up back in the hands of kids will play with them. The adventure then is where and with whom the toys end up and the new adventures they have as they adjust to life without Andy.

9. Arrqh

Arrqh Vice Admiral Admiral

As I recall, Disney was originally planning on making Toy Story 3 on their own before the Pixar acquisition (and were having trouble finding people to run the project as no one wanted to "cross" Pixar). But that version of the project was killed when Lasseter was made the chief creative officer of Disney and Pixar... so I wouldn't worry about this current iteration of the project, as it's definetely being done by Pixar under the supervision of Lasseter. And the director of the movie was the co-director of the second one.

Wikipedia seems to confirm my memory of the events, for whatever that's worth!

10. butch101

butch101 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No... There's no need for TS3. I thought the second one was great and a good conclusion to the story of Buzz and Woody. adding something else, I think, would be a mistake...

Butch

11. dragunzng

dragunzng Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I get the feeling they're taking their time with Toy Story 3, it seems they want to do it right. I don't see why there shouldn't be a sequel, it's not like Pixar is in the business of making crappy movies.

12. Danoz

Danoz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think Tom Hanks and Tim Allen sign on to a script that isn't half-way decent. Andy going to college? Lots of potential with this idea.

Remember, this is Pixar we're talking about. I really can't think of a bad Pixar movie.

13. Kail

Kail Commodore Commodore

I trust Pixar to do it right. I'll be there.

14. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

It's better than the Disney idea that floated around with all the Buzzs getting recalled. I know it will be good, it can't be any worse than the super hero movie they made.

15. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

I heard an idea where when Andy donates the toys they wind up in a preschool

16. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Andy's going to college? :wtf: But he's, what, eight in the original movies?

17. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

^Yeah, and by the time Toy Story 3 opens in theaters, it'll be 11 years since the last film, so if they pretend real time has passed, Andy could certainly be 18.

------------

It's now been almost a decade since Toy Story 2, and since Lasseter and his cohorts are firmly in control, I have no qualms about it. I will miss the late Jim Varney as Slinky Dog, though. :(

(On the other hand, I'm kind of wary of Cars 2, scheduled for 2011, which will be without Paul Newman and George Carlin.)

18. MoonlightSinatra

MoonlightSinatra Lieutenant Red Shirt

8+15=23. He should be just graduating, but I'll spot them for 1999, so we'll go with 8+11=19. Assuming, of course, it comes out in 2010.

19. Admiral James Kirk

Admiral James Kirk Writer Admiral

I can 't wait for TS3. Actually that's a lie. I've been waiting since 1999. 'bout time, boys! :D

20. trampledamage

trampledamage Clone Admiral

Good Lord! Has it really been that long since Toy Story 2?

I suppose it has, it just doesn't feel like it.