New Member With A Couple Questions

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RakeWorm, May 23, 2012.

1. RakeWorm

RakeWorm Guest

Hello, all! New member here. I was looking for a place to ask a couple questions of people with more Trek knowledge than myself.

First, I've never read any of the novels - where is a good place to start? There apparently is a huge number of them and I don't know where to get started.

My favorite series was Voyager, if that helps.

My other question is, what species is this character supposed to be? I don't recognize it:

[​IMG]

Thanks, and its nice to be here!

2. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Some of my favorite Trek books were the Strange New World series. They were anthologies, written by fans, and some of the BEST Trek stories I've ever written. They deal with all of the Trek casts.

As for this race? Just a made up one for the game.

Welcome to the boards.

3. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Well, there's also a sub-forum on this board devoted to Trek Literature. If you're a Voyager fan the new Voyager novels by Kirsten Beyer (starting with Full Circle) have received a lot of praise so they probably are a good place to start.

4. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you like Voyager, you'll want to check out Kirsten Beyer's novels - "Full Circle", "Unworthy", "To Brave the Storm" and the forthcoming "The Eternal Tide". These pick up the story of the Voyager crew several years after returning home, except for Tuvok who's now a part of the USS Titan's crew and...
    Janeway, who died in the Next Gen novel "Before Dishonor"

Prior to Beyer's novels, there was the Homecoming duology and the Spirit Walk duology which picked up where "Endgame" left off - although they're not as good as nor necessary to the enjoyment of Beyer's novels.

As for standalone books, "Mosaic" by Jeri Taylor tells Janeway's life story, and "Pathways" gives the backstories of the Voyager crew.