The Neighbors...

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Tom Hendricks, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

The Neighbors TV show is in its second season. It's the little TV show that could. After probably the worse Pilot episodes I have ever watched, wondering how this show ever got picked up. It settled in to be a very funny, witty and immensely entertaining show. It got a full season and even a second and was in my top 10 for shows last year.

However the wheels have fallen off the cart. I don't know if they changed writers or what happen, but this year the show just isn't funny. Whats worse of all, the incredibly witty dialog and light hearted moral tales have been replaced with incredibly tedious monologs and beat you over the head it's so obvious moral lessons.

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I remember seeing the first episode and then never saw another episode. I actually was mildly entertained by it and meant to check it out again but for some reason my DVR never recorded another episode and I forgot all about it.

3. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh it's fine!

I hadn't noticed any degeneration, but maybe it was really good so long ago that I didn't notice the gradual decline in quality?

The bit with the duckling befriends the elephant was adorable until it was horrific.

And the jingle at the beginning is cute.

4. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The first episode is horrible.

I love this show, it has such a great first season, I have only seen a few episodes this season and I enjoyed it, but it seems that the show has sold it's soul to ABC. Like it will stop them from getting canceled, which it clearly will.

I watched the first Halloween episode the other day shortly after the new one. I liked them both, but the first one was so much more fun.

If you haven't given the show a shot skip the pilot and jump right in, so much fun!

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I absolutely love this show and I will be crushed by its inevitable cancellation. I have had no complaints about the second season and haven't noticed any change in quality. I'm still laughing my ass off at Larry Bird and company. And I absolutely love the new theme song.

6. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

The new theme song explaining the show is fantastic!

7. Tom Hendricks

Challoweenukah is the only episode of this season I actually enjoyed. However I too enjoy the new theme song, think it fits the show perfectly. I'm not giving up on the show, just a little disappointed so far. Don't forget everyones milage will vary...

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I thought it was hilarious when Larry Bird came into the Shark Tank pushing the product then immediately switched over to being a Shark and ridiculous them :lol:

I also thought the whole thing with the soul mate girl was funny. What happened to her?

Oh and how about the April Fools episode where they made the Weavers think they aged their little children into midget adults? :lol:

9. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Uh.. I bought season one.

I've been dvr-ing this season, but have been saving them for a marathon.

10. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

(No one thinks less of you.)

"Ah crap, I Sandied myself."

11. Tom Hendricks

Ok, just watched the latest episode. This, THIS one was the best, totally like last season. I actually laughed, the "I just Sandied myself" line was killer. Then "I'll get a towel" also awesome.