tabletop

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Obiwansolo18, May 2, 2013.

1. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

Anyone been keeping up with the latest season of Tabletop?

I didn't think the racing game looked that fun. Resistance looked like it could be really fun though, as long as you have a good mix of people at the table. I think I'm going to buy King of Tokyo at some point and possibly Once Upon a Time as well, although I could see that game either being really interesting or a bit of a chore depending on the people involved.

2. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

I played Resistance with a group of people who didn't really understand the concept. I'm sure it would be a lot of fun with the right people.

Yeah, Hubby and I have King of Tokyo on our list as well. If you get it please let me know how you like it!

3. Davros

Davros Fleet Admiral Admiral

But it is.

4. Sephiroth

Sephiroth Vice Admiral Admiral

a LOT of these games i've seen for sale at Barnes & Noble

5. Shanndee

Does anyone have any opinions about the game "Pantheon"?
    Thumbs up/Thumbs down?

6. Davros

10 points to whoever can name this tabletop classic.
    [​IMG]

7. trekkiebaggio

I haven't played it but it looks quite interesting and it has a good score on BoardGameGeek.

8. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

OMG is that Kingmaker? Haven't seen that for decades!

I used to play a lot of Car Wars, Awful Green Things from Outer Space, and Junta, along with a LOT of Risk.

Currently play Twilight Creation's Zombies and Midevil, also a keen wargamer with Warhammer 40K and Flames of War as my mains, and RPG Doctor Who and some D6 (currently working on a pet project of a D6 game in the Aliens universe - fingers crossed will someday have the ability to pay the licence to Fox and get it published!).

9. Davros

We have ourselves a winner!

I have been trying to get a round of car wars in one of these weekends soon. We have played just tons of Junta. If you like Risk see if you an find Supremacy. It's like Risk with nukes and money.
    [​IMG]

10. Solariabsg25

Solariabsg25 Commodore Commodore

Hmm, seem to remember my Supremacy boards always had more mushrooms on it! :)

11. Obiwansolo18

Obiwansolo18 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I wanna get king of tokyo and local shopngot it so I might be playing that tomorrow. I recently picked up the battle box for warmachine, and it was greT to get those all together and painted and painted my wizwar minks the other day too.

12. Davros

In tried to prospect for nukes but all I got was debt. :)
    I guess I should bring up what games magazine once called the greatest board game of the 20th century.
    [​IMG]

13. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

14. Shanndee

Thank you! We purchased it on impulse, and I look forward to playing it this weekend.

15. trekkiebaggio

Cool, let us know how it is!

I'm a bit annoyed that Tabletop seems to have gone to a fortnightly schedule.

I've been playing Munchkin with friends a lot and we're really enjoying it. It's also been pretty even as well, nobody has really strung a number of victories together. I ordered the expansion Unnatural Axe so I'm looking forward to seeing what that brings :).

16. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I just got some new Munchkin stuff today, along with Dark Ages for Dominion. Anyone else tried Eclipse? It has sort of a B5ish feel to it.

17. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Hubby's friend has ALL the Munchkiin games, and I love playing them. I think Space Munchkin is my all-time favorite, though.

18. Unicron

Unicron Boss Monster Mod Moderator

I've never really branched out besides the "standard" Munchkin version, that is the RPG spoof one. I do like the Game Changers set. :)

19. trekkiebaggio

I'll probably get Star Munchkin at some point because we're all big sci-fi fans. I doubt I'll get many more than that as I think that will provide enough variety to keep us going for a long while.

20. Shanndee

So far I've only played Munchkin Quest (we chose it because 2 people could play it...it looks like all the other games need at least 3), but we've had a lot of silly fun with it!

Hubby and I played "Pantheon" today. We had a bit of a rough start with it (it is a little difficult to play a totally new game from an instruction book :( ), but once we made it through the first few epochs the game mechanics started to make more sense. I think I will really enjoy it the next time we play. I think it will also be more fun with more than 2 people.