THE CAPE "Scales On A Train" Jan 24th *Spoilers!*

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 24, 2011.

?

What Did You Think Of "Scales On A Train"? Rate The Episode!

Poll closed Apr 24, 2011.
  1. Excellent!

6.7%
  2. Good

46.7%
  3. Average

40.0%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Horrible!

6.7%
  1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

THE CAPE "Scales On A Train" PROMO
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSi25c26fUc[/yt]

Official Description...
    WHEN THE CAPE TIPS OFF SCALES, A BUSINESS PARTNER OF PETER FLEMING, THAT HE HAS BEEN DUPED, SCALES HEADS TO A PARTY TO GET REVENGE — When “The Cape” (David Lyons) tips off Dominic Raoul — aka Scales (Vinnie Jones) — that Peter Fleming (James Frain) has been extorting money from him, Scales heads to a costume party on a train to confront Fleming. “The Cape” and Orwell (Summer Glau), also at the party, discover Max (Keith David) and the gang are going to heist the train, and Vince/The Cape is conflicted about what to do. Meanwhile, Dana (Jennifer Ferrin) and Trip (Ryan Wynott) must endure scrutiny and taunts while trying to deal with their loss.

Also starring: Guest star Richard Schiff (Patrick Portman), Martin Klebba (Rollo), Anil Kumar (Ruvi) and Izabella Miko (Raia).

On tonight at 9pm EDT on NBC! :)

There are some episode images Here!

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally!

They got their shit together.

That was watchable.

Not impressive, but watchable.

though that was a reasonable spanner in the works for Orwell being Chess's daughter... Holy shit. Gentlemen. imagine this. When "Orwell" finall reveals herself as the daughter of Chess... She's going to drop that phoney American accent she's using and start speaking with some gorgeous British accent which she was born with, why/how else wouldn't her father recognize the sound of his own daughters voice? Impressive though that she can keep up an accent while drinking beer all the time with Faraday.

Did she hand out a name in the third episode because I think her name might be Georgette.

They went to town on scales make up this time not so subtle, actually made him look like Killer Croc.

And the kid proved that he was not just a light snack in the making for a sex offender

Good for him..

So is Faraday going to fall for Orwell? Technically he's not married, but if he wants the missuss back this is completely Ross and Rachel since they do seem to be on a break.

I think Max publishes/writes The Cape comic.

Good to see some conflict with mission statements between Max and Faraday.

Where the hell was the dreamy little blonde girl?

3. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:confused:

If you Google Izabella Miko the actress who plays Raia some interesting images come up. :drool:

:bolian:

4. Guy Gardener

2 pages in and I figure out that "Interesting" isn't code for naked.

But then my google isn't your google.

5. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

:shrug:

I am hoping to catch the ep live tonight...if not I will have to wait till it is on NBC's website.

6. Guy Gardener

Well I believe it's already aired in Canada which is most probably why I have already seen it.

Maybe Orwell is the mother to a child Chess won't acknowledge?

Flemming "Haven't I met you some place before?'

Orwell: "One night in Bangkok makes a hard man humble"

Flemming "Not much between despair and ecstasy"

Orwell "One night in Bangkok and the tough guys tumble"

Flemming "Can't be too careful with your company"

Orwell "I can feel the devil walking next to me"

7. O'Dib

O'Dib Commodore Commodore

This was actually a really fun ep. How could the same production crew have made that shitty pilot?

8. Guy Gardener

Remember how hot Bonnie was back on Knight Rider when she was playing the role of computer jockey helping Michael Knight fight crime... I actually think they used the line "One man can make a difference" in The Cape pilot.

9. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

The pilot was rushed...I am sure if they had 2 hours for that alone and then the second ep "Tarot" it would have been better...looking foward to tonight! :bolian:

10. MilleniumLance

MilleniumLance Captain Captain

saw it, pretty good ep. summer glau steals the show as always.

11. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Maybe Vince will get killed off and Orwell will become The Cape. :lol:

Summer Glau :drool:

How are people seeing this ep early?

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ Canadians get it on Sunday, and once it airs there are "other means" by which other people can see it. :p

13. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Damn Canadians! :devil:

14. Guy Gardener

BLAME CANADA!

15. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Not a bad episode. Clearly Vince is trying had not to kill Peter even though he has many chances. Next weeks episode kinda drives that point that Vince really need Peter alive in order to clear his own name. The characters are getting better.

16. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Not noticing a whole lot of difference in quality myself.

17. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

Gave it a "Good".

The ep tonight was pretty much on pace with the other eps...all pretty good but lacking in various areas. I can tell they are trying to give it a little charm with the father/son/family connection that made Smallville enjoyable to me in its early seasons. Fleming/Chess I still don't like though and Scales is meh. I know some people complain about the lead David Lyons(Vince/The Cape) but I actually am enjoying his performance each ep. Summer Glau... :drool: Looked fabulous! I can't wait to see how Orwell develops as the series goes on.

Next week with Mena Suvari looks great! :bolian:

18. Jack Bauer

Jack Bauer Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good episode tonight. Peter Flemming was really getting off on the danger when he had the Cape lower him down to stop the train. I thought he was gonna cream his pants. I think he's doing all his evil shit mainly for the danger. Sure he wants power but he gets really off on the danger.

19. Guy Gardener

Of course.

This is not how a smart man runs a global criminal conspiracy.

It might be how you take over the world though.

Seriously though the levels, buffers between the money and the street... Ever watched the Wire? At the end of one seaosn after they found a condo belonging to some crip gang banger ghetto street hustler, it's full of tasteful art, books on economic theory, philosophy and classical music and jazz and the hero cop that finaly found this evil lair declarers "Who the fuck have I been chasing for the last year?"

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I liked this episode. I'm glad they actually addressed the fact that their hero is working and living with a group of ciminals. I'm actually kind of impressed with how early they've actually been dealing with those kinds of issues. I lot of shows will just ignore that kind of stuff for ages.