Supergirl TV Series is being work on.

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by yenny, Sep 5, 2014.

1. yenny

yenny Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/supergirl-tv-series-works-730356

A few months ago, the guys that are working on Man Of Steel 2 were on Twitter. I tweeted them saying, I wonder what Superman reaction will be if he meet Supergirl in Man Of Steel 3.

Supergirl is coming to a cable or broadcast Television network in the near future; Probably a year or two, maybe least?
    There had never been a Supergirl television series, only a movie. Which didn't do well at the box office.

2. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Saw what you will about the old Supergirl movie.. it might not be a great film or even a really good one, but it is very underrated. It has a few things that stand out, like the score, some awesome wirework (I think the shot where she lands in the city at night is really quite good) and, most of all, an actress who fit the title role perfectly. Her costume might be inherently silly, but she wore it like it mattered.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

^ What we got was much better than this...

[​IMG]

Source

As for a series, I'm in.

I heard that there were contingency plans to make Smallville a Supergirl show with the focus on Laura Vandervoort's Kara Kent if Tom Welling ever left. Don't know if that's true or not.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2014
  5. Taylirious

^ I would have loved a LV Supergirl series! I would have loved a Britt Irvin Stargirl series!!! :D

6. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Fleet Admiral Admiral

The article I read stated Berlanti already pitched the series to CW and they turned him down strait away. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. They've already had success with him. I would think they'd at least want to hold on to the rights for the time being to see what happens with Flash. If it does as well as Arrow, then you'd think the network would want to stick with the guy who's hitting well for them. Plus, she's a fairly popular property, not currently beholden to the embargo, and any tie-in potential would more than likely help the show. Certainly there are no guarantees in television, but it doesn't hurt to stack the deck on your favor. I understand why Gotham or even Constantine are better off on other networks, but this seems like a no-brainer to me.

Plus, it would be a nice way to introduce Kryptonion/Kandorian mythos into the Arrowverse without having to use that other fella. In fact, I can't help but wonder if this is why Berlanti wanted to do a Kara show in the first place, and he assumed CW would green-light it.

7. Agent Richard07

^ Yeah, I was thinking that a Supergirl series would have been a good addition to the Arrow/Flash universe. Then I figured that it might be odd to introduce her without there being a Superman around. That could be why they passed.

8. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Supergirl in the Bruce Timm styled JLU outfit....FTW! :)

9. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Really hope this happens, and I agree it seems like a show that would be perfect for the CW demographic. Although perhaps on another network there's a chance we could get something much less angsty and melodramatic than the usual CW fare, which would be good.

And once again I'd love for this to tie into the new MOS universe (and for her to be wearing a variation of the same supersuit), but I know that's probably not going to happen.

I don't know if I'd call it underrated exactly, but it definitely does have some very cool moments. Like the street battle against the construction equipment, the scene of Kara learning how to fly over the lake, and her encounter with some street thugs. And the Phantom Zone sequence seems much cooler now than it did at the time as well.

Just those things alone make it a helluva lot better than Superman III and IV.

10. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Ugh, no thank you. I admit that Arrow has been doing an excellent job at gradually introducing fantastical elements, my skepticism nothwithstanding, but there are limits, and full-power Kryptonians crosses the line for that world. IMHO.

Also, as much as I'd like to see a full-on Supergirl series, I think the budget matter would be prohibitive. Photoreal flying and action ain't cheap.

11. CorporalClegg

It's a lot cheaper than it was even four years ago.

12. Taylirious

John Diggle joked about aliens. :p What's next, aliens?

13. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If they really want to cut down on cost but have the Superman Conection, what about Krypto?

A flying Dog in a Superman cape?

:)

Thing about a Supermut is that I can see him spinning wound the earth backwards, turning back time, so that he can eat some vomit he made last night again.

Seriously?

How do they stop Krypto from ####ing up the space time continuum?

Krypto thinks that he's going to chase a car, and then he's accidentally crashed into Abraham Lincoln and chewing his arm off.

14. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Three tidbits here:

1. If WB and DC don't tie the Green Arrow and Flash TV series (and this Supergirl series if it happens) in with the (Green Lantern---->?) MOS ---> Justice League movies, they're complete morons. But, having seen the New 52, and so many other failures to properly reboot or capitalize on synergistic marketing (yes, I actually did just say that phrase in all seriousness) in the past from them, they ARE complete morons, so I have very little hope.

2. I wore blue and green (separately, not together) headbands throughout jr. high because Kryptonians were depicted as doing so in the comics.

3. If this series is handled as well as Green Arrow, I'm for it. If it is handled as badly as Smallville, forget about it.

15. CorporalClegg

As much I'd like to see a unified DCU, Christopher makes some good points as to why it's a bad idea ... at least for now.

16. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I must've done that in another thread.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is an interesting idea. I've liked the character in a stuff that I've seen her in, and it would be a nice way to get a Supermanesque character on screen without conflicting with the movies. It would be interesting to see a version of Supergirl in a world without Superman.

18. Agent Richard07

I like the idea of a unified DCU as well and wish we had one. The only real problem I can think of that prevents this is that Superman's arrival hasn't been mentioned on Arrow.

19. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

When you look at the amount and quality of effects in the new Flash series, I don't really see flying being much of an issue for Supergirl. Obviously they won't be able to have her engaging in massive MOS-style battles in the sky or fighting giant robots, but it should still be possible to do some simpler transition shots of her flying through the clouds to her destination or wherever.

And of course the old Superboy show got some great results just using old-fashioned wires (for action closer to the ground), and their budget was much smaller than this show's budget is likely to be.

20. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

They've already confirmed that they will not be creating a shared universe between the movies and tv shows.