Who would you like to portray the 12th doctor?

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Green Lantern, Oct 6, 2012.

1. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

No further left field than Christopher Eccleston to me. MacFadyen has a great stage voice and can be a very active Doctor and he's certainly got the dramatic acting down in my mind.

2. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

If you're going to cast a Harry Potter alumnus, Emma Watson.

Yes, I'm being entirely serious.

3. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I could totally see Emma Watson playing a very cool cross between the two Romanas with a touch of Ace or Leela as Doctor 12

YES Hugh Laurie MUST play either The Master or Thomas Covenant, my two dream roles for him

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Well, suggestions of Rupert Grint and Emma Watson don't make me feel so crazy about my most outrageous spitballing of Jason Statham in the role.

More realistically, I think I more want to see some bold choice for #13 for sure but maybe #12 could be a stepping stone with someone a little less cute and cuddly than Tennant and Smith. I think that mold is becoming quite accepted though as the norm and might be hard to break.

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

CAD mocked the Statham-as-Doctor idea in one of the comic's rare funny strips. I've not seen Looper yet or read reviews, but based on the trailer it looked very much like what I think a high-octane action timey-wimey Doctor Who would be.

I wouldn't object to Statham as the Doctor.

For a more realistic choice, I'd like to see James Frain as the 12th Doctor.

6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Read my first post! I want Idris Elba to be doctor #12 too, I think it'd not be a too odvious choice, plus he's a dark character, and would apeal to the minorities.
    I don't like the idea of a female doctor.

7. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

That's absurd and a little insulting. Matt Smith is young but that doesn't mean that he necessarily appeals to young people, nor does he appeal to football players or any other group he happens to be a part of.

8. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

Beat me to it. I've been hoping for Eddie Izzard since 2004 when BBC first announced Doctor Who's return. :lol:

I would die happy if Idris Elba was selected.

Bill Nighy's name has been tossed around almost as long as Izzard's.

Alexander Siddig would also be a great choice.

That all being said, I'm sure it'll be someone that most of us have never heard off.

9. JRoss

JRoss Commodore Commodore

Actually wouldn't mind McFayden. He's anonymous-looking, which would help with the reversal from the Lonely God. I know this is childish, but I can't stand Paterson Joseph's name. I just keep thinking that it should be Joseph Paterson. I would not want to look at those credits.

Tom Hiddleston would be my favorite.

10. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

hmm....how about:

[​IMG]

I can totally see it. He would be a very forward, very forcefull and often pretty bitter Doctor, with a dash of black humor.

11. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

How about having them regenerate near each other at the same time and they "mix". The resulting doctor is the doctor most of the time but sometimes...lets say..when he gets angry...the Master surfaces.

12. StarMan

StarMan Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm thinking a spacetime paradox worthy of both Who and TNG would result if such a thing occurred.

13. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

You can never have enough paradoxes ;-) But seriously...they would probably not be able to pay his price anyway.

14. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

He did a show on ITV, he can't be that expensive anymore!

15. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

Jason Isaacs

16. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Hello!

17. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

I have no idea how it works with actors pay...isnĀ“t there some kind of minimum pay depending on how famous someone is? Of course he could always say "hey I really like this...I make you a good price"...?

18. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

How about Robert Kazinsky...good looking, somewhat "dark" (at least in this picture) plus he is ginger ;-)

[​IMG]

19. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I have no idea who that is...

20. FreddyE

FreddyE Captain Captain

me neither...lol...I just googled ginger hair british actors, and picked one I could imagine as new doctor from the looks. ;-)