stalkin' my peeps - Welcome New Members thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by alibee, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

Hi Calina!

... well, that was short but sweet.

2. Tprach

Tprach Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi everyone. I am new here and am married to USS_Triumphant. I love Sci-Fi, Anime, Music, Movies and more. I look forward to getting to know everyone here.:vulcan:

3. USS Triumphant

USS Triumphant Vice Admiral Admiral

Hey, baby. What's shakin'? ;)

:luvlove:

4. TheWifeOfBrian

TheWifeOfBrian Lieutenant Commander

Pleco's wife here.

Mostly here to keep him in line, don't know if I'm going to be a regular poster or not. ;)

5. Mallory

Mallory Moderator In Memoriam

Welcome to the board! :)

6. Australis

Australis Writer - Australis Admiral

More wives?!!

I mean, uh, welcome!

*/ backs away slowly... /*

7. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

Howdy all! Just joined yesterday, but I've been lurking semi-regularly since the SlipstreamBBS went dark, however long ago that was, and regularly for two years or so.

8. Aegon Targaryen

Aegon Targaryen Ensign Newbie

Greetings from Finland y'all, came upon the forum by chance.

Been a Trek fan since the 90s or so, I also like other products of science fiction, some fantasy literature (My account name is inspired by a character from George R R Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire), anime, computer gaming, metal music and other more or less marginal pastimes.

9. ambessalion

ambessalion Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi. Name's Ahmie....i'm a major trekkie...i'm working on a fanfic (Star Trek: Distant Shores)....it's a conworlding project (constructed worlds)...

i also like Psych, Monk, and Mythbusters...

i'm crazy, sarcastic and weird too ;)

10. trekkiedane

trekkiedane Admiral Admiral

As usual I am way behind on my welcome's, but here's a nice little

[​IMG]
    for

DragonLady - There is a member-name change list in QS&F, maybe your friends from the past have merely changed their names ;)
    Jukesette - That recipe (-thread) pops up every now and then :lol:
    Gates
    Sky - Did you ever watch Babylon 5?
    troisboobs - Indeed there are, and most of them post right here!
    Brento - The ST goodies are but a minor part of the goodies (if important ones though)
    Farquard - Oh well, you did find this thread
    SciFiBoy
    Geckothan
    Dingo
    Tprach
    TheWifeOfBrian
    Kestrel
    Aegon Targaryen
    and
    ambessalion -'crazy, sarcastic and weird" - that's just a normal day around here.

11. bbally

bbally Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello I've joined today, I first got into Star Trek after watching an Arabic dub of the animated series back in Egypt.

As you know from my first post, I am a muslim and yes, I am aware of Gene Roddenberry's opinion on religion and quite frankly I don't care, I just disagree with his views on religion.

12. trekkiedane

Welcome bbally

I hope you've had opportunity to watch it in original too, 'cause Doohan does a lot of great voices in that! :bolian:

May I ask; what made you register in this asylum?
    (Never saw your first post) That's cool, I too don't care about anyone's views on religion -frankly, this species is much too smart for that sort of thing.

-And if you took anything I said, besides welcome and the part about Doohan of course, serious you won't ever feel like you belong here :p

13. bbally

bbally Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I just felt like joining a Star Trek web community since I've been a fan of the franchise for quite a long time, I've seen TNG, I've seen the Wrath Of Khan, I also am a fan of the flash parody Stone Trek and am also a fan of Shatner (Denny Cran... I mean Captain James T. Kirk):lol: and with the new movie coming, I've realized I've joined so many fan communities of shows/movies/comics/cartoon titles but not Star Trek (and I'm a member of a Doctor Who forum too) so I decided to join.

I hope I didn't get turn many people off with my thoughts on Roddenberry's opinions on religion.

14. trekkiedane

:lol: indeed. (luv that part of the trailer!)

Nope, I think you're ok here - lots of faith based people around! (you did see the religion thread in Misc, right? (I've read your first post in the meantime you see)) -you'll fit right in!

Well, like I said: Welcome!

ETA: I better add this: don't let the current flow of weird avatars scare you away, it's only temporary and there is sort of an explanation somewhere in Misc.

15. SpocksBondmate

SpocksBondmate Ensign Red Shirt

I'm SpocksBondmate, but you can call me Sarah. I've been a Trekkie for going on four years. My favorite series are TOS and TNG, and my favorite character has always been Spock. I got into Trek through my mom, when she showed me the fourth Trek film one night in 2005. I think that is enough to get you started; feel free to contact me!

16. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Welcome to you all. Now go have some fun being geeks. :D

17. trekkiedane

You started by watching the cheesy comedy yet still somehow managed to become a trekkie! -I'm impressed!

Welcome SpocksBondmate!

So, why the long inactivity? -you joined MONTHS ago yet have only two posts!!!

18. SpocksBondmate

SpocksBondmate Ensign Red Shirt

Honestly, I don't know. I would guess because I sometimes can't find my way into topics I like when I'm new somewhere. And also because I visit so many other forums that it's hard to keep track of where I post.

19. trekkiedane

Other forums :confused: What are these other forums of which you speak?

:p

20. Vitrikor

Vitrikor Cadet Newbie

Greetings one and all,

I go by the alias Vitrikor on this, and several other websites (odds are, if you see someone by that username, it's either me or some asshole impersonating me. xD). Old Norse portmanteau of the words for "truth/wisdom" and "leader/speaker", and I thought it just sounded cool. Anyways...

I'd consider myself an all-around geek; as far as fiction goes I'm a large fan of Star Trek (obviously), several anime series, Star Wars (-cringes a bit on this one-), Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, the Ender's Game series, and several others that I can't recall at the moment but still love, all in no particular order. As far as non-fiction goes, I'm an avid fan of anything in the field of pioneer sciences (Stephen Hawking in particular is a wonderful writer and brilliant theoretician), and political theory as well.

As far as real life things go, I'm a 19 year old college student; going to be a junior in the fall, going for a double major in Political Theory and Asian Studies on a pre-law track. So I'm pretty busy during the school year; just taking 6 credits over the summer though at a local community college, so I'm fairly free over the summer at least.

Anyways, I'm new here.

Live long and prosper.