ST 3: ST's equivalent of Skyfall..?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Roald, Aug 11, 2013.

1. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Commander Red Shirt

^I've been under the impression the actual, real title is Dark Bond Rises.

2. serenitytrek1

serenitytrek1 Commander

Speaking of death, I did not like M's death all that much in Skyfall, I was like the poor lady...she has been Bond's surrogate Mum since the Brosnan era and she gets taken out by a lunatic.

Is that what you wish for our dear Picard, who in my opinion is the best star fleet captain ever (no offence to Kirk's fans).

Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  3. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Why not? I'd rather him go out in an interesting way than meander about as Enterprise captain for decades with a walker moaning about his Geritol injections.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkyISf_KDLI[/yt]

4. ComicGuy89

ComicGuy89 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Here's an interesting observation, all three reboot Bond movies shared 2 screenwriters. I had thought they overhauled the crew with Skyfall.

5. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Only thing I got from Skyfall was that Bond sucked at his job. If the third Trek movie is going to be the "Skyfall" of the series, I'm expecting the crew to fail at everything they set out to do.

6. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

So...The Wrath of Khan then?

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

If only Kirk raised the damn shields as regulations stipulate (and Saavik reminded him!) then that movie would have been very different.

8. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

If Kirk raises the shields, then there is no movie as the Enterprise destroys the Reliant. :lol:

9. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

Or we actually get to see Khan's superior intellect in action and Kirk gets beat even on his own terms, which would have been a more complex and interesting way to drive his arc in the story.

That whole not raising the shields thing has always been among the weakest of links for me in TWOK.

10. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

This ... times about a trillion. SKYFALL managed to destroy 48 years of moviegoing goodwill about Bond with me (and that is even after suffering through the Moore era.)

11. Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu Commodore Commodore

^Okay, exactly how is Bond incompetent in Skyfall for you?