Glee - Season Four

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by mswood, Sep 14, 2012.

1. 137th Gebirg

137th Gebirg Admiral Premium Member

^^^ And
    promptly got shot in the head for being a douche.

2. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Uhm.. i think you misunderstood. They didn't break up.. they just had a fight (and if everyone breaks up after fight there wouldn't be any long lasting couples at all).

Kurt and Blaine are on the rocks.. as Blaine said he's got no idea if they broke up or not.

The only couples that really broke up and i think they did it for the right seasons. Like Finn or not he really was an ass.. he's got a good girl and he basically vanishes for months at a time.. enough time for her to realize that while she loves him it's no way to be treated.

And Santana realized that long distance relationships rarely work.. i've been in one and no matter how much you love the other one that distance is really putting on pressure. So she did the hard choice and ended it before it hurt even more.

Songwise it was quite a good episode.. the ratio of pop songs was a bit high but especially the last number was really good. While Glee lost much of its sparkle season 4 so far proves indeed watchable.

But what's up with the 4 week break? You don't do such a big break so soon after the season has started!

3. Campe

Campe Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Between baseball and the presidential debates, there won't be time for Glee on Fox in October.

4. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

Only the last song really "grabbed" me, but I thought all the songs were terrifically staged, something Glee continues to excel at.

While the level of the melodrama whizzed past me, I really enjoyed Blaine's rendering of Teenage Dream as a heartfelt ballad. Just him at the piano delivering the song without any other instrumental backing gave the song a buliding tension as it slowly became apparent that he was not just singing a tribute to Kurt.

The break-up song sung by Blaine, Kurt, Rachel, Phinn, looked like a fantasy. The singers giving their emotional "testimony" mostly to us rather their respective partners made it seem like they were each trying to make their individual cases with us as judge.

The final song, the one that started out with just Phinn but ended with all of the warring couples, was the cherry on top of the sundae (Phinn's singing notwithstanding). Even Brit got into the action. Just very well done and borderline moving.

5. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I thought that was brilliant, absolutely loved it.

Blaine's performance in New York was amazing.

The break-up conversation between Santana and Brittany is pretty much exactly the same one I had with an ex.

I thought the fight between Emma and Will felt a bit too manufactured, they both seemed to overreact.

The only bits that brought the episode down were with the new characters. NuQuinn is just annoying.

I'm assuming that Finn is going to take over New Directions while Will is away, which I think fits the character nicely.

6. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Finally got around to watching the last episode. Why is Will such an asshole? His character just gets to be more and more unlikable.

Where do these McKinley kids get hundreds and hundreds of dollars for plane tickets with no jobs?

How do Rachel and Kurt afford that huge apartment again???

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

He got out of the army after shooting himself in the leg while cleaning his rifle which he had named Rachel. This is a pretty blatant metaphor for his relationship with Rachel don't you think?

8. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

They made some vague reference to the apartment being cheap because is in a bad neighborhood back when they moved in. But that apartment is HUGE. The neighborhood must be be like Dodge City in the 1800's.

9. Guy Gardener

What would be hilarious is if it wasn't an apartment but just empty factory space and they were renting it off criminals who claim to own it but don't. Although honestly, it is empy factory space and probably illegal for people to live there, as much as it isillegal for bad people to rent it was a human's habitat.

This is why you pay a security guard minimum wage to look after your property even if you're not using it.

10. Briquettes

Briquettes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm starting to think that Will is becoming his ex-wife. I mean he's not bat shit crazy like Terri was, but she only cared about her desires and didn't care about what Will wanted. Now Will wants Emma to give up her life and do what he wants.

Meh, this kind of thing has been going on from the beginning. During season one the show made it seem like it was nothing to travel between McKinley (Lima) and Carmel High (Akron). In reality those cities are on opposite sides of Ohio.

11. trekkiebaggio

Glee has been back for a couple of weeks now, are people still watching?

We have evil Sue back, and I kinda sympathise because what Finn said was horrible, but it's hard to forget all the abuse she's hurled out at various people over the past few seasons.

We also have a new character who seems alright so far. NuQuinn strikes me as very evil.

Again Tina gets shafted, but it was good to see Santana. I'm glad Finn is the new leader of Glee, and I liked the final scene he and Rachel had. I also liked how they worked the two of them into "You're The One That I Want".

I love Kate Hudson's character too.

12. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

I quit watching. I might catch up later when I'm absolutely bored out of my mind, but I just can't suffer through this show anymore. The writing is just absurd.

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Okay, I missed the first episode of the latest batch. (What, Glee was back? Why did nobody tell me?) But I caught this week's "Grease"-themed ep. A couple questions:

1) What's the story with Finn and Sue? He insulted her baby or something? Is there something wrong with her baby?

2) Finn is in charge of Glee club now?

3) Who is the new guy, the one playing Danny in "Grease"?

14. Spock/Uhura Fan

Spock/Uhura Fan Captain Captain

Ditto. (And I am very rarely ever bored out of my mind.)

15. trekkiebaggio

I'm not sure exactly what, but Sue's baby has a condition and during an argument Finn called her baby retarded.

Finn was directionless and pretty much had nowhere to go, so he was helping out Will with the club and then once Will's new position came through he suggested that Finn take over.

The new guy is someone Finn recruited from the football team because nobody else wanted to play Danny in Grease.

16. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I've been watching and if I suspend belief, I've been enjoying this season. It's already better than Season 3, for what that's worth.

17. AliciaD496

AliciaD496 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Missed the last two weeks but finally caught up online. Loved Grease and how they found a way to incorporate all the returning cast members into one scene together. Love the girl who played sandy and her interaction with the guy playing Danny. I'm Still trying to figure out Kitty's motivation in making the other girl sick, because that seemed way beyond jealousy for not getting the lead and could have serious repricussions health wise.

You know I understand she was hurting from the betrayal of her new love interest but it seems to me the 'new' Rachel is a real witch with a b, and has dragged Kurt down with her. She's stuck up and snobby and basically everything she was before magnified ten fold. Finn and Blaine didn't ask them to come yet they both acted like spoiled divas when confronted, and Finn seemed as if he still cared for her as a friend before her outburst. New York hasn't done either Rachel or Kurt any favors, both have turned even more unlikable than previous seasons if possible.

18. blueziggy

blueziggy Lieutenant Red Shirt

alicia,

my gf and i watched the grease episode together. little back story, we dated when we were late teenagers and where broken up for almost 10 years when we got together again. so...

watching the whole finn/rachael scene she commented on how bitchy rachael was and how it was very unrealistic. i came right back at her and said "i can definitely understand how finn felt and that it was pretty spot on when you learn your ex is "dating" someone".

she wasnt a bitch, she was a typical person. after being with someone everyday and then not, learning that that person now has this whole other life sucks. although she didnt mean to drive the point home, the "now its just sad" comment meant more then just the situation. it also meant she thought of finn as sad too. will be interesting to see that played out.

19. Guy Gardener

Unless retarded is suddenly no longer a technical term, what Finn actually said that was the baby was retarded because Sue is a horrible bitter person, or words to that effect.

20. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Sue's baby is supposed to have Down's, which is why Finn said "retarded." He was saying that, with all Sue has gone through, including having a retarded baby, he thought she would be more supportive of Unique and the Glee Club in general.